• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Texas Rangers are 2015 AL West Champions!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chanel 11 news just said Beltre will not play today

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Josh Hamilton has two hits in the American League Division Series. Shin-Soo Choo and Prince Fielder have one hit apiece. Mitch Moreland has yet to get a hit, and Adrian Beltre has missed the last two games with a strained back.

When any lineup’s biggest bats go silent, it’s hard to win.

Toronto starter Marco Estrada befuddled the Rangers with an array of off-speed pitches Sunday night, consistently moving the ball up and down, in and out. In 6 ⅓ innings, Estrada allowed five hits and struck out four. Few hitters barreled the ball.

The Rangers might lead the ALDS two games to one, but it’s highly unlikely they’re going to win it with the heart of their lineup hitting a collective .111 with no home runs and two RBIs.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a lineup full of guys who swing at strikes and let balls go by any day over one whose chief goal is to build up a pitch count. I would always rather wear a pitcher out than wear him down. If a guy is trying to throw stuff in the dirt and get you to chase then by all means don't swing at it. If he always throws a get ahead fastball on the first pitch to almost every batter then by all means swing at the first pitch. When Kinsler was going good at the plate he was great at first ball hitting even when batting lead off.

No batter goes up there trying to build a pitch count as their primary objective. The point is that hitters that work the count are selective. They are looking for a certain pitch in a certain zone and if they don't get it, then they lay off until they are forced to swing at something else. The more you work a pitcher's count, the more pitches he throws and the greater the likelihood that he will make a mistake.

Some batters are far too aggressive and swing needlessly at pitchers pitches early on in the count (see Josh Hamilton). Others work the count well and force a pitcher to either bring a pitch in their zone or execute their pitches over and over again (Napoli vs lefties and Choo in the 2nd half of the season are good examples).

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Josh Hamilton has two hits in the American League Division Series. Shin-Soo Choo and Prince Fielder have one hit apiece. Mitch Moreland has yet to get a hit, and Adrian Beltre has missed the last two games with a strained back.

Toronto starter Marco Estrada befuddled the Rangers with an array of off-speed pitches Sunday night, consistently moving the ball up and down, in and out. In 6 ⅓ innings, Estrada allowed five hits and struck out four. Few hitters barreled the ball.

The Rangers might lead the ALDS two games to one, but it’s highly unlikely they’re going to win it with the heart of their lineup hitting a collective .111 with no home runs and two RBIs.

Counter argument there is that you could say the Rangers middle of the lineup is due.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, if Alberto is our best option in our system to fill in for Beltre our system has some real problems.

And I know some of ya are gonna hate this, but I sure would love to see Adam Rosales in this role.

Fire at will mates....

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder might start at 1st, but they aren't taking him out of the lineup

Doubt it. He will DH and Moreland or Napoli will start at first.

BELTRE NOT IN RANGERS' LINEUP AGAIN
View attachment 39465
3B Adrian Beltre is absent from the starting lineup for the third straight game. Beltre injured his back in Game 1 of the ALDS and hasn't played since. Hanser Alberto will once again start in Beltre's place. Texas can advance to the ALCS with a win over the Blue Jays today.

Damnit :pout:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. No Beltre again. I hope we don't need him.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Completely agree. We are not working the pitchers and your numbers show it. In a perfect world it might be different. That's where I see Bennie coming from. We were swinging and making outs when we could have walked and possibly scored and worked the pitcher which in my opinion is a big part of the game. We didn't and you see the results. Nice crappie!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Counter argument there is that you could say the Rangers middle of the lineup is due.

Yea you could....ha ha ha

The other side of the pillow is always cool, right?

But for our sake, I hope you are SO right.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree. We are not working the pitchers and your numbers show it. In a perfect world it might be different. That's where I see Bennie coming from. We were swinging and making outs when we could have walked and possibly scored and worked the pitcher which in my opinion is a big part of the game. We didn't and you see the results. Nice crappie!

My problem with the lack of pitches isn't just working for walks. Take DeShields as the perfect example. How many times have many of us been complimentary of his eye at the plate? I just feel in my heart-of-hearts if he, along with others (4) already mentioned, had been a little more selective, they would have seen a better pitch to hit, and hopefully more to show than a collective 3-17. That's .176 incidentally.

Thanks on the fish.....we caught 37 and got about 11 lbs of nice fillets out of it. But I changed it for now. Buddy sent me this one of Albert and I couldn't resist.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really nervous about giving the ball to Holland today. Unless he has his absolute best changeup working he is going to get hammered. I'm not a big fan of Colby either in a game like this with the way he leaves so many fastballs up in the zone, but in big playoff games Colby has been good at keeping things down.

Really rolling the dice today with Holland. I'm sure Colby, and even Gallardo, will be in the bullpen.

My goodness do we need Beltre back.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
105.3 thinks Price goes today. Guess we wait and see. Makes no difference the offense has to come alive to wrap it up. Choo and Fielder combine has two hits in twenty five attempts for one RBI. Not what they're paid to do.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
105.3 thinks Price goes today. Guess we wait and see.

You're right in that, we'll have to wait and see. Don't know where 105.3 gets this notion from b/c Dickey has been penciled in for a while now. Not in ink I guess though.

But I think they would be totally screwing up by starting him today. And actually, I wish they would.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If price goes I'd swap fielder and Napoli out.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unanimous vote

Except the only one that matters. You know it would be a Napoli for Moreland switch. Though, as bad as Moreland has been, I'm not sure there's much difference.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Leonys has refused to report to the Arizona instructional league. Apparently he is upset that he was left off the ALDS roster.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Leonys has refused to report to the Arizona instructional league. Apparently he is upset that he was left off the ALDS roster.
He shouldn't be.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre starting at 3rd base today.