• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 sweeps in a row too much to ask?....Stros 6/12-14

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Bacsik, a former Texas Rangers pitcher and current talk show host for The Fan KRLD-FM (105.3), tried to hit another man during a coaching dispute at a youth baseball game last August, police say.

1497306035-mikebacisk.jpg

Mike Bacsik
(KRLD-FM)
According to a police report, third-base coach Gilbert Roblez, 59, told police he was helping a new player when Bacsik — the opposing team's coach — complained to the umpire.

Roblez said he told Bacsik to calm down, and then Bacsik reportedly charged at him.

Police say Bacsik pushed Roblez to the ground, then swung at him without making contact. He then got up in Roblez's face saying, "Come on let's do it," in an attempt to fight, according to the incident report.

Bacsik then reportedly pushed Roblez to the ground a second time, twisting his ankle and injuring his neck, police said. Roblez did not seek medical treatment at that time, police said.

Two witnesses confirmed Roblez's account, police said.

Bacsik faces trial later this month on a charge of assault by contact, a class C misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to $500.

That guy has a temper and no filter. He doesn't need to be on the radio, as he was already fired once for his tweets to San Antonio. He's the type of coach youth baseball doesn't need. I hate when I hear my coaches or opponent coaches complaining over the pace of play if someone is helping the kids out. I coach 7U...that is the time we are supposed to be teaching!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are so far behind I would just like to be over .500 in any series right now. 2 outta 3 would be just the ticket.
last night was a good start. Hopefully we continue playing good baseball, get over the 500, maintain over 500 and get much needed players back and playing to their capabilities. Not ready to throw in the towel just yet.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard JD on one of the talk shows yesterday and he was saying Diekman hopes to be back around mid August. JD's tone sounded like he's a little less optimistic than Diek and he stressed how the team will approach his situation with great caution.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last night was a good start. Hopefully we continue playing good baseball, get over the 500, maintain over 500 and get much needed players back and playing to their capabilities. Not ready to throw in the towel just yet.

Long summer is just starting and we have Beltre out so I am optimistic as the season progresses. But we are what 13 games out still?

Good BB has been played and that makes 4 in a row. We rattled off 10 so maybe we can get another streak going.

Lets see if we can make it 2 sweeps........

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard JD on one of the talk shows yesterday and he was saying Diekman hopes to be back around mid August. JD's tone sounded like he's a little less optimistic than Diek and he stressed how the team will approach his situation with great caution.
I always thought Diekman was very optimistic, but if that is what it takes to get through this ordeal then I understand completely.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston is throwing peacock and Martes at us the next 2 games.

Let's face it. Those guys are not going to be the starters when their pitching staff is healthy . The Rangers have to get at least one more down here or they've blown a good opportunity.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I told my wife last night that our 2nd round draft pick, Hans Crouse, reminded me of Mark Fydrych I had to find some video on YouTube to show her. It is hard to explain him without video. I looked up his game logs from his rookie season to refresh my memory on how he fared again us. He threw 2 complete games against us in 1976 and won both of them. His first start against us was only his 6th big league start and he threw a 11 inning complete game against us and that game was proceeded by another 11 inning complete game. So in his 5th and 6th big league starts he threw back to back 11 inning complete games. Things have really changed since then.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy has a temper and no filter. He doesn't need to be on the radio, as he was already fired once for his tweets to San Antonio. He's the type of coach youth baseball doesn't need. I hate when I hear my coaches or opponent coaches complaining over the pace of play if someone is helping the kids out. I coach 7U...that is the time we are supposed to be teaching!
I hope they keep him from coaching, but I really hope he stays on the radio. He adds a great deal to local radio baseball conversation.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston is throwing peacock and Martes at us the next 2 games.

Let's face it. Those guys are not going to be the starters when their pitching staff is healthy . The Rangers have to get at least one more down here or they've blown a good opportunity.

Counterpoint: they could lose the next two games and would still go 4-2 against two of the best teams in baseball on the road. I wouldn't have bet a nickel on that a week ago.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that's a lot of pitchers taken.
I wouldn't mind that if we were better at developing pitchers. They take guys who are risky with high upside and then fail at developing them. That is a bad combination. They either need to completely revamp the management and training of young pitchers or quit taking risks with high upside guys.