• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zion!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VigorousVengefulConey-small.gif

Wish this dude would stay over a year but obviously there is no way he will

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
douggie, Are you sure you're not Zion's future agent which you have not told us about with all the press you are giving him? If you're not, I'm sure you would like to be, right?

He is a once in a lifetime phenomenon of an athletic specimen rarely witnessed by basketball fans, and I would be proud as hell to be his professional Ambassador!:nod:

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a once in a lifetime phenomenon of an athletic specimen rarely witnessed by basketball fans, and I would be proud as hell to be his professional Ambassador!:nod:

I totally agree with you!

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with you!

t9etB60f.jpeg

Zion Williamson named National Freshman of the Week; Williamson averaged 24.3 points, 7.7 rebounds, 3.7 assists, 2.7 blocks, and 1.7 steals in victories over Pittsburgh, Georgia Tech and Notre Dame. He posted 25 points, seven rebounds and seven assists against Pitt, and scored a team-best 26 points against the Irish with nine rebounds, four assists and four blocks – just the third 26-9-4-4 effort in Duke history (Williamson has two).

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 197158

Zion Williamson named National Freshman of the Week; Williamson averaged 24.3 points, 7.7 rebounds, 3.7 assists, 2.7 blocks, and 1.7 steals in victories over Pittsburgh, Georgia Tech and Notre Dame. He posted 25 points, seven rebounds and seven assists against Pitt, and scored a team-best 26 points against the Irish with nine rebounds, four assists and four blocks – just the third 26-9-4-4 effort in Duke history (Williamson has two).

Are you ready to put Zion in the class of Michael Jordan yet when it comes to his NBA career?

Once again, I'm just messing with you.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you ready to put Zion in the class of Michael Jordan yet when it comes to his NBA career?

Once again, I'm just messing with you.

When a player sets new records with his play at Duke as a Freshman it's worth watching. He is "special" for sure. He's not Michael Jordan but MJ isn't Zion either. I don't put potential ahead of greatness. I just know he's a special talent.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a player sets new records with his play at Duke as a Freshman it's worth watching. He is "special" for sure. He's not Michael Jordan but MJ isn't Zion either. I don't put potential ahead of greatness. I just know he's a special talent.

And, as I said, I totally agree with you!

And, as I also said, I was just messing with you.

After all, you are the trivial pursuit house champion three years running and I don't question people who are that smart. Zion is indeed a special talent!

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image.png

He plays thru contact so much that if you touch some of these other guys with the same resistance they would just fall down.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other players are saying about him:

What did you think of Zion and how he acted on the court, how he carries himself?

Fact: Zion Williamson has yet to pick up a technical this season. One referee who has worked multiple Duke games this season told Stadium that Williamson “never complains about anything, he just goes out and plays.”

George Blagojevic, Hartford: “He was different than other high-profile players that think they are The Man. He’s quieter. He doesn’t shit-talk. I said something to him and he just smiled back.”

Aamir Simms, Clemson: “I know him off the court and he’s a real humble kid. He’s not a trash-talker, he’s humble and real down to earth. He’s not arrogant on the court, or off the court.”

Jaylen Hoard, Wake Forest: “On the court, he engages with his teammates. Off the court, he’s a regular kid. Humble. Some of the guys that are so highly rated are arrogant, but that’s not him.”

Myles Stephens, Princeton: “He’s a nice kid, no trash talk. He’s passionate about the game, and when he makes a big play, he’ll get hyped. He’s a good kid. In the game, I accidentally elbowed him in the nose and he just continued to play. He didn’t say anything. He’s a super nice kid.”

Jordan Bruner, Yale: “He’s a great kid, a humble kid. I think he’s handled all the media attention pretty well, but he’s always been level-headed.”

Matt Mitchell, San Diego State: “You can tell he’s a great kid, and that he’s fun to be around. He’s a high-character kid whose teammates really feed off him – especially with the energy he brings.”

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other players are saying about him:

What did you think of Zion and how he acted on the court, how he carries himself?

Fact: Zion Williamson has yet to pick up a technical this season. One referee who has worked multiple Duke games this season told Stadium that Williamson “never complains about anything, he just goes out and plays.”

George Blagojevic, Hartford: “He was different than other high-profile players that think they are The Man. He’s quieter. He doesn’t shit-talk. I said something to him and he just smiled back.”

Aamir Simms, Clemson: “I know him off the court and he’s a real humble kid. He’s not a trash-talker, he’s humble and real down to earth. He’s not arrogant on the court, or off the court.”

Jaylen Hoard, Wake Forest: “On the court, he engages with his teammates. Off the court, he’s a regular kid. Humble. Some of the guys that are so highly rated are arrogant, but that’s not him.”

Myles Stephens, Princeton: “He’s a nice kid, no trash talk. He’s passionate about the game, and when he makes a big play, he’ll get hyped. He’s a good kid. In the game, I accidentally elbowed him in the nose and he just continued to play. He didn’t say anything. He’s a super nice kid.”

Jordan Bruner, Yale: “He’s a great kid, a humble kid. I think he’s handled all the media attention pretty well, but he’s always been level-headed.”

Matt Mitchell, San Diego State: “You can tell he’s a great kid, and that he’s fun to be around. He’s a high-character kid whose teammates really feed off him – especially with the energy he brings.”

How about this quote from Roy Williams when he was trying to recruit Zion:

"He is the best I have seen since Michael Jordan."