• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #15 Ole Miss Bears at #2 Alabama Crimson Tide, ESPN 9:15

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't even waste your time on that guy. He never understands basic concepts and will just spin in circles.

He just wants to say shit at people.
Well I think most people see right through you, as you are a big time SEC homer!!!

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no sane way OLE MISS jumps Michigan State, Georgia, Notre Dame, TCU, Baylor, Ohio State, LSU, even UCLA

They probably leap past Clemson, Florida State, and Oregon
If they can stay healthy they can win it all. They still lack on depth and one key injury will be extremely hard to over come.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None.

If we lose again it will be because of crap like tonight. We have a good team, but the coaching is failing them right now.
Hmmm, you're definitely more optimistic than me, though I'd like to be wrong.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but we already know that rankings before Week 3 are little more than throwing crap against a wall to see whether or not it sticks.
Well if the rankings are bullshit this time of year, why does "anyone" waste their time ranking teams?

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the rankings are bullshit this time of year, why does "anyone" waste their time ranking teams?
Good question. My guess is money generated by spin.

But as you've intoned time and again, too many teams (including Bama and Southern Cal) have benefited from early, and undeserved, high rankings.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I like about Division II football is that the polls throughout the season are meaningless. The only rankings that count are the Super-Regional rankings that come out late in the season, which determine the playoffs.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hats off to Ole Miss, but holy crap +5 turnover margin, the luckiest play ever, and you still only win by the skin of your teeth? Bama fought like hell, it's damn hard to win a game when you turn the ball over that much.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I like about Division II football is that the polls throughout the season are meaningless. The only rankings that count are the Super-Regional rankings that come out late in the season, which determine the playoffs.

That's how it is now for FBS right? Coaches and AP poll are meaningless. Committee's poll is the only one that matters.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, you're definitely more optimistic than me, though I'd like to be wrong.

The disfunction of the Alabama offense right now should be 100% directed towards Saban and Kiffin.

They were sharp against Wisconsin. Coker was carving up the crossing routes, was hitting everything.

But Saban not making a fucking decision has fucked with the heads of everyone. At no point in any game has Bateman done anything that suggested he should be the starter. Coker has stepped up in situations time after time and all they do is focus on his bubble screen throwing and a few bad deep balls(and our recievers aren't getting Cooper seperation, so...).

Even tonight Bateman had the same type of stats he's had in other games: 11/47 87 yards. But you see the shit offense on the field. It's the same shit offense that was on the field the other times he had playing time. Coker has been the clear starter since week 1. Hell even before week 1 to be honest.

And all this time they are splitting time with Coker and Bateman and dicking around not spending the type of time you need to spend with your starting QB. And it's showing. Not to mention what they are doing to his confidence and his head.

If it's Kiffin's influence then fuck him, but Saban needs to get his shit together either way and put an end to it. Fucking WR sweeps on 2nd and goal? What the fuck? Who in the hell calls that kind of play basically ever, much less on 2nd and goal. Meanwhile Henry on the next play takes us to the 1, 4th down and we miss the only chance we had in the game to take the lead.

So I 100% believe it's the coaches fucking us. We have had the #1 recruiting class so many years the talent is there. Sure they miss sometimes, but overall we have all the talent we need.

People might say this game should be a wake up call for the team - I think it should be a wake up call to the coaching staff.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how it is now for FBS right? Coaches and AP poll are meaningless. Committee's poll is the only one that matters.
Yeah, but think those polls influence the FBS playoff committee.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hats off to Ole Miss, but holy crap +5 turnover margin, the luckiest play ever, and you still only win by the skin of your teeth? Bama fought like hell, it's damn hard to win a game when you turn the ball over that much.
Yep, but it's still a loss.