• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zion Williamson...does Cleveland get the closest thing to Lebron?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it was final say over the roster. Griffin wanted it and Gilbert did not want to give it up--- it why he promoted within a young guy with no experience so he could run roughshod over him.
Deep pockets don't mean much if you don't let your talent do their job. Ask Jerry Jones.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks winning the lottery. Bookmark this

From your mouth to God's ears. Or Buddha, Allah or anyone else who can help us out with this.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barrett again outplays Zion. Barrett again gets way less press.

Barrett will be the #1 pick.
id be fine with Barret, Reddish or Zion...any of the 3

Channing Frye said he actually really likes Reddish and would take him #1 because of his shooting stroke and thats what is big in the NBA nowadays.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more Duke games I watch, the more I become convinced:

1) Barrett
2) Reddish
3) Zion

Zion is a freak. But the other 2 are better basketball players and are high level NBA athletes too. Zion has a lot to learn. There is some real bust potential with him that I don't see with the other 2.

Oh, and the LeBron comparisons are absolutely ludicrous. He looks like a hybrid of Zach Randolph and Blake Griffin to me. He can be a great player, but nowhere near as certain as the other 2, IMO.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oden, Durant, Wall, Griffin and Davis are probably the highest rated prospects since LeBron.

I think Williamson is right there with those guys.

Id rate those guys, as prospects (though I think you have to consider some things about Oden and his body type/injury history) as:

1. Davis
2. Durant
3. Oden
4. Griffin

I dont know if Williamson is as good a prospect as Davis was. That is close. He is without a doubt right up there though.

Barrett and Reddish are actually great prospects. One of the Cavs beat reporters asked Channing Frye who he would take and he said Reddish just because of where the game is going and how shooting is so important.

I obviously think that is a stretch - and woudl without a doubt take Williamson 1, Barrett 2, and Reddish 3.

Williamson is without a doubt a true franchise altering player.

The Cavs do have their secret weapon- Nick Gilbert- to go to the lotto. Lets hope he can pull it out again and get this rebuild super-charged.

If they get Williamson- or even Barrett- this piss-poor season will be well worth it.

Zion isn’t even close to the prospect Davis and Durant were lmfao

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hype you guys are talking about is only reactionary and based off of a handful of games.

Last year, they also said Trae Young was going to be the next Steph Curry and the #1 pick.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i think Zion is the real deal. it might be easy to fall into that default- he is a great athlete but it wont translate- but its just not the case with this guy

his passing is unreal, he can make plays.....his outside shot will take some time to develop but i think it will get there.

Since LeBron- I think AD has been the best prospect, but Williamson is right up there with KD, Oden, Griffin, WAll after that.

Ironically, since there's another thread about him ... Andrew Wiggins was actually, easily IMO, the most hyped prospect since LeBron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically, since there's another thread about him ... Andrew Wiggins was actually, easily IMO, the most hyped prospect since LeBron.

Wiggins was more hyped than some in this list for sure. Griffin and Wall especially.

But Davis was the most hyped, most can't miss player to enter the NBA since LBJ. Maybe not before his college career started, but certainly by its conclusion.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins was more hyped than some in this list for sure. Griffin and Wall especially.

But Davis was the most hyped, most can't miss player to enter the NBA since LBJ. Maybe not before his college career started, but certainly by its conclusion.

After the first year, yes I agree with you.

Personally, I think Zion is an exciting mofo.

Barrett and Reddish are good players too, but there's dozens of dudes who are just like them.

I don't know how much he's going to help his team win, but he'll be fun to watch.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins was big early in the process- i agree- but by the time the draft rolled around Embiid would have easily been the #1 pick if healthy.....there was still a debate about Parker or Wiggins as well.

You are absolutely right in that Wiggins was a HUGE prospect early on but that wore off a ltitle by the time the draft came along.

Davis is def. the #1 guy since LeBron.

After that Griffin and Wall were huuuuuge prospects. KD and Oden as well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins was big early in the process- i agree- but by the time the draft rolled around Embiid would have easily been the #1 pick if healthy.....there was still a debate about Parker or Wiggins as well.

You are absolutely right in that Wiggins was a HUGE prospect early on but that wore off a ltitle by the time the draft came along.

Davis is def. the #1 guy since LeBron.

After that Griffin and Wall were huuuuuge prospects. KD and Oden as well.

The next big NBA prospect could be James Wiseman, Penny just recruited him to Memphis. He has an Anthony Davis body type. Havent seen much him, just highlight videos but the kid is a monster.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2018-11-29_5-54-3.png

Don’t count the Knicks out.
It will be tough but they had a strong showing vs Philly tonight

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2018-11-29_6-2-12.jpeg

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to this day I will never understand how Durant didn't go #1 overall to Portland I was so happy my Sonics drafted him...But then....anyway

I really hope Zion doesn't go to the Cavs or Celtics or Suns. I hope the Knicks or Bulls can land him I think it would be great for the league that those two could use a big time player it is better for the league to have those teams relevant again.

It kills me that the suns have an all star in Booker a future big time star in Ayton and a ton of lottery picks on the team and they still look like they aren't any closer to be relevant