• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Your Texas Rangers at the Colorado Rockies 5/5 - 5/6

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe MM is better than the rest of the pitching, we will see

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i said yesterday, our starting pitching is regressing to where i thought it would be at this point. they started so well and looked like so much promise, but this is sorta what i thought they would ultimately be. Which is why all offseason i was pleading for good starting pitching reinfocements lol
Talked lately with your friend the scout, Terps? Any idea who we may be keeping an eye on? I occasionally keep an eye on Philly to see if Lee might be available by trade deadline.

super yang

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought NL games were supposed to be shorter than this :Cry:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First 123 inning of the night and it's MM :wtf2:, RR can go back to the pen and bring up NT who gave up 7 hits tonight but only 1 run and K'd 8

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathetic

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy that even after all the runs the Rockies scored in this one, they still left more people on base than we did. They left 11.... so it could haven been much worse.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we got trashed in Colorado as I expected. Now lets get some revenge at home. This team should be fired up from being humiliated the last couple of days. At least you would hope so. And I think we do need to make some changes with our pitching right now. We can not stand pat as is until Holland gets back.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we got trashed in Colorado as I expected. Now lets get some revenge at home. This team should be fired up from being humiliated the last couple of days. At least you would hope so. And I think we do need to make some changes with our pitching right now. We can not stand pat as is until Holland gets back.
Ogando needs to go to AAA to figure things out
Ross - back to bullpen
Tepesch - bring him up.
Baker is also a possibility. Has he continued to have success at RR?

What's up with Scheppers? He should be nearing the end of his DL stint...and he needs to go to the pen.

Martinez needs to stay with the big club as the long relief guy. Ross can join him here as the long relief lefty...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogando needs to go to AAA to figure things out
Ross - back to bullpen
Tepesch - bring him up.
Baker is also a possibility. Has he continued to have success at RR?

What's up with Scheppers? He should be nearing the end of his DL stint...and he needs to go to the pen.

Martinez needs to stay with the big club as the long relief guy. Ross can join him here as the long relief lefty...

Long relief lefty??? :suspicious:

Btw, none of this helps our pathetic offense.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talked lately with your friend the scout, Terps? Any idea who we may be keeping an eye on? I occasionally keep an eye on Philly to see if Lee might be available by trade deadline.

i talk to him frequently, but i dont think we're talking to anyone right now. He's only been watching games for the draft, he hasn't been watching any big league games lately. I haven't asked him, I'm just assuming that.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ross is a short man. At least pitching is an area we can do something.

You are right about the offense. Not sure what to do except let guys play 3-4 consecutive games if they start hitting. I think JPA is seeing the ball well right now. Moreland has not hardly played since he got on a roll and of course playing in an NL park hurts MM or Choice playing.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross is a short man. At least pitching is an area we can do something.

You are right about the offense. Not sure what to do except let guys play 3-4 consecutive games if they start hitting. I think JPA is seeing the ball well right now. Moreland has not hardly played since he got on a roll and of course playing in an NL park hurts MM or Choice playing.

MM might have earned himself the starting pitching role in the next NL game we have.:nod:

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can this team just win 1 out of the next 2? They look like hammered shit right now

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last week i said the Oakland home series was one of the worst series i'd seen from the Rangers in 10 years and then they go to Colorado for a 2 game series and make the Oakland series look good.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is it with the hitting on this team the last couple years? Coolbaugh couldn't get guys straightened out and Magadan has been equally unimpressive. Choo is looking every bit of the player we thought we were getting when he was signed, meanwhile Fielder is the opposite. I would like to think he has shown signs of coming around but I am not certain. Rios has put up decent numbers, but in certain big spots he hasn't delivered. Beltre I think will be back to being Beltre soon enough, I think that DL stint got him off a bit. Overall Soto and Profar could help but the rest of the guys look out of sync as well. I know we don't have some of the same caliber players now but I sure miss that 2010 and 2011 offense

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it with the hitting on this team the last couple years? Coolbaugh couldn't get guys straightened out and Magadan has been equally unimpressive. Choo is looking every bit of the player we thought we were getting when he was signed, meanwhile Fielder is the opposite. I would like to think he has shown signs of coming around but I am not certain. Rios has put up decent numbers, but in certain big spots he hasn't delivered. Beltre I think will be back to being Beltre soon enough, I think that DL stint got him off a bit. Overall Soto and Profar could help but the rest of the guys look out of sync as well. I know we don't have some of the same caliber players now but I sure miss that 2010 and 2011 offense

Would love to have that 2011 team with the Yu and Perez added to the starting pitching staff.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers just can't hit. And that's been going on for a few years now. Beltre and Fielder have combined for 3 HRs so far. That's your 3-4 guys and we're 6 weeks into the season. Throw in Andrus horrible year and Martin's slow start, plus no Profar and weak hitting catchers and there you have it.

Is it Magadan? Wash? Overrated talent? Who knows. Its a long season and sure things could turn around. But its hard to watch them not even be competitive in some of these games. Something is missing in that clubhouse right now.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers just can't hit. And that's been going on for a few years now. Beltre and Fielder have combined for 3 HRs so far. That's your 3-4 guys and we're 6 weeks into the season. Throw in Andrus horrible year and Martin's slow start, plus no Profar and weak hitting catchers and there you have it.

Is it Magadan? Wash? Overrated talent? Who knows. Its a long season and sure things could turn around. But its hard to watch them not even be competitive in some of these games. Something is missing in that clubhouse right now.

Top 5 in average and obp says otherwise. They can certainly hit the ball. They just have a shitty time scoring runs which is the entire point of the game. Do they suck at situational hitting? I think the all know the answer to that one.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 in average and obp says otherwise. They can certainly hit the ball. They just have a shitty time scoring runs which is the entire point of the game. Do they suck at situational hitting? I think the all know the answer to that one.
Well put Rev for those that have to be hand fed.