• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1) Houston Rockets vs. 2) Golden State Warriors

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A common theme for OKC fans - 100% Durant's fault letting go of a 3-1 lead and 0% Russ'. If the Rockets win this series, I can't see Boston or Cleveland beating them. In a hypothetical situation, that would make two key all stars that played alongside Russ that thrived and won a ship elsewhere. Meanwhile, OKC had an injection of talent this year and they did not better than last year resulting in a 1st round exit. The signs are there, ladies and gents. Some fans just to ignore it because someone stayed "loyal".

It's why the Thunder are never likely to improve on what they have done the last 2 years.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Steph Curry pout like a prepubescent girl might be one of my favorite things about basketball.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My honest opinion right now:

This is Kerr's fault.

The reason I believe it's Kerr's fault is that the team has not adjusted overall to the way the Rockets are overplaying the perimeter. Kerr for some reason has fallen in love with the KD mid post-iso. It's weird. They continually switch for KD to be matched up on someone smaller (which is crazy because he's bigger than everyone anyways). Then they just feed him the ball and hope he does something good with it. While some of it is on Durant for his shot selection, you're basically telling him by running that play that you just need him to put the ball in the basket because you don't trust the rest of the team. That's just flat out stupid.

Look if the Warriors lost because the role players didn't hit their shots, but stayed true to their game that's fine with me. I have no problems if the Rockets end up being the better team in this series if they beat the Warriors at their top game. But right now they've altered their plans based on what the Rockets are doing and I think that's completely stupid.

Kerr hasn't run a single top weave, which is crazy. It was a staple of the Warriors for a long time. It's just to get guys to touch the ball and additional player movement at the top. Also there's a lack of dribble hand-offs and back cuts. Overplaying guys at the perimeter opens up the entire backside of the court.

It's weird. Kerr to me needs to make the adjustments here. The player did get tight at the end of the games, but they shouldn't have been in those positions in the first place.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I'd seen last night's game. Would have loved to see that guy mockingly do that girl dance in Curry's face, and then see Curry's face after the loss.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors win the next 2 and all of this goes away... BUT..

between Draymond's mom's comments, the little pep talk Kerr had with Durant in-game about trusting his teammates and sharing the ball, and the obvious frustration Kerr showed on the sideline a few times last night when KD was holding the ball.... I'm starting to think its possible a real rift could form between KD and the rest of the team.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is Kerr's fault.

The reason I believe it's Kerr's fault is that the team has not adjusted overall to the way the Rockets are overplaying the perimeter. Kerr for some reason has fallen in love with the KD mid post-iso. It's weird. They continually switch for KD to be matched up on someone smaller (which is crazy because he's bigger than everyone anyways). Then they just feed him the ball and hope he does something good with it. While some of it is on Durant for his shot selection, you're basically telling him by running that play that you just need him to put the ball in the basket because you don't trust the rest of the team. That's just flat out stupid.

Look if the Warriors lost because the role players didn't hit their shots, but stayed true to their game that's fine with me. I have no problems if the Rockets end up being the better team in this series if they beat the Warriors at their top game. But right now they've altered their plans based on what the Rockets are doing and I think that's completely stupid.

Kerr hasn't run a single top weave, which is crazy. It was a staple of the Warriors for a long time. It's just to get guys to touch the ball and additional player movement at the top. Also there's a lack of dribble hand-offs and back cuts. Overplaying guys at the perimeter opens up the entire backside of the court.

It's weird. Kerr to me needs to make the adjustments here. The player did get tight at the end of the games, but they shouldn't have been in those positions in the first place.
This is a quality post. Now back to everyone else with "muh KD is a choker, Draymond sucks, Curry sucks"

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I'd seen last night's game. Would have loved to see that guy mockingly do that girl dance in Curry's face, and then see Curry's face after the loss.
"that guy" LOL clownshoes

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not rocket science. Just do whatever you did last year. Go back and watch last year's games. You were moving the ball and ISO plays that run the clock down were few and far between.

A HS Senior could coach this Warriors team to dominate. Theres no excuse for the Warriors offense to be so out of sorts over a year after the fact they have been together.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Kerr's fault...

Good post. I also think they miss ZaZa on offense. (setting picks & passing)

Looney is a lot better guarding on the perimeter -- and ZaZa is basically unplayable because of his defense.

I agree with article I read this morning -- Ws are mimicing Rockets' iso offense for some reason. (I'm sure Kerr isn't encouraging that -- but he hasn't fixed it yet also.)

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And probably game 7 too

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul out of for Game 6 then they are done in 7 because Iggy will be back probably fully healthy and Paul won't since it appears he took a bigger injury