• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1-0

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has breaks. Bama got breaks to make it to the championship game. They needed teams to lose and got Lucky OSU couldn't play in the game because truth be told it would of been ND vs OSU for the championship game. Every team gets some breaks. That's just how sports are.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never say someone doesn't have the right to post here, and I have no problem with fans who think we will have a bunch of losses. I just think many feel that as long as they predict a bunch of losses they somehow are being more realistic than those who predict one or two losses. Several fans predicted five ND losses last year, others saw that the defense had a lot of talent, and saw that a lot of our opponents were overrated. Yet regardless of the results, they still feel in their hearts, that their prediction of five losses was based on logic and the ones who predicted one or two losses were hopeless dreamers or cheerleaders. I don't know what our final record will be, but as of now, I honestly don't see any team that we don't match up well against. (I think Stanford is significantly overrated). The bottom line is that Tommy still makes me nervous, but if he can contain the turnovers, I think this can be a really good season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look my Prediction was 9-3 this year because I think the O will have trouble and our D will keep us in games. After week 1 it seems like the O will be fine and the D might have trouble. As of right now we have no clue what kind of ND team we have this year. We just have to wait and see.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure any team that makes it to the championship game generally has probably gotten some breaks down the line. Bama was simple a cut above Notre Dame last year. I thought it going into the championship game and was convinced of it just minutes in. Bama may have had some luck but for the most part didn't need much luck. This year is entirely different, I honestly don't see them repeating after losing so many great players. But does it take some luck to win a title, of course. Michigan is one of the games I predicted we would lose. I won't be shocked if we win but they've recruited well and play the Irish tough as nails in Ann Arbor. To me it's the biggest game of the season. If Notre Dame can win that one I think we have a very big upside. I honestly think Michigan is pretty darned good. Let's face it they had South Carolina all but beat late in the bowl game and the Gamecocks are a damned good team.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look my Prediction was 9-3 this year because I think the O will have trouble and our D will keep us in games. After week 1 it seems like the O will be fine and the D might have trouble. As of right now we have no clue what kind of ND team we have this year. We just have to wait and see.

9-3 huh? Who do you 'predict' we lose those 3 games to???

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now we have no clue what kind of ND team we have this year. We just have to wait and see.

Exactly.

This hits on my original point to not panic after a week 1, 22 point victory. We'll find out more of who we are this week. We'll also see a full playbook, offensively and defensively.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9-3 huh? Who do you 'predict' we lose those 3 games to???

That is my opinion. I see nothing wrong with it. U talk about how bad they will be so why is 9-3 so shocking.

I think they lose to 1 of the Mich games, Oklahoma and stanford.

Im not a big Reese fan and I think he will have 2 bad games and I think the D will slip up once.

If everything goes right it wouldnt shock me if they went 11-1 or 10-2 and I would be happy that I was wrong.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

This hits on my original point to not panic after a week 1, 22 point victory. We'll find out more of who we are this week. We'll also see a full playbook, offensively and defensively.

i guess that what i had (and still have) a problem with is your presumption that i (and others) are panicked. we are panicked because you don't agree with us? somehow our view is messed up and we've lost control of our senses? you calling me (us) panicked would be like me calling you a naive and unrealistic homer.
everytime you try to explain yourself you dig a deeper and deeper hole. why don't you just let it rest?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is my opinion. I see nothing wrong with it. U talk about how bad they will be so why is 9-3 so shocking.

I think they lose to 1 of the Mich games, Oklahoma and stanford.

Im not a big Reese fan and I think he will have 2 bad games and I think the D will slip up once.

If everything goes right it wouldnt shock me if they went 11-1 or 10-2 and I would be happy that I was wrong.

i agree with this with the added suggestion that they will be upset by a seemingly lesser team such as byu, pitt or even asu.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idseer he isnt digging a deeper hole. He is defending himself from criagk. craigk is making it sound like the world is ending for ND. We just won the 1st game of season and we won it by 22pts with playing our starters till the end of the 3rd Q.

End of the world would of been if we lost. I would even say if we won on the last drive.

