• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 07-17-17: Yanks and Sox split series and Dodgers keep on rolling

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally think the Sox pulled the trigger on Panda too soon. But as the saying goes . . . it's not my money.

It is, if you've bought 95,000 tickets

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant speak to what the Nats gave up, maybe someone can

But Madsen and Doolittle would have cured a lot of woes for a lotta contending teams

Luzardo has already had Tommy John, but I guess he's looked good enough for the A's to take him in the deal.

The Nats just locked down the East but they already didn't have much competition. Not sure they would overcome the Dodgers in a possible NLCS, but anything can happen once you're in the playoffs.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has been better since June 1st I believe

If the price is right, his HRs seem to be what they really need

The price won't be right. The Red Sox (if they decide to pull string) will screw it up and give up too much

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally think the Sox pulled the trigger on Panda too soon. But as the saying goes . . . it's not my money.

You honestly thought Panda would turn it around?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The price won't be right. The Red Sox (if they decide to pull string) will screw it up and give up too much

They definitely wont give up Devers, is there anyone else left in the minors you would really be reluctant to deal?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luzardo has already had Tommy John, but I guess he's looked good enough for the A's to take him in the deal.

The Nats just locked down the East but they already didn't have much competition. Not sure they would overcome the Dodgers in a possible NLCS, but anything can happen once you're in the playoffs.

Yeah, and apparently some believe Treinen has a future as a strong arm in the pen

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely wont give up Devers, is there anyone else left in the minors you would really be reluctant to deal?

Not really... But the Red Sox would panic, give him up, give a buttload of money and probably another player.. Just bring up Devers, see what he can do

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Heyman:

"Yankees will end up with David Robertson, and are scouting Todd Frazier as part of the deal"

"White Sox asked the Yankees for Gleyber Torres and Clint Frazier for Quintana, the phone call wasnt long"

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You honestly thought Panda would turn it around?

Not really but a few things:

1) he missed most of last year and hasn't gotten a ton of ABs this year. Thought (assuming he was over his "ear infection") they should give him enough ABs to see if he could at least turn something around and get hot.
2) While his defense is certainly not good, it's not like the Sox have another viable offensive option at 3b that they were worried about losing ABs to Panda. If Lin or Merrero started raking, sure jettison Panda. But they aren't.
3) It's not like Hanley's tearing the cover off the ball so give Panda some ABs at DH and let Hanley continue to heal from his "shoulder problems".

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) he missed most of last year and hasn't gotten a ton of ABs this year. Thought (assuming he was over his "ear infection") they should give him enough ABs to see if he could at least turn something around and get hot.
2) While his defense is certainly not good, it's not like the Sox have another viable offensive option at 3b that they were worried about losing ABs to Panda. If Lin or Merrero started raking, sure jettison Panda. But they aren't.
3) It's not like Hanley's tearing the cover off the ball so give Panda some ABs at DH and let Hanley continue to heal from his "shoulder problems".

Eh... I see what you are saying but there is absolutely nothing imo that could show Panda would be remotely any good compared to everything showing he would suck yet again

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Something behind the scenes there....My hunch is it would be his desire/conditioning that wasnt sitting well at the top

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gets Frazier?

Red Sox or Yankees (because now the Yanks are showing interest)

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something behind the scenes there....My hunch is it would be his desire/conditioning that wasnt sitting well at the top

Problem is, you know he's going to end up on some other team (e.g. maybe Giants) and start hitting well. That's how it goes with the Sox.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, you know he's going to end up on some other team (e.g. maybe Giants) and start hitting well. That's how it goes with the Sox.

Just goes to show you that not everyone can play in Boston. Panda didn't give two sh*ts about playing here and why would he with the money he got

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gets Frazier?

Red Sox or Yankees (because now the Yanks are showing interest)

Yankees only get him if its in that package deal mentioned. Headley sucks but I don't see Frazier as being that much of an improvement. Unless he can play first.

I really hope the sox don't do something stupid for him.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees only get him if its in that package deal mentioned. Headley sucks but I don't see Frazier as being that much of an improvement. Unless he can play first.

I really hope the sox don't do something stupid for him.

I have a bad feeling the Red Sox will do something stupid for him. I don't see why they wouldn't try him at first (Yankees)

AllBettsAreOff

unfathomable pinheadery
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ockimey (even if Travis is playing 1st, he can DH. I'm pretty high on his bat), Groome, Bryan Mata (18 year old from Venezuela that's been very good in A ball so far), maybe Mike Shawaryn (he's putting up some spectacular strikeout rates) Sox need pitching prospects more than anything else right now. Rotation's pretty much locked up for the next few years with Sale/Price/Pomeranz/Porcello/Rodriguez, but most of them will probably be gone by 2020.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, you know he's going to end up on some other team (e.g. maybe Giants) and start hitting well. That's how it goes with the Sox Mets.

Word

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ockimey (even if Travis is playing 1st, he can DH. I'm pretty high on his bat), Groome, Bryan Mata (18 year old from Venezuela that's been very good in A ball so far), maybe Mike Shawaryn (he's putting up some spectacular strikeout rates) Sox need pitching prospects more than anything else right now. Rotation's pretty much locked up for the next few years with Sale/Price/Pomeranz/Porcello/Rodriguez, but most of them will probably be gone by 2020.

Oooh, Hi there new guy