• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1990 MLB Draft Semi-Final 2

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one seriously sucks! This and a couple of others I felt it was somewhat unfair for me to vote. Even after I study and with the stats provided, actually knowing the players and their strengths weaknesses etc, there's nothing like it... That being said, I go with team 5... I feel/felt the pitching was slightly better for 5... Also from the information it appears to me team five has a better overall scoring team, meaning team speed and the hitters selected were not for home run purposes only, but also to move players around the bases... Team 3 feels more like a team to load the bases and then clear them... that's just my interpretation of the information... Team 5 in 7

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This one seriously sucks! This and a couple of others I felt it was somewhat unfair for me to vote. Even after I study and with the stats provided, actually knowing the players and their strengths weaknesses etc, there's nothing like it... That being said, I go with team 5... I feel/felt the pitching was slightly better for 5... Also from the information it appears to me team five has a better overall scoring team, meaning team speed and the hitters selected were not for home run purposes only, but also to move players around the bases... Team 3 feels more like a team to load the bases and then clear them... that's just my interpretation of the information... Team 5 in 7

I'm a bastid! I don't want to vote the next game damn it! :hope:

But I will...:L

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a couple thoughts.
1. Puckett IMO was a better CF than Murphy
2. You have Winfield beating Strawberry on defense in RF (Those are both players on team 5) Andre Dawson is my RF

for #1, of course a Twins fan would think Puckett was better than Murphy :). But seriously, in both these games, there were some very close players and I just had to pick one.

for #2, CRAP!!!! How the heck did I screw that up.

Dawson - Winfield 3 (Dawson)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all comes down to Shane...

Well, other than it'd be a tie. What happens with a tie?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for voting WLK and don't feel like you shouldn't vote of course you should and I respect your opinion.

If I may disagree with one thing, team 3 has more team speed than team 5 and was not built trying to be a station to station team waiting for the long ball.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all comes down to Shane...

Well, other than it'd be a tie. What happens with a tie?

Either 3 way final or we get an outside person to decide... Whatever you all want is fine with me.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no ties we have Skinsdad decide the winner

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll PM Shane to go vote

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no ties we have Skinsdad decide the winner

I think we need to rethink having skinsdad decide ties. We did away with allowing others to vote but someone else still decides who wins?

I would be more comfy with a 3 team final. Not to mention i'm not sure skinsdad was a big baseball fan so we would be letting someone from the outside who might not know a lot about baseball decide.

It's up to you guys...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll PM doug for a possible deciding vote pronto

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for voting WLK and don't feel like you shouldn't vote of course you should and I respect your opinion.

If I may disagree with one thing, team 3 has more team speed than team 5 and was not built trying to be a station to station team waiting for the long ball.

Station to station?

Our top two are a wash when it comes to speed. (Coleman did steal over 100 a few times. And Biggio swiped 50 a couple of times, despite being a "compiler")Dave Winfield stole over 20 4 times. Kirby..... Once. Hell, my DH once stole 36 bases in a season and over 200 in his career. Dale Murphy had a 30 steal season. Fryman even swiped 16 one year.

Finley and Roberts are both speed guys on the bench. I don't think either team was built to just wait for the long ball. I can tell you for sure, Team 5 wasn't. And I don't really appreciate the insinuation tbh.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to rethink having skinsdad decide ties. We did away with allowing others to vote but someone else still decides who wins?

I would be more comfy with a 3 team final. Not to mention i'm not sure skinsdad was a big baseball fan so we would be letting someone from the outside who might not know a lot about baseball decide.

It's up to you guys...

So we set the rule before we draft and now it's getting changed.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Station to station?

Our top two are a wash when it comes to speed. (Coleman did steal over 100 a few times. And Biggio swiped 50 a couple of times, despite being a "compiler")Dave Winfield stole over 20 4 times. Kirby..... Once. Hell, my DH once stole 36 bases in a season and over 200 in his career. Dale Murphy had a 30 steal season. Fryman even swiped 16 one year.

Finley and Roberts are both speed guys on the bench. I don't think either team was built to just wait for the long ball. I can tell you for sure, Team 5 wasn't. And I don't really appreciate the insinuation tbh.

Then maybe you should have read what WLK wrote as what I posted was in reply to that.

Here, i'll post it again for you...

Also from the information it appears to me team five has a better overall scoring team, meaning team speed and the hitters selected were not for home run purposes only, but also to move players around the bases... Team 3 feels more like a team to load the bases and then clear them... that's just my interpretation of the information...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we set the rule before we draft and now it's getting changed.

Go ahead and axe him I don't care I said it was up to everyone not just me...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets wait for Shaneman to make his vote first then I will ask Skins if needed. I PM'd Shane. I just want set rules that we live and die by and thought that's we agreed upon before drafting. Hell if the majority wants something I am all for it but we agreed we didn't like outside voting because of the problems that arouse last few drafts.