It was just obvious that we didnt show anything in this game. We were rushing only 3 like 50% of the time and playing deep on coverage.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idseer I agree but can MSU be that lesser team.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idseer I agree but can MSU be that lesser team.

of course ... but you also said lose to ONE of the mich teams. i think they definitely lose to mich, stanford and ok. and it occurs to me i forgot usc. that could be 5 losses right there.

and i really don't think i need to add that i hope i am way off base (just to soothe ChicagoIrish). i hope reese has the best season of his life and that 4 or 5 freshman end up tearing it up and G3 rushes for over 1k. i just highly doubt it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont see 5 L's. Thats a lot for this talented team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma and USC can be had. Both are in our place. There is only 1 def L on this schedule and I think that is Stanford

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idseer he isnt digging a deeper hole. He is defending himself from criagk. craigk is making it sound like the world is ending for ND. We just won the 1st game of season and we won it by 22pts with playing our starters till the end of the 3rd Q.

End of the world would of been if we lost. I would even say if we won on the last drive.

It was just obvious that we didnt show anything in this game. We were rushing only 3 like 50% of the time and playing deep on coverage.

This is freakin comical ... Iddy defending me against me??? LOLLLL Me and Iddy go back a longggg way there bucko ... and trust me ... neither one of us has to defend one against the other. He knows it ... and I know it. Now back to the topic ...

You have rose-colored glasses on (like most Domers) ... I understand that ... but ... after 50+ years of watching this team and especially the last 20 yrs ... I'm not drinkin your kool-aid after what I saw on the field against Temple! Get over yourself and just ... stop it. I still laugh when you call 28-6 a blowout against a team like Temple. Are you serieous? Maybe if you took a girl out ... got her drunk ... and then paid her to go down on you ... then you would know what a blowout was??? Maybe ...

Tell u what Purguy ... u 'predicted' ND would lose this game ... no? Soooo why are you talking soooo much smack about how great our Irish played last Saturday against mighty Temple. Ohhhhh ... the team that played in the Natl Championship game, the year prior, should just get respect ... just cuz ... pleeeeze.

I'll say this ... I pray to God that you're wrong with your prediction and we go into Ann Arbor and beat the pants off of Michigan! You really need to get a grip and come up with some realism ...

GOOOOO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do I have rose color glasses. That doesnt even make sense. Its not like Im saying ND is the best team in the world this year. By saying Im happy with the win makes me a Homer, LOL Now that is some funny stuff.

I never said they played great or called them a great team. That means you are lying to make your opinion matter and that is sad. I feel bad for you. Stick to the facts and learn to read and you will see that most of us are saying that it was a good win for an opening game.

there were positives and negatives. i already posted what I thought they were.

Homer would be someone saying that ND is #1 after temple or someone saying ND will 100% go 12-0.

I like talking and arguing about ND and we all have fun on these boards put to try and call someone out on lies is just wrong and makes you look bad.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part is you say that I said we will lose to Mich. Go check out my prediction on the Pre Game Thread.

Pick one: u first say im a homer and then you bash me about me saying we will go 9-3. 1 thing I will agree with you about is that I hope I am wrong with my overall prediction of season because I always want ND to go 12-0 but that truth is that will never happen. I try to be realist. In a little way all fans have a little homer in us but in my case its very little. I will 100% cheer for my team if we go 12-0 or even if we go 0-12. If you cant respect that then thats on you. I know what kind of fan I am.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do I have rose color glasses. That doesnt even make sense. Its not like Im saying ND is the best team in the world this year. By saying Im happy with the win makes me a Homer, LOL Now that is some funny stuff.

I never said they played great or called them a great team. That means you are lying to make your opinion matter and that is sad. I feel bad for you. Stick to the facts and learn to read and you will see that most of us are saying that it was a good win for an opening game.

there were positives and negatives. i already posted what I thought they were.

Homer would be someone saying that ND is #1 after temple or someone saying ND will 100% go 12-0.

I like talking and arguing about ND and we all have fun on these boards put to try and call someone out on lies is just wrong and makes you look bad.

LOL ... settle down man! I never said that you called them the best team in the world! Sheeeesh. But you with your 'BLOWOUT' talk over Temple just made me laugh. Get over it ... it was freakin Temple for crissake!

We both know this team has a long way to go and if they play like they did (Temple) against Michigan .... Mannnnn ... you do NOT wanna be in my house come Sunday morning!!!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We both agree this team needs to get better. Yes I was happy about a blowout win against a bad temple team. We did it with a simple game plan. Also it was our 1st game of the season, New starting RB, Different QB from the one that helped us take us to a NC for the 1st time in a loooooong time, no top target like we had in the past(I will say I think Jones will be a NFL WR), and playing with out our leader Teo. Also throw in a new starting TE.

With all that going on, thats why I was happy with the win. Starters played 3Q.

I also do agree with you that if we lose this week my wife will see a very upset husband. It takes me some time to get over loses.