• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10 straight

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soto is for sale, what is the price the M’s should give up without having an extension signed. Not saying it can happen but a player like Soto’s caliber has been Jerry’s wet dream with how many prospects he has plus budget space.

The Nats can have Toro. And if that’s not enough, we can throw in Upton too.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soto is for sale, what is the price the M’s should give up without having an extension signed. Not saying it can happen but a player like Soto’s caliber has been Jerry’s wet dream with how many prospects he has plus budget space.

Go big or go home

Mariners should offer him whatever market price is. They will recoup a $100mil in additional ticket sales over a 5-8yr time frame to justify signing a premiere ballplayer still in his prime, with a solid 5-7 year outlook ( 10yrs - not so much as it is risky )
I realistically see a $200mil 5 yr deal for him or $275mil over 7 yrs. I think that is his market value at this time.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are out of your minds if you thought there was any level of trade that would actually bring Soto here. First of all, I don't think he really wants to leave there. I think he has Boras as his agent and we all know how he plays things. Second, if he did want to leave there is zero chance he would pick a small market team. Our payroll and lack of aggressive management support makes us small.

100% he tells his agent to only take him to a place he can win every year. He would be going to one of the big 4-5 teams. He has basically said as much. He can't stand to lose and wouldn't play for a loser. It doesn't get more loser than Seattle.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are out of your minds if you thought there was any level of trade that would actually bring Soto here. First of all, I don't think he really wants to leave there. I think he has Boras as his agent and we all know how he plays things. Second, if he did want to leave there is zero chance he would pick a small market team. Our payroll and lack of aggressive management support makes us small.

100% he tells his agent to only take him to a place he can win every year. He would be going to one of the big 4-5 teams. He has basically said as much. He can't stand to lose and wouldn't play for a loser. It doesn't get more loser than Seattle.
But doesn’t he have two years left of club control so it doesn’t matter what Boras or he wants

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But doesn’t he have two years left of club control so it doesn’t matter what Boras or he wants
You can't mortgage your entire farm system for a guy that will hate being there and bail in 2 years.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty spot on to even trade for this guys we would have to give up a ton. I do think it wouldnt be as much as you think because the Nationals hands are tied. When you have a star player that just turned down 440 million and has made it known he wants to be a Dodger that eliminates like 90% of teams in the league. We would have to give up 1 high potential prospect a 2-3 solid prospects. I think that was the going rate for Mookie Betts and Francisco Lindor.

Now just like you said this guy wants to play for a winner and get paid a trillion dollars at the same time. I see the Mariners only giving Julio a mega contract and the GM would just have to figure the rest out. Now wanting to go to the Dodgers whom already have the highest team salary in all of baseball already paying Mookie Betts 365 million over 12 years would they be willing to take on a 400 million dollar contract from Soto? It will be interesting to see how this will play out but teams like the Dodgers buying championships would be a problem after a while.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the money, they are going to get a taste the rest of the way as to what income stream is there.

There are already games hard to get seats for.

They can easily make up big contract money with increased fan support.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday nights game against the stros is sold out. It's going to be a packed house to see if they can extend the streak.

And again, Houston has to play a doubleheader the day before against the Yankees.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't mortgage your entire farm system for a guy that will hate being there and bail in 2 years.
I don’t disagree, kind of the question of what would you guys give up. I don’t want for them to give up Marte unless it is for a dude like Soto. And according to all of the experts they got a DSL guy who is projected out as Tatis Jr so I’d prefer them not to give him up either. IMO they need to deal Hancock while he is healthy and a bundle of Hancock, Kelenic, Brash, DeLoach and another prospect is an attractive deal especially if they get one of there gaudy pitchers contracts back. If the M’s stay in contention they are going to run into an issue with Gilbert and Kirby’s innings.

Most likely a pipe dream but it is nice we can even have a topic like this. Trade for Soto and extend JRod then try to extend Soto. Spending 70 million on two guys is kind of nutty unless the front office does what they should for us fans, and that is go into the luxury tax of a decade.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nats can have Toro. And if that’s not enough, we can throw in Upton too.
Might take a little more that. Maybe Toro, Hancock and $500 million would work