• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IT'S OK TO FEEL SORRY FOR YANKEES, BECAUSE THEY'RE NOWHERE CLOSE TO CONTENDING

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which one? Neither came out of that series looking too good.

sox are 4-2 with flaws and will probably win the east

yankees wont finish at .500

god, clay was terrible last night...

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just get the impression that Clay's arm is hanging on by a few strings and some days the strings feel better than other days. Kind of like Pedro at the end...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear you, I'm just saying that the Red Sox barely won that series (of course, barely doesn't mean shit in the standings) and the Yankees did outscore them.

Clay completely shit the bed, which he does have a history of doing vs the Yanks. The guy is all over the place. I liked what BP said about him in their annual:

After eight seasons and 915 total innings pitched in the majors, here's what we can say we know about Buchholz: -\("~)/-. He continues to be one of the game's most frustrating, talented and inconsistent pitchers, and he doubled down on that reputation in 2014. ~~ Buchholz has truly entered the Tyson Zone for pitchers, wherein a two-out, 11-run performance and a perfect game seem equally feasible outcomes every time he toes the rubber. See-saws have fewer ups and downs.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, I'm just saying that the Red Sox barely won that series (of course, barely doesn't mean shit in the standings) and the Yankees did outscore them.

Clay completely shit the bed, which he does have a history of doing vs the Yanks. The guy is all over the place. I liked what BP said about him in their annual:

After eight seasons and 915 total innings pitched in the majors, here's what we can say we know about Buchholz: -\("~)/-. He continues to be one of the game's most frustrating, talented and inconsistent pitchers, and he doubled down on that reputation in 2014. ~~ Buchholz has truly entered the Tyson Zone for pitchers, wherein a two-out, 11-run performance and a perfect game seem equally feasible outcomes every time he toes the rubber. See-saws have fewer ups and downs.

Papi had to restrain Buch to keep him from biting Teix's ear...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, it's worth noting that the Red Sox are a 19-inning-game loss away from being 3-3 and coming off a series loss to the Yankees. Despite the Red Sox having an extremely powerful lineup, the Yankees did outscore them. Again, I know that in the end, all that counts is the record after 162, but I'm not sure I'd be feeling too excited about that 4-2 record.

Speaking of not feeling too excited, how 'bout that Tribe? 12-29 against the Tigers since 2013. . .

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it's worth noting that the Red Sox are a 19-inning-game loss away from being 3-3 and coming off a series loss to the Yankees. Again, I know that in the end, all that counts is the record after 162, but I'm not sure I'd be feeling too excited about that 4-2 record.

Speaking of not feeling too excited, how 'bout that Tribe? 12-29 against the Tigers since 2013. . .

Bosox are not knocking my sox off, either, but I'm at least hopeful that they won't end up in last place again. AL East looks pretty ripe for the taking.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thats about right

its maddening

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it's worth noting that the Red Sox are a 19-inning-game loss away from being 3-3 and coming off a series loss to the Yankees. Despite the Red Sox having an extremely powerful lineup, the Yankees did outscore them. Again, I know that in the end, all that counts is the record after 162, but I'm not sure I'd be feeling too excited about that 4-2 record.

Indians knew how to fight mountain lions, but not tigers.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosox are not knocking my sox off, either, but I'm at least hopeful that they won't end up in last place again. AL East looks pretty ripe for the taking.
difference is the sox offense has the potential to carry that staff

dustys healthy
xanders hitting
hanley
ortiz
napoli (once he gets back to ST form)
rusneys gonna be up in no time

etc

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I would be surprised if the Red Sox finished in the basement again. I would not be shocked if any team from the East won the division, though. I feel the same way about the AL Central, with the exception of the Twins.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dustys healthy
xanders hitting
hanley
ortiz
napoli (once he gets back to ST form)
rusneys gonna be up in no time

etc

I'm seeing a lot of potential for a good offense...but Hanley is pretty good at getting hurt, Papi is getting wicked old, Xander needs to show us that he's learning, etc. I am hopeful but cautious. I hope to hell that Pedey's hands/wrists stay strong, sucked to see him hitting like the midget he looks like instead of the freak he used to be the last couple of seasons.
pedey.png

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't find the Red Sox particularly impressive. They may win the East but probably won't , they simply aren't that good a team. As for the Yanks , they cannot & will not play .500 ball. They don't have enough of anything to get there let alone stay there.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you might be underestimating how shitty that pitching staff is.

The Red Sox have only played six games, three against a team that BP projects to have the worst offense in the majors, and three against a team that you think is so shitty you posted a thread about it. They've given up over 4.8 runs a game. What happens when they start facing even average offensive teams?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you might be underestimating how shitty that pitching staff is.

The Red Sox have only played six games, three against a team that BP projects to have the worst offense in the majors, and three against a team that you think is so shitty posted a thread about it. They've given up over 4.8 runs a game. What happens when they start facing even average offensive teams?
believe me, i know.

i like what ive seen form miley and kelly...big test today for porcello.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seeing a lot of potential for a good offense...but Hanley is pretty good at getting hurt, Papi is getting wicked old, Xander needs to show us that he's learning, etc. I am hopeful but cautious. I hope to hell that Pedey's hands/wrists stay strong, sucked to see him hitting like the midget he looks like instead of the freak he used to be the last couple of seasons.
View attachment 14564

Hahah. That's a funny pic. I think they're going to score a shitton of runs, but when Clay Buchholz is your staff ace, you're also going to give up a shitton of runs.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, did I mention that I fucking hate the Tigers?

I'm out, fellas. Enjoy your days.