• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yu Darvish has been traded to the Dodgers

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. The guy I quoted thought it was just a rental.

Texas will make a hard push, apparently they really want this Japanese phenom if he is posted, that Otani kid, and having Darvish would obviously help

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,346.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know that Texas could have held onto Darvish for the rest of the season, don't you?

OMG

The Rangers aren't fucking contending for anything and he's a FA.....not coming back for next season. They had to trade him for something, rather than just get a compensatory pick.

We're buds, OT but you should probably stick to things you KNOW.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG

The Rangers aren't fucking contending for anything and he's a FA.....not coming back for next season. They had to trade him for something, rather than just get a compensatory pick.

We're buds, OT but you should probably stick to things you KNOW.
Yeah DJ, read my earlier comments, I said exactly the same thing you are saying. The Ranger's were lucky to get what they got at the trade deadline. The Ranger's could have held onto Darvish for the rest of the season and got nothing. Well except for a compensatory pick. By the way DJ, I know how the trade deadline and free agency works.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,346.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah DJ, read my earlier comments, I said exactly the same thing you are saying. The Ranger's were lucky to get what they got at the trade deadline. The Ranger's could have held onto Darvish for the rest of the season and got nothing. Well except for a compensatory pick. By the way DJ, I know how the trade deadline and free agency works.

Clearly, you don't......because you're backtracking when everybody was saying you were off.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're fucking clueless. They weren't lucky to get what they got. That return was probably reasonable for him, but the market was better than a compensatory pick. Just because what they got is better than the compensatory pick doesn't mean they were lucky to get what they got. Seriously, you don't know what you're talking about. Just stop.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,346.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers got a good player in Calhoun. Not your typical low level prospect in a deadline trade for a pending FA.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,346.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying the Rangers were lucky to get anything for a stud like Darvish is just stupid.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers got a good player in Calhoun. Not your typical low level prospect in a deadline trade for a pending FA.

Just would've liked to have done better with a pitching prospect.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be happy with what you got. The Dodgers weren't going to trade the farm for him.

Didn't expect the farm. Just a little better than their 8th best pitching prospect who looks like a long man and spot starter.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're fucking clueless. They weren't lucky to get what they got. That return was probably reasonable for him, but the market was better than a compensatory pick. Just because what they got is better than the compensatory pick doesn't mean they were lucky to get what they got. Seriously, you don't know what you're talking about. Just stop.
It's my opinion fuck face. If you don't like my opinion, then don't reply to my comments. Fair enough?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't expect the farm. Just a little better than their 8th best pitching prospect who looks like a long man and spot starter.
You still don't get it do you? If the Ranger's would have held onto Darvish for the rest of the season, then what?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's my opinion fuck face. If you don't like my opinion, then don't reply to my comments. Fair enough?

No. When your opinion is beyond stupid and clearly grounded in ignorance yet you speak as though you're knowledgeable on the subject, I'm going to call your senile old ass out. Got it, fuck face?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still don't get it do you? If the Ranger's would have held onto Darvish for the rest of the season, then what?

Then the dodgers don't get to bolster their chances at a World Series. It's called the free market, dip shit. You think the dodgers were the only team willing to deal for Darvish? If they didn't get him, Texas would've traded him to someone else. Jesus, stfu you ignorant old bastard. Take the L and move on.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. When your opinion is beyond stupid and clearly grounded in ignorance yet you speak as though you're knowledgeable on the subject, I'm going to call your senile old ass out. Got it, fuck face?
Okay dick breath, apparently you don't get what the Dodgers and Ranger's trade was all about. Therefore there is no sense in talking to you. I would advice you to talk to the Ranger's front office.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay dick breath, apparently you don't get what the Dodgers and Ranger's trade was all about. Therefore there is no sense in talking to you. I would advice you to talk to the Ranger's front office.

Really? Because literally every other poster in here disagrees with you and called you out on it. Shut your stupid ass up, geezer and stick to things you know about.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the dodgers don't get to bolster their chances at a World Series. It's called the free market, dip shit. You think the dodgers were the only team willing to deal for Darvish? If they didn't get him, Texas would've traded him to someone else. Jesus, stfu you ignorant old bastard. Take the L and move on.
Maybe, but the Ranger's waited until the last second to get the best deal. Talking about ignorant. You are one fucking ignorant young punk. The Ranger's waited until the last second to get the best deal, as no other team wanted to improve on the Dodger deal.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Because literally every other poster in here disagrees with you and called you out on it. Shut your stupid ass up, geezer and stick to things you know about.
Damn you are one ignorant fuck. Talk to the Ranger's front office and ask them if they got the best trade for Darvish.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but the Ranger's waited until the last second to get the best deal. Talking about ignorant. You are one fucking ignorant young punk. The Ranger's waited until the last second to get the best deal, as no other team wanted to improve on the Dodger deal.

That's not really the point. That doesn't make them lucky to get what they got. It means that was the market for Darvish. If the dodgers pulled out another deal would've been done. Again, if I'm the ignorant one, why is literally every other ducking poser in here telling you YOURE WRONG? Stop being argumentative and shut the fuck up about it, geezer. Take the L and move on.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn you are one ignorant fuck. Talk to the Ranger's front office and ask them if they got the best trade for Darvish.

Stop trying to change the argument. The argument wasn't that the rangers got the best deal available. It was that they were lucky to get what they did. That would suggest that the dodgers over paid above what would be considered a fair return to get him. It's not that complicated. A fair return at best is not a lucky return. Can't believe I have to explain this to you.