• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You're the GM

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
You pretty much hit it on the head, puck. Carter I'd only consider if Gillis decides to deal Raymond for picks (is that rumor still out there?). And if we were to deal Schneider, a trusted veteran backup is a must, unless Raycroft somehow returns.
Why the heck would Gillis trade Raymod for picks? the kid scored 25 goals in his second full season. that makes no sense, unless Raymond is asking for the moonon this deal.
Biron, Valliquet, Lalime, MacDonald, Dubleweizs, Backlund, Auld, Nittimaki, Danis, Raycroft, Legace, Leighton are all looking for work. Most of them would probably take a $5-600k deal if it was a one-way contract.

what about coburn and boucher?
that would seem to fit the bill, but I think we'd probably even prefer a prospect / pick over Boucher as an add in. I know Gillis wants to reclaim a few 2nd and 3rd rounders if possible.
Boucher would do - we basically need someone who can take 20 games - but as mentioned above, there are a lot of guys that are available to do that (for maybe less $)

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the heck would Gillis trade Raymod for picks? the kid scored 25 goals in his second full season. that makes no sense, unless Raymond is asking for the moonon this deal.

Makes no sense to me either, but I've read on the CDC boards (that tells me enough as it is) that there were rumors of Raymond going to Florida for the 3rd pick and other things thrown in. Gillis isn't stupid. Won't happen.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1