• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 Longhorns arrested for sexual assault

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he needs to keep his head clean. One more concussion and he's mush head material....

I figure that's why Wishbone wants him to play in the RRS, so that a Sooner does just that.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, both were DISMISSED in March. I never read about it until now. I figure they questioned Strong's rules improperly and became an example.

he played in the spring game. Not sure when he was dismissed, but it was just announced today.

Chet Moss and Leroy Scott were dismissed in the spring, before spring training.

Today, it's:

Overstreet
Josh Turner
Kendal Thompson
Chevoski Collins
Joe Bergeron

plus maybe a few still to come.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were sitting around talking football this morning at the office and some of the UT alums are wondering if this could backfire. Charlie Strong is doing the right thing getting rid of the riff raff but what if some of these guys turn into jerks and try to torpedo Strong? Everything is delicate in a program until the New Guy earns his stripes and that's what they were talking about: if some of these guys who were kicked off start telling stories about the program it could either (a) reinforce the reservations of those UT alums who aren't completely sold on Strong to begin with or (b) raise questions in the minds of recruits that other schools will use against him. It's a balancing act and so far Charlie Strong is getting away with being Vlad the Impaler. The UT guys are a bit nervous about so much happening so quickly and so consistently. Could there be unintended consequences?

I think the recruiting will improve, actually. And today, picked up 4*John Burt out of Tallahassee.
I dont see any problems as of yet.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he played in the spring game. Not sure when he was dismissed, but it was just announced today.

Chet Moss and Leroy Scott were dismissed in the spring, before spring training.

Today, it's:

Overstreet
Josh Turner
Kendal Thompson
Chevoski Collins
Joe Bergeron

plus maybe a few still to come.

Strong will have a sitdown meeting with all the kids dismissed Monday, so we should have more details about specifics and if they can appeal or have a chance of getting back on the team.

I'll miss Bergeron......simply because he brought toughness to the team. Josh Turner could hurt too because we're thin in the secondary.