• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1990 MLB Draft Semi-Final 2

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We want Doug!!!!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not bums? At least he's done the baseball ones before.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and I just wanna give apologies to everyone if I have been even more of an ass hole the last few days, I have been real sick but I actually feel a little better today.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and I just wanna give apologies to everyone if I have been even more of an ass hole the last few days, I have been real sick but I actually feel a little better today.

No problem Nos hopefully your feeling better. Skinsdad should be casting a vote shortly. If you get Bums and Dougie that could be a great deciding vote.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have been asked to be the tie breaker and guys no wonder you are dead locked

so lets go over the order

raines vs coleman raines with the edge 2
alomar vs biggio , biggio with edge 5
pucket vs winfield wingfield with the edge clearly 5
palmero vs murray murray with the edge clearly 5
belle vs murphy murphy has the edge better defender 5
dawson vs strawberry dawson clearly the better player 2
tettleton vs ripken ripken by far 5
wallach vs parrish slightly to wallach 2
larkin vs fryman larkin huge edge 2

rotation

morris tanana,appier rijo gubizca vs cone,key reuschal, fernadez hough

if i were to rate rotations i believe morris was the best over the decade with cone right there i like tanana over key but the last 3 of team 2 have endurance over team 5 staff team 2

bench i like the pop of team 5's bench over team 2 team 5

bull pen i see as even

overall i like team 5 just a bit better

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have been asked to be the tie breaker and guys no wonder you are dead locked

raines vs coleman raines with the edge 2
alomar vs biggio , biggio with edge 5
pucket vs winfield wingfield with the edge clearly 5
palmero vs murray murray with the edge clearly 5
belle vs murphy murphy has the edge better defender 5
dawson vs strawberry dawson clearly the better player 2
wallach vs parrish slightly to wallach 2

rotation

if i were to rate rotations i believe morris was the best over the decade with cone right there i like tanana over key but the last 3 of team 2 have endurance over team 5 staff team 2

bull pen i see as even

Being I came out on the losing end I feel the need to say a few things.

Biggio over Alomar is hilarious...

I love Dave Winfield but with the edge clearly? Not in this lifetime or any other.

Murray with the edge clearly? Based on what? If you go by numbers alone Palmeiro has a slight edge, more HR's in less AB's, higher OBP.

Murphy over Belle cuz he's a better defender? You are ranking the batting order no? Belle > Murphy with the bat.

No offense to skinsdad at all but this is not a fair way to determine the winner. We stopped letting others vote but we still let someone not in the league decide the winner.

I'll post the Championship now.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Skinsdad for your vote. Sorry Nos for your lose. At least you made it this far.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm voting for team # 4.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love Dave Winfield but with the edge clearly? Not in this lifetime or any other.

Murray with the edge clearly? Based on what? If you go by numbers alone Palmeiro has a slight edge, more HR's in less AB's, higher OBP.

Murphy over Belle cuz he's a better defender? You are ranking the batting order no? Belle > Murphy with the bat.

No offense to skinsdad at all but this is not a fair way to determine the winner. We stopped letting others vote but we still let someone not in the league decide the winner.

I had a lot of the similar thoughts. Puckett (IMO) was better at the plate than Winfield (not saying Winfield was bad, just that Puckett was better). I think Murray was a stat compiler who benefitted from the DH rule that allowed him to play 4 more years (and get the 3000 hits and 500 hr marks). Heck, even WAR favors Palmeiro (71.6 to 68.3). Finally, I like Biggio a lot, but Alomar should probably be considered the greatest offensive second baseman ever (though I have not analyzed that to any extent, and that opinion is based solely on memory and not hard data).

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I appreciate Skins breaking the tie, nice of him to do. Still looking for best way, I got robbed by 3 guys who didn't give two squirts and I see Nos point here. I think we should only vote league members, rankings break ties

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for voting WLK and don't feel like you shouldn't vote of course you should and I respect your opinion.

If I may disagree with one thing, team 3 has more team speed than team 5 and was not built trying to be a station to station team waiting for the long ball.

That's why I was reluctant... I'll say Vince stood out because when I was researching my catcher it named him in particular as being uncatchable along with Henderson... As for my discription of your team, I saw a lot of power and to me was an indication of a power team which would set up scoring... It's why I hated to vote... I tried to stay within the rules in terms of allowing the 3 stat rule to be a big part of the competition, but I can't be fair and vote with such lack of knowledge... So it will be taken into consideration but I will continue to look up players like I used to... I enjoy and respect all of the time you and Ritz put in as the mods, and the time and knowledge that ALL the participants put into it, to not vote with a good understanding of each team... We can disagree on how teams can be built or run, but it's not fair to vote against a person because I lack the knowledge of players abilities on said team... My apologies...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WLK you really have no need to apologize I wasn't at all upset by what you said I simply didn't agree with it, if we all thought the same the world would be a boring place.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voting for Team 5- up and down the lineup is strong, bench even stronger, even with one of my favorites of all times Raines leading Team 3., SPs a push, surprised really that they aren't very good, team 3 has Henke/Gordon and has the better pen but not good enough to outdo that lineup of Team 5s

Last edited by a moderator:

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have been asked to be the tie breaker and guys no wonder you are dead locked

raines vs coleman raines clearly 2
alomar vs biggio , biggio Push
pucket vs winfield Push
palmero vs murray murray Push
belle vs murphy murphy dominated his peers, belle juiced team 5
dawson vs strawberry dawson clearly the cleaner player but more scared of Strawberry, team 5
wallach vs parrish slightly 2

rotation

if i were to rate rotations i believe endurance has nothing to do with it, team 5

bull pen Henke/Gordon lean the edge in their favor

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have been asked to be the tie breaker and guys no wonder you are dead locked

raines vs coleman raines clearly 2
alomar vs biggio , biggio Push
pucket vs winfield Push
palmero vs murray murray Push
belle vs murphy murphy dominated his peers, belle juiced team 5
dawson vs strawberry dawson clearly the cleaner player but more scared of Strawberry, team 5
wallach vs parrish slightly 2

rotation

if i were to rate rotations i believe endurance has nothing to do with it, team 5

bull pen Henke/Gordon lean the edge in their favor

I stopped at Biggio push

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to verify how wrong you were....even Baseball Reference.com has Alomar ranked #73.........and then Biggio ranked so much further behind him at #74....lol

Just stop, you can't win them all.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bums yer old like me, at least from what you've told me you come across like you are. If that's true you seen both players for their entire careers if you honestly believe Biggio was better I will respect that and say I could not disagree more...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id take Alomar over Biggio. But Id also take Larkin over Ripken, just didn't think a majority of people would. (Bums also took Steib over Tanana on account of CAREER ERA. Franks last years were junkball lousy ones. He was two guys, with two careers.)

Really wanted to accept that trade offer Nos'. But figured you'd come back with a better counter offer at some point.

I also wanted to start Keith Hernandez at first, Murray at DH. But couldn't pass up on the three 9th rounders.

Also wanted to get Tramm and slide Ripken to third. So many things go down in a Mock, fun things.