• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yu Darvish has been traded to the Dodgers

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop trying to change the argument. The argument wasn't that the rangers got the best deal available. It was that they were lucky to get what they did. That would suggest that the dodgers over paid above what would be considered a fair return to get him. It's not that complicated. A fair return at best is not a lucky return. Can't believe I have to explain this to you.
Move on idiot!!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move on idiot!!

Thanks for proving my point. That's all you got because you know you've just been proven wrong. But add a few more !!!! Maybe that will make people believe you didn't just get made out to be a fool.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly, you don't......because you're backtracking when everybody was saying you were off.
If you think I'm backing, then I will re-post my original post, where I said in comment #18:

"Actually you are lucky to get anything for Darvish. Isn't he a free agent at the end of the season"?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for proving my point. That's all you got because you know you've just been proven wrong. But add a few more !!!! Maybe that will make people believe you didn't just get made out to be a fool.
This is my original comment #18:

"Actually you are lucky to get anything for Darvish. Isn't he a free agent at the end of the season"?

I stand by that comment!!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think I'm backing, then I will re-post my original post, where I said in comment #18:

They weren't LUCKY at all.....pending FA's in MLB get traded for good returns all the time.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Dodgers are without Kershaw and needed to bolster their pitching so it was a smart move and means they are the favorites to represent the NL in the WS. That's why they traded some prospects for him.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't LUCKY at all.....pending FA's in MLB get traded for good returns all the time.
Fair enough, let's move on. My intent was to say that if the Ranger's held onto Darvish, then he would probably go free agent, then the Ranger's probably wouldn't have gotten anything for him.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But according to some Texas fans the Ranger's didn't get a "good return" for Darvish, a free agent at the end of the season?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf is going on in here lol

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my original comment #18:

I stand by that comment!!

Which makes you look like an even bigger moron.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But according to some Texas fans the Ranger's didn't get a "good return" for Darvish, a free agent at the end of the season?

That's not the argument here and you know it.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not the argument here and you know it.
:L Read your comment #11, where you said:

"Rangers fans feel a little underwhelmed".

Or comment #15, where you said.

"Yes. Pleased to get him. Dissapointed to only get their #8 pitching prospect".

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Read your comment #11, where you said:

"Rangers fans feel a little underwhelmed".

Or comment #15, where you said.

"Yes. Pleased to get him. Dissapointed to only get their #8 pitching prospect".

So what?? Jesus dude. This thing was done and you brought the defibrillator back to it. You said the rangers were lucky to get ANYTHING for him. That's the stupid statement you made. Stop trying to change the argument. They were not lucky to get ANYTHING for him. Pending FA pitchers especially top tier ones bring back good returns every year. That's the argument. Stop trying to change it

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what?? Jesus dude. This thing was done and you brought the defibrillator back to it. You said the rangers were lucky to get ANYTHING for him. That's the stupid statement you made. Stop trying to change the argument. They were not lucky to get ANYTHING for him. Pending FA pitchers especially top tier ones bring back good returns every year. That's the argument. Stop trying to change it
You dumb fuck. Yes the Ranger's were lucky to get anything for Darvish . If the Ranger's would have held onto to him, they would have gotten nothing in return, had he went free agent. What is so fucking hard about that for you to understand?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dumb fuck. Yes the Ranger's were lucky to get anything for Darvish . If the Ranger's would have held onto to him, they would have gotten nothing in return, had he went free agent. What is so fucking hard about that for you to understand?

No moron they weren't lucky to get anything for him. If the dodgers hadn't given what they did someone else would've offered prospects. There was a market that clearly exceeded the compensatory pick they would've received. The dodgers were not the only team the rangers were dealing with. It wasn't the dodgers or nothing. Ergo, they were not lucky to get ANYTHING YOU MORON. Shut the fuck up and let it go. You're wrong. Drop it.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No moron they weren't lucky to get anything for him. If the dodgers hadn't given what they did someone else would've offered prospects. There was a market that clearly exceeded the compensatory pick they would've received. The dodgers were not the only team the rangers were dealing with. It wasn't the dodgers or nothing. Ergo, they were not lucky to get ANYTHING YOU MORON. Shut the fuck up and let it go. You're wrong. Drop it.
You do understand that the trade for Darvish was made right at the deadline, don't you. If you think there were other teams that were offering more than the Dodgers at the "deadline", then okay. Let's put it this way, the Dodgers got the pitcher they wanted and Texas got players in returns. Good luck to both teams.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do understand that the trade for Darvish was made right at the deadline, don't you. If you think there were other teams that were offering more than the Dodgers at the "deadline", than okay. Let's put it this way, the Dodgers got the pitcher they wanted and Texas got players in returns. Good luck to both teams.

That's not the argument, and you know it. The argument in your words is the Rangers were lucky to get ANYTHING for Darvish. This implies there was no market for him at all, or at least outside of a trade with the dodgers. The argument is not that the dodgers didn't offer the best deal. The argument is that the rangers were fortunate to receive ANYTHING at all. This is 100% wrong and you know it. If the dodgers hadn't made an offer, Texas would've taken an offer from another team, even if the return were less than what they got. You know you're wrong. Period.

The rangers were not fortunate to get ANYTHING for Darvish. You can make the statement that you feel like they got the best deal offered. You can make the statement that they received a better deal than they should have. You can make the statement that what they got is better than not trading him and only receiving the compensatory pick. But you are wrong to say they are lucky to have gotten ANYTHING for him. There are a dozen other teams who would've given them better value than the compensatory pick they would've received had they let him walk. That is not being lucky to get ANYTHING for him.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not the argument, and you know it. The argument in your words is the Rangers were lucky to get ANYTHING for Darvish. This implies there was no market for him at all, or at least outside of a trade with the dodgers. The argument is not that the dodgers didn't offer the best deal. The argument is that the rangers were fortunate to receive ANYTHING at all. This is 100% wrong and you know it. If the dodgers hadn't made an offer, Texas would've taken an offer from another team, even if the return were less than what they got. You know you're wrong. Period.

The rangers were not fortunate to get ANYTHING for Darvish. You can make the statement that you feel like they got the best deal offered. You can make the statement that they received a better deal than they should have. You can make the statement that what they got is better than not trading him and only receiving the compensatory pick. But you are wrong to say they are lucky to have gotten ANYTHING for him. There are a dozen other teams who would've given them better value than the compensatory pick they would've received had they let him walk. That is not being lucky to get ANYTHING for him.
Fair enough. You win, even if I meant the the Ranger's were lucky to get anything for Darvish at the "trade deadline". The trade happened right at the "deadline". No other team wanted Darvish more than the Dodgers at the "deadline". Nevertheless you win and I'm going to bed.