• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zeke's suspension reinstated

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they do. It either needs to be a single back or RBBC to put up Zeke's type of numbers or close to it. The Cowboys are built on ball control. A major component of their success is time of possession. They led the NFL in that last year. They have to stay on the field because their defense is just bad.

I'll agree with this. But I think the committee approach can work because they have the bodies and they have the OL.

Morris is MORE than capable.....don't know where this "he's done" thought comes from, cause it's not in his numbers. I'm not a big fan of McFadden but he's serviceable, and Rod Smart isn't half bad either. You give any of them a hole and they'll make you pay.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree with this. But I think the committee approach can work because they have the bodies and they have the OL.

Morris is MORE than capable.....don't know where this "he's done" thought comes from, cause it's not in his numbers. I'm not a big fan of McFadden but he's serviceable, and Rod Smart isn't half bad either. You give any of them a hole and they'll make you pay.

Zeke IMO is the most complete back in the NFL. Very few RB's are good at all three phases (Run, Catch, Block) and that is why he makes the Cowboys so hard to defend against. He can do it all. I think that is irreplaceable. Dak played 2016 in easy mode with cheat codes. Now don't get me wrong he is going to be a stud but this year he is going to have to do more than he did last year. So some learning bumps are to be expected. I think he has the ability to do it but the defense is going to be on the field more and that is what I believe is the Cowboys kryptonite.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke IMO is the most complete back in the NFL. Very few RB's are good at all three phases (Run, Catch, Block) and that is why he makes the Cowboys so hard to defend against. He can do it all. I think that is irreplaceable. Dak played 2016 in easy mode with cheat codes. Now don't get me wrong he is going to be a stud but this year he is going to have to do more than he did last year. So some learning bumps are to be expected. I think he has the ability to do it but the defense is going to be on the field more and that is what I believe is the Cowboys kryptonite.

Absolutely. But I think they can keep the offense running with what they have.

Cole being out will be the biggest issue with the offense, passing wise. He's pretty much uncoverable in the slot and gets open routinely.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard Dallas was rumored to be looking to trade for Demarco Murray. I had him in my money Fantasy league. Would have been great for my team. But Zeek is special. The best line coupled with the best RB.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. But I think they can keep the offense running with what they have.

Cole being out will be the biggest issue with the offense, passing wise. He's pretty much uncoverable in the slot and gets open routinely.

He had a great year last year but all his other years were mediocre. He has like 100 and something yards in 8 games.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they do. It either needs to be a single back or RBBC to put up Zeke's type of numbers or close to it. The Cowboys are built on ball control. A major component of their success is time of possession. They led the NFL in that last year. They have to stay on the field because their defense is just bad.

Surprisingly...the Cowboys look very much like they did in Aikman's early years on OFC...OL, Emmit.

I understand DAL is not going to change their style of play and put 35+ pass on Dak unless the game dictates it.
What I am saying is I don't think they will fall apart without Zeke as long as the DEF has to respect the run.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whereas every other owner says "ask the coach" ours feels the need to look like he is in charge.

Alfred Morris - RB - Cowboys
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Alfred Morris will be the No. 1 running back while Ezekiel Elliott is suspended.

It makes sense considering Morris has been active ahead of Darren McFadden to this point in the season, but Jones did say both McFadden and Rod Smith will have roles. Morris is the best bet of the bunch, but McFadden is worth a speculative add in all leagues as well while Smith is worth a look in deep formats.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whereas every other owner says "ask the coach" ours feels the need to look like he is in charge.

Alfred Morris - RB - Cowboys
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Alfred Morris will be the No. 1 running back while Ezekiel Elliott is suspended.

It makes sense considering Morris has been active ahead of Darren McFadden to this point in the season, but Jones did say both McFadden and Rod Smith will have roles. Morris is the best bet of the bunch, but McFadden is worth a speculative add in all leagues as well while Smith is worth a look in deep formats.

I think the Wildcard for the Cowboys will end up being Rod Smith, I wont be shocked if he emerges as a very important player for the Cowboys

Alfred Morris is a retired player wearing a uniform, he has been finished for years

Mcfadden is the best talent on the roster at RB but for some reason the Cowboys hate him

Smith is my sneaky important guy on that team

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys don't hate McFadden. He has poor vision and basically one cut in him per run. When he runs hard (which isn't always) he usually does well but he leaves yards on the field. If you watch Zeke, often when the announcers make the "he wasn't even touched for 7 yards" comment it's on a run where he sees that there is no hole and finds a different one. But everyone assumes it was just great blocking. No one expects McFadden to be Zeke, but he just doesn't do this and a lot of the Cowboys run plays require this when the whole line kind of pushes one way and a TE and/or pulling OL is responsible for kicking out the last guy(s) on the far side. A lot of times the line gets the movement but if one guy doesn't, where the hole is shifts a little bit. McFadden has trouble adjusting.

