• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #15 Ole Miss Bears at #2 Alabama Crimson Tide, ESPN 9:15

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I like about Division II football is that the polls throughout the season are meaningless. The only rankings that count are the Super-Regional rankings that come out late in the season, which determine the playoffs.

Can't really do polls in FCS and lower because not enough people watch and keep track of the games. Most people wouldn't even know where to begin really, maybe a coaches poll could happen.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lineman downfield is just a problem in general with some teams. It happens a lot and sometimes defenders do in fact cause defenders to do such. It would be better off if they went to 1 yard like the NFL with all the other help offenses have gotten lately. That or figure out a better way of enforcing it, because it seems to not be much of a focus in college.

But the rule for what constitutes being behind the line of scrimmage is just terrible. Another thing they should take a look at.

Not the first time someone scored with a penalty not getting called. It sucks, but I don't think that play is the reason we lost, even if it was by less than 7.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. Is it just Coaches?
Think so, though D2.com has one too. They're usually pretty close.

Both are completely meaningless and appear to in no way influence the selection toward the end of the season. Have seen a Top 15 team left out of the playoffs, which includes 24 (or 32, can't recall) teams.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think so, though D2.com has one too. They're usually pretty close.

Both are completely meaningless and appear to in no way influence the selection toward the end of the season. Have seen a Top 15 team left out of the playoffs, which includes 24 (or 32, can't recall) teams.

Yeah I'm just curious as to how they would do the polls because you don't have like the big media like FBS. You really gotta work towards getting information on schools I would think.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm just curious as to how they would do the polls because you don't have like the big media like FBS. You really gotta work towards getting information on schools I would think.
Not sure about FCS, but the D2 community is pretty robust, especially these days when we see ESPN3 covering teams and internet video and audio broadcasts. The poll I posted is an AFCA coaches poll

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news? If there is any.

Perhaps Bama lost some fake fans today. Only thing I take joy in when Oregon loses

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW congrats Ole Miss fans on the board. I was at the game, and it was a classic. Couldn't ever sit down. You guys got a damn good team, and played practically flawless tonight. Still proud of my team for having a chance to win at the end.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i woke up to shock.. not only did Ole Mrs win but in Tuscaloosa AND put up 43 points on the tide!?.. alright bama peeps... WTF?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was about 4 hours and 15 minutes long without going into overtime!

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW congrats Ole Miss fans on the board. I was at the game, and it was a classic. Couldn't ever sit down. You guys got a damn good team, and played practically flawless tonight. Still proud of my team for having a chance to win at the end.
Thanks man, we never stopped believing in ourselves, we just want to take this season one game at a time, and let the good things happen to us. Really proud of our guys, but the real winners are the long-suffering fans who have stuck by this team through thick and thin.

It's a great day to be whatever our mascot is now!

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lineman downfield is just a problem in general with some teams. It happens a lot and sometimes defenders do in fact cause defenders to do such. It would be better off if they went to 1 yard like the NFL with all the other help offenses have gotten lately. That or figure out a better way of enforcing it, because it seems to not be much of a focus in college.

But the rule for what constitutes being behind the line of scrimmage is just terrible. Another thing they should take a look at.

Not the first time someone scored with a penalty not getting called. It sucks, but I don't think that play is the reason we lost, even if it was by less than 7.
Yup, while that sucked, those 5 turnovers sealed the deal. You can't put yourself in those situations and expect to win against a quality opponent.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They beat Auburn, which doesn't mean much right now.

Means more than beating Mid. Tenn. St. Blue Raiders ! :dhd:

Dude, you have Bama at No. 10 even though they have no QB, no secondary and a defense that gave up 43 points at home....

You sir must be a football genius !

Re - Tard, Really !

Rebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celebrated way to much to post last night. Hell of a game, good luck going forward bama fans. Your team fought like hell at the end.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celebrated way to much to post last night. Hell of a game, good luck going forward bama fans. Your team fought like hell at the end.
I don't think I sat down the whole 4+ hours the game lasted. It sucked to lose but that right there is what makes CFB the best sport in the world.