• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Take on the new Head Coaches/from best to worst

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually seems to run a lot more spread option

He did a lot more triple option qualities at Georgia Southern because that is traditionally a triple option school.

Fritz may not get much done this year but he will have Tulane better than we've seen them in a long time soon.
The problem for the Green Wave is the jump in conference came at the worst possible time. They just when to their first bowl game in I don't know how long, they were just getting to a point where they could build off of success and they moved to the AAC and became low man on the totem pole.

I knew Fritz runs a lot of spread stuff, but I believe he has stated in interviews he still plans on running some triple option. So who knows.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top Tier
Kirby Smart/Georgia - Already walking into a really good team.
Justin Fuente/VT - Has all the ingredients to have a really good first year.
Losing to Tennessee won't dim their debut seasons.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richt to Miami will be the best move IMO. dude can recruit and there is still a ton of talent in Florida

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richt to Miami will be the best move IMO. dude can recruit and there is still a ton of talent in Florida

That's what drove UGA fans crazy about Richt. The dude could recruit with the best of them, but he could never get the team over that hump.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where we disagree. This is self serving and putting football over morality. This thought process is why they are having the issues they are.

They are in a r*pe scandal. You aren't going to tell those kids and families ANYTHING that is going to even remotely make them think twice about leaving. That decision has been MADE. It's done.

All he's doing right now is causing further damage because those kids can't enroll somewhere else and get on campus. It's a complete asshole move. And it isn't going to go well with him moving forward because those parents TALK to other parents. Those HS coaches TALK to other recruits and parents.

His job is to coach the kids that WANT to be there. These kids don't. Let them go, and the faster the better for all involved, including him.
You know what, you're right. I actually have to say you changed my mind here. He does need to let them go. As someone else also pointed out, he has no real ties to Texas, so yeah, this would behoove him greatly.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what, you're right. I actually have to say you changed my mind here. He does need to let them go. As someone else also pointed out, he has no real ties to Texas, so yeah, this would behoove him greatly.

He's got to deal with this scandal......but he's got to do it with those kids that are determined to win for Baylor. He should have a team meeting and let everyone that wants out, out. And then coach the hell out of those that stay. EVERYONE INVOLVED needs a clean slate......which means getting rid of all malcontents.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got to deal with this scandal......but he's got to do it with those kids that are determined to win for Baylor. He should have a team meeting and let everyone that wants out, out. And then coach the hell out of those that stay. EVERYONE INVOLVED needs a clean slate......which means getting rid of all malcontents.
Do you suppose he has an inclination that he's only gonna be there for maybe a year or two so he's trying to up his value by taking a shot at retaining some of the bigger recruits?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I heard that we ended up luring Bronco Mendenhall to UVA, I was pleasantly surprised. I hadn't heard his name mentioned at all as I thought that we were going to end up getting Jeff Brohm from Western Kentucky (which I don't think would've been a bad hire either). I'm just hoping that he can turn around our football team like Tony Bennett did for our basketball team.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not meeting with them to help them out. He's holding them up from joining another school which negatively impacts them as students and athletes. It's self serving......and it's a douchebag move. NO kid is going to change their mind. Let them go.

Grobe, and the school, is putting football ahead of the right thing.....which is exactly what got them here in the first place.

And YES, it will affect recruiting. When things were at their worst the coach held kids hostage at Baylor. You'd think they'd have learned that forcing people to do what they don't want is a bad idea by now.

Those kids come from several powerhouse programs in state. Both the parents and coaches will do nothing but bad mouth Baylor for YEARS over this.

He's a dead man walking. The only good thing for him is he gets to fleece the school for a check and doesn't need to have any wins to show for it.

While I agree it is self serving, to a point. Any new hire coach would want to meet with recruits and current players to discuss the direction of the program and see if he can salvage any of the recruits. It isn't as if Grobe was involved with the scandal and supposedly all involved have been removed. And while he may not have a connection directly to Texas football -- he was the chair of the American Football Coaches Association ethic's committee for 8 years, which is HQ'd in Waco. So I'm sure he has knowledge of the state and it's coaches.

I actually agree with your stance -- Baylor should let the recruits walk if that is what they want. I understand why Grobe wants to talk with recruits before that is decided though too. In essence, Baylor has 30 days once they file for a release to make a decision. I HOPE they do the right thing for these kids, but I also hope the recruits do so after talking with Grobe. If after talking with Grobe, they feel Baylor isn't the school for them. Then let them go to wherever they'd like.

Now if they ask for a release and the school flat out denies them. Then I'd agree wholeheartedly with holding them hostage comment.