• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Texas Rangers are 2015 AL West Champions!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
asinine that its gone on this long
There are some out there calling this a knee jerk. I see it as a wake up call. I've hated the take out slide for a while. If you don't want to be doubled up you better run your ass off Billy Butler. Don't rely on Blly Burns taking out the MIF for your fat ass! But seriously hitters better start learning to take the ball the other way if they change the rule.

I think the best way to curb is to outlaw any slide that goes past the bag on a force out. If you aren't sliding to be safe you don't need to slide through or around the bag right? Pretty simple fix. It will also make the stupid "neighborhood play" go away because MIFs won't be worried about being ended because "BASEBALL!!!"

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some out there calling this a knee jerk. I see it as a wake up call. I've hated the take out slide for a while. If you don't want to be doubled up you better run your ass off Billy Butler. Don't rely on Blly Burns taking out the MIF for your fat ass! But seriously hitters better start learning to take the ball the other way if they change the rule.

I think the best way to curb is to outlaw any slide that goes past the bag on a force out. If you aren't sliding to be safe you don't need to slide through or around the bag right? Pretty simple fix. It will also make the stupid "neighborhood play" go away because MIFs won't be worried about being ended because "BASEBALL!!!"

. Hal McCrae slide

Really think they do suspend Utley. He plays a bit over the top and this was not the first or worst slide he has done like this with no reasonable intent to get to the bag. But the worst due to the consequences to player and other team. Because of this and high profile Mets involved I do think a suspension will happen and a rule change. No slide beyond base and player needs to be in proximity of base able to make touch. I was really surprised they gave him 2nd base as he really had no chance at even touching the base with slide. I am not saying Utley is a dirty player but he does make slides outside of the base path which makes this IMO a dirty play. The rules will be tweaked albeit not knee jerked like they did for the catcher/Posey new rules they had to be tweaked later

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Hal McCrae slide

Really think they do suspend Utley. He plays a bit over the top and this was not the first or worst slide he has done like this with no reasonable intent to get to the bag. But the worst due to the consequences to player and other team. Because of this and high profile Mets involved I do think a suspension will happen and a rule change. No slide beyond base and player needs to be in proximity of base able to make touch. I was really surprised they gave him 2nd base as he really had no chance at even touching the base with slide. I am not saying Utley is a dirty player but he does make slides outside of the base path which makes this IMO a dirty play. The rules will be tweaked albeit not knee jerked like they did for the catcher/Posey new rules they had to be tweaked later

I don't think Utley is a terrible human being, but I do think he was very irresponsible and needs to be held accountable for his actions on that slide. You should not be able to put another player at risk like that and not face suspension.

I admit to being slow to want to change the rules for catching, but the more I logically thought about, slamming into the catcher added no value to the game of baseball. It's simply not necessary. And we've see that in action with the slide Roogie made the other day at home. You don't need to try and hurt a guy to score a run on a close play.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Utley is a terrible human being, but I do think he was very irresponsible and needs to be held accountable for his actions on that slide. You should not be able to put another player at risk like that and not face suspension.

I admit to being slow to want to change the rules for catching, but the more I logically thought about, slamming into the catcher added no value to the game of baseball. It's simply not necessary. And we've see that in action with the slide Roogie made the other day at home. You don't need to try and hurt a guy to score a run on a close play.

He will be suspended as a peace offering. And playing HS ball always knew you had to slide so able to touch base. MLB rules have to be clarified. I saw Joe Torre interview as well, he slid through that no pun intended but he looked shaken underneath. They need non vested people doing the replays and I think it has been way too nit picky. Neighborhood swipes was way too much of a joke but the coming off the bag a millisecond is absurd esp with contact with other players involved. Replay has interfered with enjoyment of the game at this point.

Hope you can catch Ranger game today Rev

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be suspended as a peace offering. And playing HS ball always knew you had to slide so able to touch base. MLB rules have to be clarified. I saw Joe Torre interview as well, he slid through that no pun intended but he looked shaken underneath. They need non vested people doing the replays and I think it has been way too nit picky. Neighborhood swipes was way too much of a joke but the coming off the bag a millisecond is absurd esp with contact with other players involved. Replay has interfered with enjoyment of the game at this point.

Hope you can catch Ranger game today Rev

Heh...when you have to argue over what a catch is in football the replay process has ultimately defeated itself. Now we are arguing over toes coming off bags full seconds after the initial play...it's surreal.

I will be able to see the start, but have work at 9. I hope they can close it out though!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RRIIGGHHTT. That slide had nothing to do with baseball. Uncalled for and deliberate. Good post Rev.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holland would start Game 4 according to John Blake.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Beltre in the lineup today, but they say he is better.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers are going to have their hands full tonight. There is nothing more dangerous and unpredictable than a cornered animal. The Blue Jays are going to scratch, claw, fight--anything they can to do to avoid elimination. I hope the Rangers still respect the Blue Jays' power.

If Perez can just keep the Rangers in the game until the 6th inning or 7th inning, and avoid the big inning, I think the bullpen will be able to take it the rest of the way.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got Perez going tonight DT, needs to keep the ball down
I knew that. Dumb me. Derek for #4 had been on my mind. A senior moment

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew that. Dumb me. Derek for #4 had been on my mind. A senior moment

I figured it was a slip, as you stated earlier, I hope to not need Derek's services in this series

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok boys. I got my Ranger cap and shirt on and ready to go. Let's end it tonight.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great first inning for Marty!