• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You're the new GM

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3) Draft or sign a combination of impactful front four player(s)and a LT

JMHO and it's way too early, but there is a shortage in 2016 DE's and LT's. If you're looking for draft, plug and play there's not much. However, in the 1st two rounds you could find a somewhat abundance of DT's.

IMO, the easiest position to transition from college to the NFL is DT. It's more complicated for DE's than DT's and more complicated for LB's than DE's and even more complicated for CB's than LB's. I'm speaking in terms of learning and adjusting top the complexities of techniques and scheme awareness. Regarding FS and SS those are two positions that probably sit right behind LB. at least that's my take.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as usual for this teams needs, I always seem to be in a dream world of wanting/needing 3 picks each in the first three rounds. Just once, I'd like to have that come to fruition. Yes, you still have to hit on those players but quality of depth, builds up to quality competition.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would that give him the right to TOOT TOOT?

I think your post can serve as a defacto. No need for me to do it. My schedule these days make it a little tougher for me to post as much any more.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMHO and it's way too early, but there is a shortage in 2016 DE's and LT's. If you're looking for draft, plug and play there's not much. However, in the 1st two rounds you could find a somewhat abundance of DT's.

IMO, the easiest position to transition from college to the NFL is DT. It's more complicated for DE's than DT's and more complicated for LB's than DE's and even more complicated for CB's than LB's. I'm speaking in terms of learning and adjusting top the complexities of techniques and scheme awareness. Regarding FS and SS those are two positions that probably sit right behind LB. at least that's my take.

Dont let Rob Base hear you say that, LOL.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I hate to say, imo we have 10 more games with Calvin in Honalulu Blue. He said he "do whatever he had to" to help keep Suh. He did nothing.

I don't see him taking money outnof his pocket. But I do see him being cut. I'll be sad that day, real sad. He was truelly a great.

We don't know if Calvin was or wasn't going to do anything to keep Suh, as we never signed him. I'm sure if anything was going to be done, it was only going to be done if we could sign Suh.

So I can't knock him for that. Plus -- I can't knock any player who wants to make as much money as they can while they are playing. Hell -- Calvin deserves a raise for wasting his career with the Lions organization.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the easiest position to transition from college to the NFL is DT.

I completely agree with this. You don't have to deal with a lot of the intricacies of a defense. OG is probably a close 2nd, depending on the blocking scheme the team that drafted you uses.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, you know me and my problem with misinterpretation.

I am asking here politely, when I misread I want to be told and explained. I do have honest liabilities (T.B.I.) and I'm not making excuses for it either.

I just prefer to have the Kush... it truly does help many aspects of my life
I do.

And I will.

In this kinder, gentler, back to basics era of our Lions Board I'll do my best to help ensure E'rybody gets where E'rybody else is coming from. Can only speak for myself, but I assume I can speak for many/most when I say your posts make this better a much better place. The informative ones and when you're just shootin the shit.

(I had a great Kush story to tell you from Friday(they day I unintentionally went dry) but you got the PMs turned off my man.)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know if Calvin was or wasn't going to do anything to keep Suh, as we never signed him. I'm sure if anything was going to be done, it was only going to be done if we could sign Suh.

So I can't knock him for that. Plus -- I can't knock any player who wants to make as much money as they can while they are playing. Hell -- Calvin deserves a raise for wasting his career with the Lions organization.
He did nothing.

And Suh left.

It was just words on his part. Money over winning, which I can't hold against anyone.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do.

And I will.

In this kinder, gentler, back to basics era of our Lions Board I'll do my best to help ensure E'rybody gets where E'rybody else is coming from. Can only speak for myself, but I assume I can speak for many/most when I say your posts make this better a much better place. The informative ones and when you're just shootin the shit.

(I had a great Kush story to tell you from Friday(they day I unintentionally went dry) but you got the PMs turned off my man.)

Just to add to this. I created this thread truly with two people in mind. You and @lionstop1

You posted over the weekend and I was trying to keep it going. Yao brings outside the box thinking also and I don't want to see him leave.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Fire Caldwell and Lombardi immediately.
  • Austin is interim head coach until the end of season. Then decide his fate.
  • Don't hire OC. Let Stafford run his own, no huddle offense for the rest of the season. See what happens
  • If offense improves, keep Stafford. If offense still sucks, draft QB in the top 5.
  • Like Smitty said, get cheerleaders right away. To distract from the shit-show in front of them.
  • Take naked pics of Martha and Bill Jr for job security.
  • Bang Stafford's wife.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see him taking money outnof his pocket. But I do see him being cut. I'll be sad that day, real sad. He was truelly a great.

To be honest, I wouldn't take a god damn penny out of my pocket to play for the Lions. They aren't the Pats who contend for super bowls every year.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Fire Caldwell and Lombardi immediately.
  • Austin is interim head coach until the end of season. Then decide his fate.
  • Don't hire OC. Let Stafford run his own, no huddle offense for the rest of the season. See what happens
  • If offense improves, keep Stafford. If offense still sucks, draft QB in the top 5.
  • Like Smitty said, get cheerleaders right away. To distract from the shit-show in front of them.
  • Take naked pics of Martha and Bill Jr for job security.
  • Bang Stafford's wife.

So you got dibs on Kelly. Can I be in the pictures with Martha?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont let Rob Base hear you say that, LOL.

I'd punch him right in the nutsack if he had a problem.

it'd go like this.

1). he sees me walk into his garage and would be worried that if he turned the fan on I would fall down.
2). so I'm at an advantage with the above and his cockiness. next, I'd bring a six pack of IPA and ruffie his 3
3). on his 3rd beer, I'd stand up and hand him an e-cig at his shoulder level, he's drowsy now and as soon as I passed it off to him...... WHAM

:suds:

that's how my story will be written regarding SWARM not liking my statement about College DT's as easiest position to transition to NFL

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the easiest position to transition from college to the NFL is DT.

I completely agree with this. You don't have to deal with a lot of the intricacies of a defense. OG is probably a close 2nd, depending on the blocking scheme the team that drafted you uses.

yep. just my take. I agree with your take on OG as 2nd easiest.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't turned anything off to the best of my knowledge.

those last 4 words above might be the problem.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I wouldn't take a god damn penny out of my pocket to play for the Lions. They aren't the Pats who contend for super bowls every year.
I don't disagree with that at all.

Just that CJ said he'd do whatever it takes. And didn't do anything.

Not mad at him, just believe what he says aboot as much as I believe Mayhew.