• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1-0

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
28-6 against Temple ...

Yeah ... I'm totally comfortable going undefeated into Ann Arbor with that ...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not great, but it's opening week. I thought Nix and Tuitt looked pretty good, TJ Jones is apparently on the sauce because he looks and performed like an animal, Rees has some iffy throws but for the most part was solid. I also really liked some of the young backs, I think we'll be good in that area. Still don't love the secondary, thought they let up a bunch of plays they had no business letting up. Good teams will exploit that if we don't crackdown on it.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was actually laughable from my expectations with a rookie coach and a baseball pitcher that has never EVER taken a college football snap...

Passing ... 228
Rushing ... 134
Total Offense ... 362 fng yard from this???

Dominating defense my butt ... this team was ill-prepared IMO.

We come out smokin for the first 2 series ... then what? NOTHING. I was on the verge of losing my seat for a good old fashion ND beatdown ... but ... NOOOOO. Things went flat ... it's like this team said YA ... WE BAD ... JUST CASH IT IN FROM HERE ON OUT ... blahhhhhhhhh.

28-6 against a fng Temple? Puhhhleeeezeeeeeeee ...

If we trot on up to Ann Arbor with this tude and play ... God help us!!!

Did the Wolvermeenies take care of biz against an inner-state rival? Oh yes they did against CMU ... 59 pts wasnt it?

We dont stand a chance if a Michigan defense shows up like they did against CMU. Rees and the Irish O got lucky ... thank God for them first two drives, cuz they did ABSOLUTELY nothing after IMO. This team worries me now. Where's that dominating O line everyone was talking about? Where is it???? Michigan will kill us if we dont MAN UP and play ND football. I'm sick of this ... playing down to opponents ... especially when we have their throats beneath our cleats!!!

So, do you think we beat Michigan?

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Ann Arbor ... ??? It's a toss up with me, 7478. I pray to God, Tommy plays well ...

Does that not answer your question?

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe playing in the Big House will wake the boys up!! Hard to get up for Temple.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Ann Arbor ... ??? It's a toss up with me, 7478. I pray to God, Tommy plays well ...

Does that not answer your question?

Well, based on your posts it sounded like you thought we would lose. So at 50/50 you actually think we are better off than Vegas thinks. I'll go a little further, and say that I think we will win.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that it is hard to get up for temple

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if everyone got it out of their system to run down the Irish. Even though we did win.

And yes, we go into Michigan and beat them.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if everyone got it out of their system to run down the Irish. Even though we did win. .....

why do you insist on your position? it's all well and good to have your rose-colored glasses firmly in place but most of us see that first game as an indication of where ND is. why do you feel you have to take on everyone who sees it differently than you?
go ahead and be positive all you want. but what you are doing is running down those who see problems on this team. maybe WE will believe ND is better than we think WHEN we see it! not just because we HOPE for it.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do you insist on your position? it's all well and good to have your rose-colored glasses firmly in place but most of us see that first game as an indication of where ND is. why do you feel you have to take on everyone who sees it differently than you?
go ahead and be positive all you want. but what you are doing is running down those who see problems on this team. maybe WE will believe ND is better than we think WHEN we see it! not just because we HOPE for it.

Ohio State, Florida, and even Alabama didn't look all that good either. Alabama only put up 206 yards of offense I believe.

To panic after a week 1, 22 point win is a bit excessive to me. But if you wish, have at it.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State, Florida, and even Alabama didn't look all that good either. Alabama only put up 206 yards of offense I believe.

To panic after a week 1, 22 point win is a bit excessive to me. But if you wish, have at it.

this will be my last point on this issue. mccarron showed up at the game wearing a boot. he had a slight injury. i'm not concerned about mccarron's ability. i AM concerned about rees's!

va. tech is in the top 30 of every poll i've seen. va.tech is NOT temple!

that you make this feeble comparison tells me you aren't very discerning about the game. you're just a nd fan. fine! let's not waste everyone's time discussing this further ...... K?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this will be my last point on this issue. mccarron showed up at the game wearing a boot. he had a slight injury. i'm not concerned about mccarron's ability. i AM concerned about rees's!

va. tech is in the top 30 of every poll i've seen. va.tech is NOT temple!

that you make this feeble comparison tells me you aren't very discerning about the game. you're just a nd fan. fine! let's not waste everyone's time discussing this further ...... K?

