• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

zona vs asu

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine a crazed fan running with a knife after an official while storming the court?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
refs didn't have the balls to make the correct call. entertaining game

1) that game was awful. Terrible offense from both sides. TJ made so many bad decisions and nick has hit his annual pac slump.

2) the tech would t have made a difference, because we can't make fts

3) we shit the bed tonight and deserved to lose

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with both. Last week it was spitting on players; this week, it's throwing a piece of what looked like poster board. What's going on at ASU???

Same old shit at asu. They chanted about Steve kerr's dad dying. They are the most classless fans in the world

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) that game was awful. Terrible offense from both sides. TJ made so many bad decisions and nick has hit his annual pac slump.

yep, losing Ashley has affected their chemistry. That's the worst game I've seen out of AZ this season.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why is it a rule? Might as well eliminate the rule entirely.

i agree. the refs as whole are a complete joke imo. they completely favor home teams. they have for as long as i have been watching basketball. conferences don't do anything about it. it is the one thing that i cant stand about college basketball

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU played like shit too. So I guess no one deserved to win. You can't just say UofA played like shit. They both did.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rune, you're right. ASU is not that good of a team, but they definitely aren't bad.

No excuses though. AZ needs to have limited careless turnovers, and hell, with that and making even 65% from the line, AZ wins by 10-15.

But our two glaring weaknesses all year have been turnovers and free throws. So again. I'm happy that they directly cost us the win, so that we can't just continue to ignore them because we win.

Good news is: neither of those two problems are uncorrectable, or have anything to do with another team beating us. It's all on us to improve in those areas. And it's much better that it smacks us in the face now, than in March. Miller has to really focus on those two areas, and maybe it will sink in for the players because we lost to ASU in 2OT, in a game we should have never trailed, and won by double digits. Those guys had better have this game at the front of their minds for the rest of the season, in terms of learning these lessons.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

id take my chances of Johnson making at least 3 out 4. ennis and him have been the most clutch players ive seen all yr

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^This^^^

If AZ sticks to getting it inside they win. But missed free throws and opportunities cost the Wildcats big time.

Tazczewski had a guy on him that is even larger so have to be careful on taking the ball inside. That said, Tazczewski has a good face the basket and shoot from 8 ft shot. That shot was open all night. I can't understand what happened to Johnson, McConnell, and Gordon. It seems like the past month those guys completely lost their shooting skills. A month ago, Nick Johnson looked like a top 10 draft pick, this month he looks like he needs another year in college. IMO, Arizona has lost their way.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, losing Ashley has affected their chemistry. That's the worst game I've seen out of AZ this season.

When you can't space the floor anymore...

That's really all that needs to be said. Losing Ashley was the end of our NC hopes

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU played like shit too. So I guess no one deserved to win. You can't just say UofA played like shit. They both did.

Herb Sendek used to call a time out when he was at NC State and every Wolfpack fan I know cringed each and every time he did it. They always turned the ball over after a TO.:nod:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon is a really, really bad free throw shooter. HIs form is just awful. I don't know if that is correctable anytime soon.

Rest of team probably just in a bit of a shooting slump. Johnson and Tazczewski typically make them.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Az needs to drop out of the top 10. I know they wont, but something needs to light a fire under their asses. Their playing down to other teams levels, and that is unacceptable. Always during the middle of PAC play they hit a wall.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Az needs to drop out of the top 10. I know they wont, but something needs to light a fire under their asses. Their playing down to other teams levels, and that is unacceptable. Always during the middle of PAC play they hit a wall.

road games late in the season are always ugly

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tazczewski had a guy on him that is even larger so have to be careful on taking the ball inside. That said, Tazczewski has a good face the basket and shoot from 8 ft shot. That shot was open all night. I can't understand what happened to Johnson, McConnell, and Gordon. It seems like the past month those guys completely lost their shooting skills. A month ago, Nick Johnson looked like a top 10 draft pick, this month he looks like he needs another year in college. IMO, Arizona has lost their way.

Nick Johnson is the leader of this team. He is the most vocal, and has the most minutes in an AZ jersey of anyone on the court. But each year around this time, he shits the bed. AZ fans have discussed this, and we just can't figure it out. He always pulls it back together by the end of Feb, but for some reason, each of his three years, he looks like fucking garbage.

And the problem is, when he does that as the leader, it puts everyone back on their heals, and their confidence and chemistry look like shit. Losing Ashley right at the same time compounds it, but it really kills AZ's momentum. Look back at what happened last year and it was the same thing for him, but it was actually worse, because it started earlier (with the trip to the LA schools).

He'll bounce back, so I'm not worried. But as a team, we have got to focus on the turnovers and the free throws. Those have been the issues since day one.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you can't space the floor anymore...

That's really all that needs to be said. Losing Ashley was the end of our NC hopes

Losing Ashley hurt for sure with spacing the floor. But I would argue that NJ missing 13 consecutive 3s hurt far more in terms of spacing the floor.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon is a really, really bad free throw shooter. HIs form is just awful. I don't know if that is correctable anytime soon.

Rest of team probably just in a bit of a shooting slump. Johnson and Tazczewski typically make them.

His form isn't even bad, it's just a mental slump.