• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yu Darvish

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would suck for Perez. Other than a couple of extra runs allowed and fewer strikeouts, his stats are on par with Hamels.

It's not so much a matter of a demotion as an embarrassment of riches. He has shown he needs to work on a couple things and having some starts in Round Rock to fine tune his game could be greatly beneficial for him. People forget how young he is. If he understands that this is not a demotion and that he will be called upon again this season (which I think he will) he will see it as an opportunity. If I'm pitching like Perez is and I realize the depth we have in the rotation (quite the anomaly for us btw) I'm actually pretty pumped because I know we've got the horses at lease as far as pitching goes to win the whole damn thing, and being a part of that gets me all kinds of fired up.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not so much a matter of a demotion as an embarrassment of riches. He has shown he needs to work on a couple things and having some starts in Round Rock to fine tune his game could be greatly beneficial for him. People forget how young he is. If he understands that this is not a demotion and that he will be called upon again this season (which I think he will) he will see it as an opportunity. If I'm pitching like Perez is and I realize the depth we have in the rotation (quite the anomaly for us btw) I'm actually pretty pumped because I know we've got the horses at lease as far as pitching goes to win the whole damn thing, and being a part of that gets me all kinds of fired up.

Is this the last year on Darvish's contract or does he have another?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hoping to get an extension done before then

Yeah, but I'd imagine we'll have to shed some salary to make that happen.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I'd imagine we'll have to shed some salary to make that happen.

Yeah I mentioned that a couple weeks ago, and I don't think Choo is the one they should move at this time. That said I don't know how you move Fielder if you can at all, and so far EA is making it hard to move him as well. The ownership may just have to buck up and expand their budget, with the idea that the team w Yu has the best chance at winning a WS.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I mentioned that a couple weeks ago, and I don't think Choo is the one they should move at this time. That said I don't know how you move Fielder if you can at all, and so far EA is making it hard to move him as well. The ownership may just have to buck up and expand their budget, with the idea that the team w Yu has the best chance at winning a WS.

Choo might actually be our best option if we believe Rua can take over LF which I'm beginning to think is a real possibility. Plus he's a RH bat with pop which we definitely need.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo might actually be our best option if we believe Rua can take over LF which I'm beginning to think is a real possibility. Plus he's a RH bat with pop which we definitely need.

Could be the only option? Even then you have to find a partner, but its more likely you find a taker for Choo, rather than Prince at this stage

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So far? Andrus is actually playing really good baseball so far, not to mention he's usually shown himself to about a 10 million a year SS, maybe not always 15 million, but usually 10+ for sure (2014 being the exception)

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what I was saying, Elvis is making it hard at this point to keep remembering him as the goat. EA has been playing good baseball lately, therefore some of the trade Andrus and let Profar play SS, has quieted. Especially after the uproar from the 3 error inning that ended last year, had built some steam. Though nothing was likely to happen until Juri had proven he was ready to return and be a productive ML SS. Still don't know how/whos $ would have to go to re-sign Yu, thats why I said ownership should just open the wallet. Easy for me to spend their money, I know