• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Zeke Who" says Jerry Jones

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny reading posts by Eagles fans criticizing Jerry for doing the right thing.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't see it any other way. Obviously it was a joke but it was a terribly stupid thing to say to a player who has shown to be a head case, this won't help matters at all.
It was said in jest, It wasn't stupid or irresponsible.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: So...let's focus on this for a second. Normally if a player does something really bad, the worst discipline they can get is to be cut or fined, right?

Clearly Dallas could cut him if they (they won't) and you are saying yourself they can fine him. What worse discipline is there? I get that it is semantics, but if Dallas wanted to pay Zeke while he sits out, they could. If Dallas wanted to decide not to fine Zeke while he sits out, they could do that too. So, if they fine him, isn't that basically discipline?

Just saw this.

My post was in response only to a player not showing up not for anything else. So if I am understanding the rule correctly the only recourse a team has for a player that does not report is to fine them. They cannot punish them any other way for that. So in that instance they fine them and obviously not give them game checks or they can just cut them which the owners have the right to do for any reason.

The part you bolded even talks about a player not showing up and what the team is allowed. Nothing about other bad behaviors.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny reading posts by Eagles fans criticizing Jerry for doing the right thing.

I personally hope Jerry tells Zeke to fuck off and sits the entire season. That would really fuck the Cowboys season up.

I am not on either side. I can see the argument on both sides. When I make points about Zeke more people are responding. When I say the Cowboys are within their rights to force him to honor his current deal......*crickets*

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this.

My post was in response only to a player not showing up not for anything else. So if I am understanding the rule correctly the only recourse a team has for a player that does not report is to fine them. They cannot punish them any other way for that. So in that instance they fine them and obviously not give them game checks or they can just cut them which the owners have the right to do for any reason.

The part you bolded even talks about a player not showing up and what the team is allowed. Nothing about other bad behaviors.
Read what I wrote again. You said they can't discipline them. What I'm saying is that the fine basically is discipline.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking stupid for you to keep saying it then.

No, it’s really not. Have no idea why you are so angry. Just seems completely fair but I’m not one of these “fucking stupid” people who think rich people have all the day and we should bow down because society helped them become billionaires

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it’s really not. Have no idea why you are so angry. Just seems completely fair but I’m not one of these “fucking stupid” people who think rich people have all the day and we should bow down because society helped them become billionaires
Hmmm...did I miss where that came up in this discussion??? :scratch:

Plus I think Zeke is part of the 1 percenters too here, no?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...did I miss where that came up in this discussion??? :scratch:

Plus I think Zeke is part of the 1 percenters too here, no?

It wasn’t directed at you, it was what someone else said so it wouldn’t make sense from your perspective.
I’ve just found it funny how soooo many of us are pro what ever the billionaire says or expects even though 99.99% of us aren’t billionaires. You hear the same thing with taxing billionaires. “It’s so unfair they have to pay a higher percentage of taxes”. I have zero concern for the hardships billionaires have because at the end of the day they make more in interest of their money in a day then most make in a year but people fight vigorously to make life fair for the poor poor billionaires.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn’t directed at you, it was what someone else said so it wouldn’t make sense from your perspective.
I’ve just found it funny how soooo many of us are pro what ever the billionaire says or expects even though 99.99% of us aren’t billionaires. You hear the same thing with taxing billionaires. “It’s so unfair they have to pay a higher percentage of taxes”. I have zero concern for the hardships billionaires have because at the end of the day they make more in interest of their money in a day then most make in a year but people fight vigorously to make life fair for the poor poor billionaires.
It's not a billionaire thing though. I don't care about Jerry Jones' pocketbook.
In a cap world we talk cap dollars not real dollars. If Jerry could pay Zeke $20M per year to wash his car and $1M per year to play Football, I'm onboard!!!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a billionaire thing though. I don't care about Jerry Jones' pocketbook.
In a cap world we talk cap dollars not real dollars. If Jerry could pay Zeke $20M per year to wash his car and $1M per year to play Football, I'm onboard!!!
giphy.gif

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. But that’s not who I’m speaking too. I’m speaking to the people who think, “How dare you question the motives or beliefs of a billionaire”.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...let's focus on this for a second. Normally if a player does something really bad, the worst discipline they can get is to be cut or fined, right?

If the player breaches the contract they can be forced to pay back money they have already received(signing bonuses/contract restructures)

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not angry in the least. You are fucking stupid for saying the same stupid thing over and over again. Legally the owners pay exactly what they have too. You want to say they don't honor contracts. Which one is right, me or you?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally hope Jerry tells Zeke to fuck off and sits the entire season. That would really fuck the Cowboys season up.

I am not on either side. I can see the argument on both sides. When I make points about Zeke more people are responding. When I say the Cowboys are within their rights to force him to honor his current deal......*crickets*

Zeke could sit and we would still win the East. That's how weak the rest of y'all are.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do the billionaires have to do with this? This is a salary cap issue, not a billionaires issue. The more Zeke takes the less the rest of the team gets.
People are wanting their team to have the best players, not routing for the billionaires.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:ninja:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not angry in the least. You are fucking stupid for saying the same stupid thing over and over again. Legally the owners pay exactly what they have too. You want to say they don't honor contracts. Which one is right, me or you?

I keep saying it and saying it because to you it’s entertainment and fun. To the athletes it’s a business where they accumulate as much as they can while they can. The contracts were signed by both parties and it’s not guaranteed. So the owners have the right to tear the contract up and throw it in the trash if it serves them better. I have absolutely no issue with the players doing the same thing especially in Zekes case where he’s like, “Hmmmm, I wonder if they give me 400 plus carries a year and trash my body and then spit me out with never giving me my 2nd deal” which is a crucial deal with football players. Zeke is trying to maximize his monies and so is Jerry. It’s business. Nothing wrong at all with protecting yourself and maximizing your earnings. Your only issue is you don’t give 2 shits whether Zeke gets paid or not. You just want him to bring you a SB. Well he’s not worried about you. He’s worried about maximizing his one in a million talent.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Philly fans have a difficult time understanding this thing called the cap.