• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chicago White Sox Series review

dumbrabbit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm thinking about writing a review of the team after every series played. I will review a few players per series and then finish with Lloyd and the end of every review. Let's start with Chicago.

One word: Pitching. Our pitching was the best it's ever been this weekend. Only giving up 7 runs the entire 4 game series, when we gave up 8 against a 3-Game Baltimore series? That's a lot of improvement right there, and it speaks volumes about how well our pitching staff has come together.

Last year at this time Wilhelmsen was our closer, and probably the best reliever we had up until this time when he started failing and got sent back to AAA. I think, though, you can give some credit for him failing to Eric Wedge as he seemed to not be interested in managing this team, he didn't seem interested at all in really motivating the players.

Fernando Rodney. Holy hell. THE man. League-leader in Saves. That's all you have to know if you don't know much about him. He's been a really great pitcher this postseason. Yes, he did have a minor letdown last night but he overcame that 9th inning ssetback to win. You only need to win by 1 in baseball to win, and Rodney saved the day for this team.

Austin Jackson. Wow. What a tremendous addition he's been to this lineup. I still can't believe we only gave up Nick Franklin for him. Yes, he can be a great 2B but we already have Cano and Miller who aren't going anywhere soon. We have one of the most legit 1-2-3 top of the order lineup since 2001 when we had Ichiro, Mike Cameron and Edgar Martinez. He he has had an incredible start so far. Yesterday he scored all 4 RBIs. He's batting .278/.333/.306 in 9 games. He's also been pretty decent in defense too.

Dustin Ackley. He did great in the short ATL series and cooled off a bit in the CWS series, going 3-15 with 2 runs in the 8/7 series. Has anyone seen the batting stance difference that I believe Larry Stone posted on twitter? He compared this month's stance to last year's stance and he's changed it dramatically. You can tell Ackley really wants to improve his hitting. I admit I didn't see him much during the CWS series except for the 8/7 game so this is all I know about him.

Lloyd McClendon. I can't really say much about him. He's done a fantastic job with this team. You can tell the chemistry and team bonding he's created with the players. You can really tell that the players enjoy playing for him and they want to win meaningful August and September games. The 13-3 win on 8/7 tells you the difference he's made to this team this year than last year. Previous years you could tell when the team was going to start slumping. This year this team wants to go all the way.

Anyway that's it for the White Sox series. I'll review the Blue Jays series which should be one of the top series of the year in baseball to watch considering both of these teams are fighting for that last wild card series.