• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zion Williamson...does Cleveland get the closest thing to Lebron?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

Williamson is “the next big thing”. A “can’t miss” prospect.

Traylor was the #6 pick and Baby was damn near Mr Irrevelant. Where is the comparison?
Just thinking of big fat guys LOL

He does appear to be better than those guys

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I take back what I said about Zion, he's kind of a no doubter. Looks good tonight. But it hit me, he's not another LeBron, he's more like another Blake I think...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I take back what I said about Zion, he's kind of a no doubter. Looks good tonight. But it hit me, he's not another LeBron, he's more like another Blake I think...

Blake 2.0 maybe.

The LeBron comps are a reach, IMO. Pretty decent chance Barrett or Reddish end up being better.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake 2.0 maybe.

The LeBron comps are a reach, IMO. Pretty decent chance Barrett or Reddish end up being better.
if the Wiz want to cough up their lotto pick i am pretty sure Dan Gilbert will take a bad salary or two off their hands!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Wiz want to cough up their lotto pick i am pretty sure Dan Gilbert will take a bad salary or two off their hands!

The bad salaries aren't the problem unless you are including Wall in that.

Tell you what, I would deal you Wall and an expiring like Rivers for your unprotected first + JR and either George Hill or TT.

Deal?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tell you what, I would deal you Wall and an expiring like Rivers for your unprotected first + JR and either George Hill or TT.

Deal?
lol

the Wiz's contracts of Wall and Porter are atrocious.....you think you are getting real positive value out of them at THIS point?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake 2.0 maybe.

Maybe Lebron without the court vision/passing. Still has a ways to go even then.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deal?
LOL

Smith has not been bought out because his contract is actually an asset--- ESPECIALLY because his contract is grandfathered in under the old CBA.

His guaranteed portion is a fraction of unguaranteed portion next year. In the new CBA, you can only use the GUARANTEED portion of the contract. Sicne Smith's contract is grandfathered in- teams can use the whole amount- and then cut him.

It makes it a unique asset that the Cavs will try and get a pick for to a team that wants to cut cap space this upcoming summer. Its not an accident that Griffin structured his deal like that either

George Hill actually has a very similar deal- but its even with less guarantees than Smith- and his contract is also unguaranteed to the tune of 1M against 20M

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

the Wiz's contracts of Wall and Porter are atrocious.....you think you are getting real positive value out of them at THIS point?

Are you for real?

Just 2 weeks ago I mentioned a very similar deal possibility with Phoenix and you scoffed at that saying it wasn't close to enough for an "all star PG". Now Wall needs to be a salary dump?

Be consistent at least. Wall's contract is very similar to Love's. Both have injury risk. Wall is the better player and is making a proportionally larger dollar figure. Neither contract is a good one. At least a building team can somewhat easily trade for Wall because his current cap hit is a pretty reasonable number.

Nothing has changed since then except that amid the dysfunction the Wizards have actually won a few games.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Smith has not been bought out because his contract is actually an asset--- ESPECIALLY because his contract is grandfathered in under the old CBA.

His guaranteed portion is a fraction of unguaranteed portion next year. In the new CBA, you can only use the GUARANTEED portion of the contract. Sicne Smith's contract is grandfathered in- teams can use the whole amount- and then cut him.

It makes it a unique asset that the Cavs will try and get a pick for to a team that wants to cut cap space this upcoming summer. Its not an accident that Griffin structured his deal like that either

George Hill actually has a very similar deal- but its even with less guarantees than Smith- and his contract is also unguaranteed to the tune of 1M against 20M

I was trolling you genius.

Because last time I mentioned a wall trade idea you talked about how valuable he was.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you for real?

Just 2 weeks ago I mentioned a very similar deal possibility with Phoenix and you scoffed at that saying it wasn't close to enough for an "all star PG". Now Wall needs to be a salary dump?

Be consistent at least. Wall's contract is very similar to Love's. Both have injury risk. Wall is the better player and is making a proportionally larger dollar figure. Neither contract is a good one. At least a building team can somewhat easily trade for Wall because his current cap hit is a pretty reasonable number.

Nothing has changed since then except that amid the dysfunction the Wizards have actually won a few games.
i didnt realize Wall's contract has not even kicked in yet...and since then i have read more about his health issues

that would seriously worry me- he has FOUR more years after this.

A guy with health issues that relies on athleticism making like 40M per year........

Plus- i think if the Wiz were smart they would wait until the offseason to deal him anyway

asi said with Kevin love----- teams have dreams of Kawhi Leonard and Jimmy Butler and Kyrie Irving etc. right now---- there are way more max spots out there than there are players.

At the end of the FA game of muscial chairs- plenty of teams that thought they had a shot at players will be left in the cold--- they will then look to the trade market.

A team like Brooklyn that has (maybe crazy) ideas of signing like Kawhi or whatever- when they miss out- they will look towards a plan B.

That is when Wall might be able to get dealt.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never liked comparisons like this, basketball or football. It's impossible to predict what a CBB player will do @ the next level. There are plenty of examples. Like Danny Ferry will be the next Larry Bird.:pound: And I think it's unfair to the college kid that's yet to play a game @ the next level to be compared to an all time great. Kind of setting the future NBAer up for a bit of failure if he falls short of that expectation.

But stuff like this has been going on for decades & it won't change anytime soon.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Sounds like you have a good GM there in Griffin. Maybe he can help turn things around.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt realize Wall's contract has not even kicked in yet...and since then i have read more about his health issues

that would seriously worry me- he has FOUR more years after this.

A guy with health issues that relies on athleticism making like 40M per year........

Plus- i think if the Wiz were smart they would wait until the offseason to deal him anyway

asi said with Kevin love----- teams have dreams of Kawhi Leonard and Jimmy Butler and Kyrie Irving etc. right now---- there are way more max spots out there than there are players.

At the end of the FA game of muscial chairs- plenty of teams that thought they had a shot at players will be left in the cold--- they will then look to the trade market.

A team like Brooklyn that has (maybe crazy) ideas of signing like Kawhi or whatever- when they miss out- they will look towards a plan B.

That is when Wall might be able to get dealt.

Is this your way of admitting you were wrong?

Closest I have ever seen from you anyway.

So about Javale McGee....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. What was the issue there, just money?
i think it was final say over the roster. Griffin wanted it and Gilbert did not want to give it up--- it why he promoted within a young guy with no experience so he could run roughshod over him.