Were the fans that felt that the 2012 team had five losses "chiseled in stone" more discerning fans than those hopeless homers who thought the team would go undefeated in the regular season? I think many fans feel that by predicting a lot of losses, they are being more "realistic" than fans who predict a more optomistic outcome.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were the fans that felt that the 2012 team had five losses "chiseled in stone" more discerning fans than those hopeless homers who thought the team would go undefeated in the regular season? I think many fans feel that by predicting a lot of losses, they are being more "realistic" than fans who predict a more optomistic outcome.

spoken like a true optimist. so for ONE season out of what, the last 15 or so they rise above everyone's predictions so that proves a point? i don't think so. if you really believe predicting an undefeated season last year was 'realistic' then i don't know what else to say.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idseer, why don't you find another board to post on.

Plenty of people hate Notre Dame as it is, we don't need you here doing the same, It's quite annoying.

And why did you only choose Alabama, when I listed 3 teams that also underperformed? Last time I checked, Buffalo and Toledo aren't top 30 in anything. And isn't Alabama suppose to be the greatest team the world has ever seen? According to ESPN. So if that's true, only 206 yards of offense on an unranked team? Not so impressive.

In other words, find another board.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spoken like a true optimist. so for ONE season out of what, the last 15 or so they rise above everyone's predictions so that proves a point? i don't think so. if you really believe predicting an undefeated season last year was 'realistic' then i don't know what else to say.

So your argument is that the people who predicted what ended up as the actual outcome were wrong, and didnt know what they were talking about, while the people who missed the actual outcome by 5 games were much more realistic and knowledgeable in their predictions. So let's just always predict five losses, boy that certainly makes it easy.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idseer, why don't you find another board to post on.

Plenty of people hate Notre Dame as it is, we don't need you here doing the same, It's quite annoying.

And why did you only choose Alabama, when I listed 3 teams that also underperformed? Last time I checked, Buffalo and Toledo aren't top 30 in anything. And isn't Alabama suppose to be the greatest team the world has ever seen? According to ESPN. So if that's true, only 206 yards of offense on an unranked team? Not so impressive.

In other words, find another board.

why don't you take a flying leap?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your argument is that the people who predicted what ended up as the actual outcome were wrong, and didnt know what they were talking about, while the people who missed the actual outcome by 5 games were much more realistic and knowledgeable in their predictions. So let's just always predict five losses, boy that certainly makes it easy.

my case is that even a broken clock is right twice a day. your argument seems to be based on the fact an exception took place last season.
people who predicted an undefeated season (were there any?) were beyond lucky .... not reasonable.

but if you'd rather predict no losses every year (as opposed to those who predict 5) that's your prerogative. personally i try to base my opinions on what i see on the field/sched etc. i see a tougher road to hoe this year with a guy who has been a fabulous flop as a qback for nd and huge losses at rb, rec and mid lb

my point is i have REASONS to doubt this year's team .... and i don't need some bozo (not you) telling me i'm just being negative. is that too much to expect?

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Idseer has every right to post here. In fact I prefer to see honest opinions being posted not just cheerleading. I didn't take as much negative out of the first victory as idseer did but that being said I understand his sentiments. I just think a lot of Irish fans are unrealistic and expect these Brian Kelly teams to simply dominate everyone. Michigan is a very talented team and I will be pleasantly suprised if we win in Ann Arbor but no matter what happens I see a pretty good season regardless. I think this Irish team has a lot of talent too, but I stil am realistic. Plain and simple their first victory made me cheer, I had no inclination to puke like he stated he had. Either way I welcome all views. I don't think he's a hater, saying that is just wrong , he's just a big skeptic. I can handle that over being phony and stating how bad we suck after we lose our first game. We got breaks last year and over the last two or three years lost some top level recruits that probably would have put us at the very top or near it. I don't think we're quite there yet. Win or lose it's not time to panic or celebrate, it's a long season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree bama didn't look good on offense.