• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Zeke Who" says Jerry Jones

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that past performance on power rankings predicts future results, but what was the last year that you think the preseason favorite to win the NFC East actually did. Probably 10 years or so? I don't get hung up on other people's opinions especially when they are idiot media people that have proven to not know shit and especially when they are former players. I don't understand why you always point to internet opinion pieces as fact or meaningful to claim a win in a discussion..

IMO Philly SHOULD be the preseason favorite on paper and the betting favorite. But, if Dallas has health and Zeke is back I feel confident that they will win the East. Without Zeke and with health I think they still may win it. YMMV

Normally I’d accept your point but Ford said Dallas will easily run away with the division because the rest of the teams are bad. I use opinions from “so called” experts because they spend their lives studying football, I don’t. Some are awful, some are OK and some are great. Seems like a rational way to support your opinion.
And the truth is I didn’t use it to support my opinion I used it to deny his that every team is bad except Dallas.
My opinion is Dallas and Philly both could be top 5 teams. I think they are both really good teams in uniquely different ways.
Now that I sit and type more... what do you think would happen around here if I posted “Philly is the easy winner of the division cause Dallas, NY and DC suck”

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I’d accept your point but Ford said Dallas will easily run away with the division because the rest of the teams are bad. I use opinions from “so called” experts because they spend their lives studying football, I don’t. Some are awful, some are OK and some are great. Seems like a rational way to support your opinion.
And the truth is I didn’t use it to support my opinion I used it to deny his that every team is bad except Dallas.
My opinion is Dallas and Philly both could be top 5 teams. I think they are both really good teams in uniquely different ways.
Now that I sit and type more... what do you think would happen around here if I posted “Philly is the easy winner of the division cause Dallas, NY and DC suck
You would get applauded and told how wonderful of a person you are and that you are welcome to your opinion and that we all love you...:D

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if I were either side I'd want to make it very simple: fully guarantee all contracts at signing like baseball does. Players are happy. To even that out for the owners, the penalties for not showing up for mandatory camp/practice/games is the remaining contract becomes non-guaranteed and for breaking the contract the entire season salary is forfeited along with pro-rated signing bonus.

The players get an ironclad money contract to plan their life around at signing and all they have to do is make sure they are either where they are supposed to be or in contact with the team to have permission if they are away. You know, like normal adults act in their place of work. Owners will hate fully guaranteeing money at first, but eventually they will grow to love it as they start giving out realistic contracts and not these "5/150M" contracts that really are year to year deals that offer no long term security for the players. The owners will have to regulate themselves. Maybe put in some NBA like "out provision" where every season a single contract can be terminated and the remaining cost stretched over a period of time, strictly for cap purposes.

Players have just fired Troy Vincent and hired Fordman as their rep!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But your opinion is gold and EVERYONE else’s is wrong. Gotcha

Not everyone else is wrong, just the guys you read. Like when I told you this time last year that the Eagles wouldn't win the NFCE again and you told me about how ESPN says I'm wrong.

Well...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I sit and type more... what do you think would happen around here if I posted “Philly is the easy winner of the division cause Dallas, NY and DC suck”

And I stand by my statement. I would think over the past few years I think my track record speaks for itself. Other than Wentz not having arm issues yet (playing 3 monhts a year probably helping that) I've been right just about every time as far as it goes between Dallas and Philly. This time last year you were quoting those "so called" experts and I ended up being right when Philly did NOT win the NFCE.

If you wrote that I'd just recall all the other times you have been wrong :dhd:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everyone else is wrong, just the guys you read. Like when I told you this time last year that the Eagles wouldn't win the NFCE again and you told me about how ESPN says I'm wrong.

Well...

Well there’s a difference between predicting Dallas to win the division and saying the Eagles, Skins and Giants are all bad teams. Most everyone is predicting Philly to be a top 6 team in the entire league. I don’t remember saying you were wrong because I know the immense amount of talent Dallas has. I have no issue with you predicting Dallas to win the division yet again. My issue is you saying Philly is bad and Dallas will run away with the division

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But since we're talking about predictions on the Internet...

upload_2019-8-21_16-15-11.png