• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Texas Rangers are 2015 AL West Champions!

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a different take on it. Let's go with what got us here. Derek and Perez were not here much of the season and Colby was and quite successful I might add. So my vote for Colby is in place. The choice between Derek and Martin is the tough one. I vote for Derek because of experience. If Martin gets the nod, not bad for sure.

I feel the same way about Hamilton. Let's go with what got us here and leave that guy off the roster.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, the starting rotation for the playoffs is a pretty easy call- Gallardo, Hamels, Holland, Lewis.

Perez might have more upside in terms of "shut-down" stuff, but he has the mental makeup of a 12 yr old. As long as things are clicking for him, he's great. But the slightest thing can rattle him and set off a complete meltdown. We saw it in Houston when Elvis botched that grounder. I can just see an error or a bad call by an ump or a few walks making him completely lose his focus and his cool. Colby is unflappable and if he were to encounter any pitfalls like those I mentioned, he would just keep battling.

The playoffs really are a different animal. That's why you see some players elevate their games, some star players tail off, and other random mediocre dudes become October legends. Colby is built for the playoffs, both physically and mentally.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeShields

DeShields was not our primary LF. In fact we didn't have one.

But your response was to post re: Holland and Perez and had nothing to do with LF to begin with.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, the starting rotation for the playoffs is a pretty easy call- Gallardo, Hamels, Holland, Lewis.

Perez might have more upside in terms of "shut-down" stuff, but he has the mental makeup of a 12 yr old. As long as things are clicking for him, he's great. But the slightest thing can rattle him and set off a complete meltdown. We saw it in Houston when Elvis botched that grounder. I can just see an error or a bad call by an ump or a few walks making him completely lose his focus and his cool. Colby is unflappable and if he were to encounter any pitfalls like those I mentioned, he would just keep battling.

The playoffs really are a different animal. That's why you see some players elevate their games, some star players tail off, and other random mediocre dudes become October legends. Colby is built for the playoffs, both physically and mentally.
I don't think most of us have an issue with Colby starting a game but Holland and I did not see anything positive on here about him. I actually think Perez is rather mature out on the mound and I really do not like Holland's stuff right now.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the same way about Hamilton. Let's go with what got us here and leave that guy off the roster.

We have no better option. You cut your nose off to spite your face and that's stupid.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think most of us have an issue with Colby starting a game but Holland and I did not see anything positive on here about him. I actually think Perez is rather mature out on the mound and I really do not like Holland's stuff right now.

Holland had a damn nice start in his last start. There's nothing wrong with his stuff. The issue was his location. Holland should and will get the start.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My choice would be Martin, doofuss. He's much better at assists and he's not a scummy doosh.

Dude, just stop. You literally have no clue what you are talking about. Martin was sent to AAA because he couldn't hit his way out of a wet paper bag. That's the whole reason DDJ took over CF and the lead off spot to begin with. Martin hadn't been part of this team for literally months. He also happens to be coming off a wrist injury which required surgery, and he's dumb as a bag of hammers. Seriously, just accept that you're ignorant here.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
been a big fan of Gallardo for some time now

Go Rangers

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, just stop. You literally have no clue what you are talking about. Martin was sent to AAA because he couldn't hit his way out of a wet paper bag. That's the whole reason DDJ took over CF and the lead off spot to begin with. Martin hadn't been part of this team for literally months. He also happens to be coming off a wrist injury which required surgery, and he's dumb as a bag of hammers. Seriously, just accept that you're ignorant here.

Your preaching to the choir, coach, I know all about who took over what and such. Now that Martin's wrist is better, he doesn't even make the playoff roster and instead that doped out freak Hamilton gets a chance to do what we all know he'll do and that's suck in the playoffs. I'm not gonna say I told you so when it happens.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're in luck. He'll pitch 5 or less innings tonight.

One of his strong points during his Brew Crew days was eating up innings. Haven't been keeping up with his stats that much this season - is he not giving at least 6 innings per outing?