• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Your Texas Rangers at the Seattle Mariners 4/25 - 4/27

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about being on a roll. U is on one.:suds:

thank you kind sir......wouldn't it be great - I mean really great - to pull a win outta this crap.

I had damn near punted this one into the L column.

Sorry

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disagreeing, but I'm curious why you think the clean up spot would help. He's in a slump. He's got to get himself out of it, and that starts by driving the ball up the middle and to left center.

I'm not concerned about it helping him. I want someone to quit shitting the bed every time choo or Andrus get on base. Also, there's a little less pressure hitting fourth versus third.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rios looking bad

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rios didnt see the ball well in that at bat at all

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seriously concerned about Fielder. There's no excuse for that. I've never seen him this bad. What is his God damn problem?

No he hasn't ever looked like this, I think he'll settle in but time is pretty much up Prince, we need ya

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rios can always be counted on to swing no matter how much the pitcher lacks control.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank you kind sir......wouldn't it be great - I mean really great - to pull a win outta this crap.

I had damn near punted this one into the L column.

Sorry
I damn near burned the barn

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he hasn't ever looked like this, I think he'll settle in but time is pretty much up Prince, we need ya

I'll just say my good will and patience has just about run out.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tha King is at 100 pitches and we've had our chances to bury his ass or he wouldn't be in the game now.

Really can't complain, since I thought we were goners by the end of the 3rd.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a decent AB from Murphy here to get him out after this inning.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not concerned about it helping him. I want someone to quit shitting the bed every time choo or Andrus get on base. Also, there's a little less pressure hitting fourth versus third.

If he wasn't slumping and was hitting like his normal self then I think the 3 hole is where he should be. He is a RBI and OBP guy. Which is why I'd want him in front of our best hitter. I also like that it's LRLR. I see upsides to both ways though.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just help Felix out here why don't we

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disagreeing, but I'm curious why you think the clean up spot would help. He's in a slump. He's got to get himself out of it, and that starts by driving the ball up the middle and to left center.

you can drive the ball to get out of a slump, but one of the most well documented ways to get out of a slump is to take the ball the other way. When you're in a slump, its more likely to be pitches away then pitches in, because pitchers throw outside far more anyway. Keeping your hands inside of the baseball, letting the baseball travel so you can see it longer, and hitting the ball where its pitched, even if its a knubber through the right side, is good enough many times to get it going.

I've seen two common ways that coaches like to advice their players to break slumps. Letting the ball travel and taking it oppo, or bunting for a hit. Haven't really heard of trying to go left center with it. I mean, I'm sure its effective, I'm just saying its probably easier to have a better approach and taking it the other way.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wasn't slumping and was hitting like his normal self then I think the 3 hole is where he should be. He is a RBI and OBP guy. Which is why I'd want him in front of our best hitter. I also like that it's LRLR. I see upsides to both ways though.

A brewers fan mentioned to me at one time that fielder just doesn't do well hitting third. It's probably confirmation bias but it seems like we're seeing it play out here.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can drive the ball to get out of a slump, but one of the most well documented ways to get out of a slump is to take the ball the other way. When you're in a slump, its more likely to be pitches away then pitches in, because pitchers throw outside far more anyway. Keeping your hands inside of the baseball, letting the baseball travel so you can see it longer, and hitting the ball where its pitched, even if its a knubber through the right side, is good enough many times to get it going.

I've seen two common ways that coaches like to advice their players to break slumps. Letting the ball travel and taking it oppo, or bunting for a hit. Haven't really heard of trying to go left center with it. I mean, I'm sure its effective, I'm just saying its probably easier to have a better approach and taking it the other way.

As a lefty taking it to left and left center would be doing exactly that.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I said. He's LH so hitting it to left center is hitting it the opposite way.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly think it's all about his ground/low line drive shots as opposed to hitting the ball in the air. He's hit the ball hard recently; longer really. But when you're hitting into a shift at ground/low liner level it's a failure. Pretty simple to me.

Hell, if MM had hit the ball like Prince (without the shift) he'd be hitting .327 or better. Seriously