The Cowboys will go with the hot hand. Right now there is little doubt that Morris will get the first shot to be atop the depth chart. But all 3 will get their chances. Whomever plays best will get the carries and that may even change in practice before next weeks game. Smith has just as good of a shot as the other 2.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys don't hate McFadden. He has poor vision and basically one cut in him per run. When he runs hard (which isn't always) he usually does well but he leaves yards on the field. If you watch Zeke, often when the announcers make the "he wasn't even touched for 7 yards" comment it's on a run where he sees that there is no hole and finds a different one. But everyone assumes it was just great blocking. No one expects McFadden to be Zeke, but he just doesn't do this and a lot of the Cowboys run plays require this when the whole line kind of pushes one way and a TE and/or pulling OL is responsible for kicking out the last guy(s) on the far side. A lot of times the line gets the movement but if one guy doesn't, where the hole is shifts a little bit. McFadden has trouble adjusting.

The Cowboys will go with the hot hand. Right now there is little doubt that Morris will get the first shot to be atop the depth chart. But all 3 will get their chances. Whomever plays best will get the carries and that may even change in practice before next weeks game. Smith has just as good of a shot as the other 2.

Tell me about Smith (for fantasy purposes), is he a guy that can be a sleeper for them?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me about Smith (for fantasy purposes), is he a guy that can be a sleeper for them?
I think Smith gets the majority of the short yard and redzone touches. IMO his fantasy value is in TDs.
My take on McFadden is I believe his being inactive all season is more about Zekes pending suspension rather than the depth chart. I think he'll get the most carries in Zekes absence. Won't be surprised if Morris or Smith take that roll though. Fantasy wise the Dallas RB situation is a dice role.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Smith gets the majority of the short yard and redzone touches. IMO his fantasy value is in TDs.
My take on McFadden is I believe his being inactive all season is more about Zekes pending suspension rather than the depth chart. I think he'll get the most carries in Zekes absence. Won't be surprised if Morris or Smith take that roll though. Fantasy wise the Dallas RB situation is a dice role.

Bye week killing me
I have Mac but would rather not use him
May take a flier on Smith, that desperate

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye week killing me
I have Mac but would rather not use him
May take a flier on Smith, that desperate
Is Collins from Balt available for you. He might be a safer option than the question marks in Dallas. I'd wait a week before starting a Dallas back if possible.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Collins from Balt available for you. He might be a safer option than the question marks in Dallas. I'd wait a week before starting a Dallas back if possible.

Naaah, No Collins, i even lost my blind bid on Drake from miami

Its really bad, I had to pick up Booker on Denver....

First place, and first in points, which is big $$$$

But now I lost Zeke, I have Freeman questionable, and some real shitty options

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naaah, No Collins, i even lost my blind bid on Drake from miami

Its really bad, I had to pick up Booker on Denver....

First place, and first in points, which is big $$$$

But now I lost Zeke, I have Freeman questionable, and some real shitty options
You might be screwed. Of course you being a Yankee and Giants fan I'm ok with this.
If I were to roll the dice I'd go McFadden.
G/L :suds:

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morris can carry the load for 6 weeks.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morris can carry the load for 6 weeks.

751 yards in his last 16 game season in 2014

Cant imagine he is actually getting better with age

I think he is 3rd on the depth chart within 3 weeks

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your comments pinpoint why I think the Cowboys will struggle. ie....the defense will be on the field more.

Zeke is a special kind of back. He is a bigger, stronger, faster Emmitt Smith. That is just insane. To be that powerful, fast and smart as a RB. Most RB's specialize and are very good at running. Zeke is different. He is great at all three phases for a running back. Teams could load 8 in the box and he will still find the hole that gets him though. No one on the Cowboys can even remotely do that.....then again.....that is probably the same for all of the NFL.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your comments pinpoint why I think the Cowboys will struggle. ie....the defense will be on the field more.

Zeke is a special kind of back. He is a bigger, stronger, faster Emmitt Smith. That is just insane. To be that powerful, fast and smart as a RB. Most RB's specialize and are very good at running. Zeke is different. He is great at all three phases for a running back. Teams could load 8 in the box and he will still find the hole that gets him though. No one on the Cowboys can even remotely do that.....then again.....that is probably the same for all of the NFL.
They certainly will have a tougher time of it without Zeke than with him, but...next man up...If you can't win enough without a RB to stay in contention you have no shot to advance anyway:2cents: