• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your guide for the 2019 CFB Season (AKA: "Okay... let's try this again")

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. The first countdown segment of the season, and already people are calling me a f--king idiot because I didn't check my post. Now people are thinking UCLA has 2 games on the same day. :L:L:L
So why don't we just forget the previous thread I made, and let's all go to this one? Where you guys can sound off on the 2019 season and what happens in it, and I don't make any outrageous mistakes. Okay?

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 Top 10 Games of Week 1 (Part 1- August 24th through 30th {Done correctly})

You're probably wondering "Why is this guy doing a countdown right now? And on the 2nd post on this thread, no less?". Well starting on Wednesday, me and the family will be having a vacation in the Pacific Northwest and some parts of British Columbia. And I most likely won't be back on here until the 29th... when I'll be too tired to type up a long post.

Oh, and they'll also be a BIG game going on while I'm away, so that's why I'm taking care of the early games right now. Let's start off the first week of the CFB season with...

The Top 10 Games of College Football 2019 Week 1 (Part 1: The early games)

(All times are Eastern)
10. Florida International @ Tulane [8:00 August 29th, ESPN3 and the ESPN App] (Here's a sneakily good game for all of you southern football fans. Tulane is off it's first bowl win since 2002, while FIU actually has real expectations entering a season. It's Miami vs. New Orleans in this clash at Yulman Stadium.)

9. Wisconsin @ USF [7:00 August 30th, ESPN] (Mojo will be the theme of this game. As in, which one of these two teams will regain some positive mojo after losing a lot of it last year? USF's new offense will be tested here. Ditto for Wisconsin's new QB.)

8. Utah State @ Wake Forest [8:00 August 30th, ACC Network] (Utah State has a retread [Gary Andersen] as their head coach, and a strong QB in Jordan Love. That's the stuff Wake Forest is expecting in their opener. It's the fear of the unknown that might cause an upset and a Wake loss; what are all of those new Aggie players going to be able to do here?)

7. Purdue @ Nevada [9:30 August 30th, CBS Sports Network] (And speaking of new players, Purdue will have a lot of new faces on their offense when they travel to Reno for their opener. To me, this one is all about the defensive fronts; if Purdue's is able to get to Nevada's new QB, that'll bode well for the Boilermakers. But what if Nevada's defense does the same thing?)

6. Georgia Tech @ Clemson [8:00 August 29th, ACC Network] (There it is! The first big thing that the new ACC Network will be doing, and it should be fun to see Clemson's championship celebration on the new stage for the ACC. But this is all about Georgia Tech; how their new offense operates will decide if this game turns into a snoozefest or not.)

5. Colorado State vs. Colorado [10:00 August 30th, ESPN] (Apologies to Georgia Tech @ Clemson, but this rivalry game just looks more competitive to me right now. Colorado has won 4 in a row over their biggest in-state rivals, and they would just LOVE to make it 5 in a row for their new head coach.)

4. Oklahoma State @ Oregon State [10:30 August 30th, FOX Sports 1] (Look. Oregon State may stink again this year, but the Beavers don't know that yet. And that's especially true on the Beaver offense, where all they need is a good QB to make it run. That could spell trouble for a Cowboys team that's looking to rebound after taking a step back last year.)

3. UCLA @ Cincinnati [7:00 August 29th, ESPN] (Now we're on to the heavyweights! We all know what happened last year when Cincinnati visited the Bruins in Pasadena: Cincy stunned the Bruins, and went on to have a proud season while UCLA fell to a 3-9 record. Now let's see if Chip Kelly has the tools on offense to return the favor. That won't be easy to do with Desmond Ridder and Michael Warren III raring to go for the Bearcats.)

2. Utah @ BYU [10:15 August 29th, ESPN] (Oh, and stick around for the nightcap on ESPN, because they'll have a proud rivalry game called the "Holy War" featuring Utah and BYU. And silly ol' me believes that Utah can make the CFP this year! That probably means that Zach Wilson and the BYU offense will stun Utah's defense, mainly because BYU will be desperate to snap a 8-game losing streak in this rivalry.)

1. Florida vs. Miami {from Orlando, FL} [7:00 this Saturday, ESPN] (Well, whataya know? The first game on the FBS schedule for 2019 is one of the biggest games on the Week 1 slate! These infrequent rivals will meet up on a sweaty night in Orlando, and both Miami and Florida are seeking a landmark win here. But this is Manny Diaz's 1st-ever game as a head coach, and what a tough way to start a career! I really hope his choice of QB's [Jarren Williams] works out...)

...and I'm done! I'm now off to start packing, and I hope to see everyone tomorrow.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predictions for August 24th through the 30th (Week 1 Picks- Part 1)

Okay... it looks like the firestorm I caused yesterday has died down. Now I can get back to business. So before I leave for the beautiful Pacific Northwest, here are my first set of picks for Week 1:

Top 25:
Georgia Tech 13 @ (1)Clemson 41
(8)Florida 27
vs. Miami 21
Texas State 7 @ (12)Texas A&M 35
(14)Utah 35
@ BYU 31
Tulsa 10 @ (18)Michigan State 24
(19)Wisconsin 39
@ USF 22

Other big games:
UCLA 32 @ Cincinnati 35
FIU 30
@ Tulane 16
UMass 13 @ Rutgers 20
Utah State 26
@ Wake Forest 21
Purdue 24 @ Nevada 20
Colorado State 14 vs. Colorado 24
Oklahoma State 46
@ Oregon State 35

And with that done, I now invite you guys to share YOUR picks for this upcoming week. I'll check back later...

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday recap

So the first official day of the 2019 season is done. And not much happened, except we saw Tulane smack FIU in the mouth and Cincinnati making Chip Kelly look stupid for the 2nd year in a row. In fact, the ONLY big thing to happen last night was this:

Central Arkansas vs. Western Kentucky - Game Summary - August 29, 2019 - ESPN Yep, it's a Central Arkansas team rallying from a 2-TD deficit to make Western Kentucky the first team crossed off my Christmas card list this year.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday's action

Thursday was a little boring, but Friday was where all of the fun REALLY started. We saw Colorado winning in Denver again, Rutgers finding a pulse on offense, and Oklahoma State also rediscovering it's offense against the Beavers.

But most importantly, we got the first two great games of the season: Wake Forest fighting off a game Utah State team...

Purdue vs. Nevada - Game Summary - August 30, 2019 - ESPN ...and Nevada using a freshmen kicker to cap a comeback win against Purdue. Inspiring stuff here.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1- Top 10 Games (Part 2: Today through Monday)

Now that I'm full of energy after seeing that Nevada kicker win a scholarship, I'm now gonna sift through the games taking place this Labor Day weekend. Yep, it's time for...

The Top 10 Games of College Football 2019 (Week 1 Part 2: Labor Day weekend)
(All times are Eastern)
10. South Carolina vs. North Carolina [from Charlotte, NC] {3:30, ESPN} (There were a lot of choices for this spot, but I'm going with this border showdown on neutral ground. But Vegas is saying that the over/under for this game is 63? If I was you, I'd take the under all day.)

9. Houston @ Oklahoma [7:30 tomorrow, ABC] (It's Jalen Hurts's debut as the starter for Oklahoma, and he has a lot of weight on his shoulders now: OU wants another Big 12 title and another playoff spot this year. About the only thing that can stop Oklahoma winning this game on Sunday is their defense. That's because Houston has the chance to score a lot of points as well; what if the Sooners can't cope?)

8. Georgia @ Vanderbilt [7:30, ESPN] (Georgia is once again starting a season with the weight of heavy expectations hanging over them. Vandy could come out swinging as well, but I think if Georgia withstands that early onslaught then they SHOULD be able to blaze through this contest easily.)

7. Ole Miss @ Memphis [12:00, ABC] (A new offensive line for Ole Miss, going up against a Memphis team that's hoping for a "New Year's Six" bowl at the end of the season. And it's a freshmen QB starting for Ole Miss against Brady White, the catalyst for Memphis's whole offense. So... how surprised do you think Memphis will be when the Rebels shocks them with a defense that's out to prove people wrong?)

6. Virginia Tech @ Boston College [4:00, ACC Network] (Ignore that one-sided Georgia Tech vs. Clemson game 2 days ago, THIS is why you demanded the ACC Network to be broadcast in your region! It's a doubleheader that'll be must-see TV!
First, we have Virginia Tech starting their comeback from a bad 2018 against the Eagles of BC. Oh, and BC is getting sick and tired of getting only 7 wins every single year. The Hokies must stop AJ Dillon if they want to leave Chestnut Hill as a winner.)

5. Virginia @ Pittsburgh [7:30, ACC Network] (Then in the nightcap, we have an early tone-setter in the ACC Coastal. Either Pittsburgh defends their turf and gets a head start in defending their crown, or Virginia starts to prove all of us prognosticators right by winning this one. Pittsburgh's offense will be the key; how much better will it be right out of the gate?)

4. Northwestern @ Stanford [4:00, FOX] (After 3 months of worrying and preening, Stanford's running game finally has the chance to shut up all of the critics when they take the field. Awaiting them is a Northwestern program that's brimming with confidence after another solid season last year, but what will happen if the Wildcats defense breaks in Palo Alto?)

3. Boise State @ Florida State [12:00, ESPNews] (You can understand why people moved this game from Jacksonville to Tallahassee. They wanted to make sure the game goes on while giving those people in Florida more time to escape the wrath of Hurricane Dorian. It's a win-win.
But if Boise State loses this game, they'll be silently cursing out the hurricane. I mean, thanks to Dorian they now have a neutral-site game that turned into a road game at Florida State. I really hope Boise's new QB is ready for all this drama.)

2. Fresno State @ USC [10:30, ESPN] (Yep. I'm moving the Fresno-USC game all the way to the #2 spot. That's because it's an in-state contest, and also because it'll be the beginning of the most intriguing story of the 2019 season: Clay Helton's job status. I wanna see what the QB's will do here: How will Fresno's new QB handle the pressure of replacing Marcus McMaryion? And how will USC's QB's do on their first day in Graham Harrell's offense?)

1. Auburn vs. Oregon [from Arlington, TX] {7:30, ABC} (College Gameday has been talking up how important this game is to the PAC-12, so I'll focus on the other things. Oregon has a proud QB, but questions at receiver and the secondary. Meanwhile, Auburn has big questions at QB, but looks set at every other position. Somebody has to lose this chess match at "Jerry World"...)

Best "mid-major" game: Houston Baptist @ UTEP (Come on, Miners! Let's see you get off to a good start!)
Game with the best chance to be a bust: Duke vs. Alabama ("College Gameday" has been talking up the injuries that Alabama's defense suffered in the offseason. And it doesn't bleeping matter; Nick will just dig up some 5-star freshmen and blow out the Blue Devils... like we're all expecting them to do.
Honorable mentions for the Top 10: Toledo @ Kentucky, Mississippi State vs. UL-Lafayette, Georgia Southern @ LSU, and Notre Dame @ Louisville.

My prediction segment is next!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 Predictions (Part 2: Labor Day Weekend)

...And "College Gameday" is STILL talking up that Michael Dyer "Was he down?" thing. So how's about we look at something better: My picks for the weekend (FBS vs. FCS games doesn't count)!

(2)Alabama 49 vs. Duke 13
(3)Georgia 48 @ Vanderbilt 20
Houston 28 @ (4)Oklahoma 49
Florida Atlantic 10 @ (5)Ohio State 42
Georgia Southern 13 @ (6)LSU 31
Middle Tennessee 7 @ (7)Michigan 40
(9)Notre Dame 37
@ Louisville 17
Louisiana Tech 24 @ (10)Texas 45
(11)Oregon 34
vs. (16)Auburn 28
Miami-Ohio 10 @ (20)Iowa 30
(22)Syracuse 42
@ Liberty 28
New Mexico State 16 @ (23)Washington State 46
South Alabama 16 @ (24)Nebraska 44
Northwestern 22 @ (25)Stanford 28

Other big games:
Indiana 34
vs. Ball State 15
Boise State 21 @ Florida State 24
Toledo 23 @ Kentucky 26
Ole Miss 38
@ Memphis 31
South Carolina 26 vs. North Carolina 16
Virginia Tech 20 @ Boston College 17
Virginia 32 @ Pittsburgh 21

...and I'm done! Comment on these picks (or anything else, for that matter) on this thread, and I'll come back tomorrow to respond to them... or to see if Syracuse screwed the pooch.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon vs. Auburn

Oregon vs. Auburn - Game Summary - August 31, 2019 - ESPN

This plan shouldn't have worked. Throwing a true freshmen QB against Justin Herbert, knowing full well that Gus Malzahn's job prospects will plummet if he loses? It shouldn't have worked for Bo Nix...
...but it did, thanks to some late-game heroics.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 Recap (Part 1)

And now, the usual run-through of all of the conferences, just to see what happened:

ACC: A lot of fun stuff was had over here. On the good side, Syracuse's defense did well in their opener, Virginia won against Pitt, and Boston College rode the home crowd and a steady defense to a win over Va-Tech.
Oh, and North Carolina surprised South Carolina in Charlotte. My mother is not pleased.
Boise State vs. Florida State - Game Summary - August 31, 2019 - ESPN On the negative side, we have this. I start watching this game, and FSU goes up 31-13. I switch away to watch another game, and Boise starts to rally. I switch back to this game, and FSU ends up losing. Go figure.

Big 12: I know that West Virginia, Iowa State, and Kansas had trouble with some FCS teams yesterday. But they all won, so no harm, no foul.

Big 10: Mostly chalk. Although Michigan looked a little sleepy at fist in their opener, and Northwestern's offense stunk.

PAC-12: Despite beating Fresno State, USC loses one of their vaunted QB's. The plot thickens! And also, I had no idea that Hawaii defeated Arizona last week. Did you?

SEC: I just mentioned Auburn's win over Oregon, and it looks like Georgia and LSU are as healthy as ever.
But overall it was a bad day for the SEC. Ole Miss losing to Memphis, I get. Mississippi State needing all 60 minutes to beat UL-Lafayette, OK.
Georgia State vs. Tennessee - Game Summary - August 31, 2019 - ESPN But let me just ask a question to the Tennessee Vols: What was THIS all about?!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 Recap (Part 2)

And now, our first look at the rest of the field:

American: Memphis did it's part to make their conference look good, and so did SMU. Shame about East Carolina, though.

Mountain West:
Missouri vs. Wyoming - Game Summary - August 31, 2019 - ESPN
The CBS Sports Network strikes again. Nearly a year after it gives us Old Dominion beating Virginia Tech, it gives us Wyoming upsetting Missouri. Hey, wait a minute! Wasn't Missouri supposed to be the big nuisance in the SEC this year?

Sun Belt: Georgia Southern... I thought they would at least cover the spread.

MAC: Hey! The Eagles managed to win a close game this time!

C-USA: And finally, how about a round of applause for UTEP for winning a game so soon, eh?

Oh, and if something happens in the Houston/Oklahoma and Notre Dame/Louisville games, I'll let you know. Until then, the thread is yours...

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2- Top 10 Games

So I just heard that Texas will be hosting a free "watch party" for students who don't have tickets to see the big LSU game. And I also heard that Georgia State is trying to reach out to evacuees of Dorian. I don't have anything to add to that, except "Well done, Texas and Georgia State".
With that done, let's get to...

The Top 10 Games of College Football 2019 (Week 2)

(All times are Eastern)
10. Rutgers @ Iowa [12:00, FOX Sports 1] (I initially was going put Marshall @ Boise State at #10, mainly because I didn't like Rutgers' chances in Iowa City. But then I saw that someone had replaced Artur Sitkowski as the Knights's QB: McLane Carter, a former backup at Texas Tech. With McLane going up against Iowa's Nate Stanley, maybe this game will be a good one.)

9. Army @ Michigan [12:00, FOX] (Be honest, folks. Back in 2016, did you EVER think that Army would be on a broadcast network not named CBS for a big game? The Black Knights are excited for the trip to Ann Arbor; trouble is, they didn't look too dominant against Rice last week, so they're hoping that their offense will show a spark here.
On the other hand, Michigan won't play a team like Army for the rest of the season...)

8. Miami @ North Carolina [8:00, ACC Network] (UNC is already feeling good about bringing back Mack Brown after he rallied them to a upset win over South Carolina. But the gauntlet now continues for Mack and crew as they start ACC play against the Hurricanes. Has Miami learned something from that awful 2-minute drill 2 weeks ago against Florida? We'll soon find out!)

7. Syracuse @ Maryland [12:00, ESPN] (Where "College Gameday" goes next week will hinge on this contest in College Park. For the Orange, their offense looked a little slow last week, but it WAS their first game with a brand new QB. Plus, their defense looked pretty damn good. As for Maryland, they scored a s--tload of points last week, but that was against a FCS opponent.
Put all this together, and this is a game that I'll NOT be watching.)

6. California @ Washington [10:30, FOX Sports 1] (Just a straight-forward PAC-12 opener between two hopeful conference contenders. However, there is a sticking point: Cal's new running back Christopher Brown Jr., who ran for 197 yards last week. Is it just a freak occurrence, or does Washington's defense have a BIG problem on their hands?)

5. Nebraska @ Colorado [3:30, FOX] (Last year's battle between Nebraska and Colorado was a real hum-dinger. Now it's time for the 2nd part of this home-and-home series, and once it's over I'll know how good Nebraska's defense REALLY is.)

4. Stanford @ USC [10:30, ESPN] (Hooray! JT Daniels can be a good quarterback! ...Oh, crap! He's gone for the rest of the year! ...That means USC will now have to start all over again, as one of their biggest rivals comes to town once again. So K.J Costello should be on his game and- Wait. Costello might be out for this game, too? OOOOOOOO...)

3. Cincinnati @ Ohio State [12:00, ABC] (It's time for ABC to celebrate, because this Saturday they'll have the top 3 games of the week on their network! At noon, it's one of the more intriguing non-conference games of the season. Cincinnati showed last week [by beating UCLA again] that they have the talent to challenge the big boys, but they've never done well in Columbus, Ohio. For Ohio State, Justin Fields looked great in the opener... even though he only played 1 half. Oh, and this should be the first real test for Ryan Day and his coaching staff.)

And then later on, we'll have this:

The American Broadcasting Company proudly presents... A Double Main Event!
At 3:30, the defending national champions, the Clemson Tigers, continues their title defense against Kellen Mond and hopeful Texas A&M!
Then at 7:30, the immortal Texas Longhorns! Hosting a boisterous LSU team with Ed Orgeron and his main-man Joe Burrow! Don't miss it!!
Best "mid-major" game: Marshall @ Boise State (Sorry for leaving you out of the Top 10 games list, Boise. It should still be a good one, though, when you face a Marshall team that wants to be the flag-bearer for Conference USA this year.)
Game with the best chance to be a bust: Central Michigan @ Wisconsin (Wisconsin looked like a BEAST last week when they went to Tampa and blasted USF. So, Jim McElwain? Don't feel too bad when the Badgers clobbers your team, OK?)
Honorable mentions for the Top 10: West Virginia @ Missouri, Northern Illinois @ Utah, Southern Miss @ Mississippi State, Arkansas @ Ole Miss, and Tulane @ Auburn.

My prediction segment is next!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 Predictions

I haven't checked my record for last week's slate of games. And I don't care! Let me take care of this week's slate first (FBS vs. FCS games don't count)!

(12)Texas A&M 27 @ (1)Clemson 38
New Mexico State 6 @ (2)Alabama 51
Cincinnati 21 @ (5)Ohio State 35
(6)LSU 39
@ (9)Texas 31
Army 14 @ (7)Michigan 24
Tulane 13 @ (10)Auburn 42
Northern Illinois 16 @ (13)Utah 30
California 17 @ (14)Washington 31
Buffalo 13 @ (15)Penn State 46
Nevada 22 @ (16)Oregon 45
Central Michigan 7 @ (17)Wisconsin 50
(18)UCF 54
@ Florida Atlantic 13
Western Michigan 15 @ (19)Michigan State 42
Rutgers 17 @ (20)Iowa 35
(21)Syracuse 29 @ Maryland 35
(23)Stanford 17 @ USC 20
Marshall 25 @ (24)Boise State 45
(25)Nebraska 38
@ Colorado 35

Other big games:
Miami 31
@ North Carolina 21
West Virginia 31 @ Missouri 35
San Diego State 9 @ UCLA 14

My time's up. You've been great. Enjoy "Animal Babies: First Year on Earth".

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 Predictions

I haven't checked my record for last week's slate of games. And I don't care! Let me take care of this week's slate first (FBS vs. FCS games don't count)!

(12)Texas A&M 27 @ (1)Clemson 38
New Mexico State 6 @ (2)Alabama 51
Cincinnati 21 @ (5)Ohio State 35
(6)LSU 39
@ (9)Texas 31
Army 14 @ (7)Michigan 24
Tulane 13 @ (10)Auburn 42
Northern Illinois 16 @ (13)Utah 30
California 17 @ (14)Washington 31
Buffalo 13 @ (15)Penn State 46
Nevada 22 @ (16)Oregon 45
Central Michigan 7 @ (17)Wisconsin 50
(18)UCF 54
@ Florida Atlantic 13
Western Michigan 15 @ (19)Michigan State 42
Rutgers 17 @ (20)Iowa 35
(21)Syracuse 29 @ Maryland 35
(23)Stanford 17 @ USC 20
Marshall 25 @ (24)Boise State 45
(25)Nebraska 38
@ Colorado 35

Other big games:
Miami 31
@ North Carolina 21
West Virginia 31 @ Missouri 35
San Diego State 9 @ UCLA 14

My time's up. You've been great. Enjoy "Animal Babies: First Year on Earth".
Thanks man.....actually go out of my way to read your stuff!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 Recap (Part 1: The PAC-12)

How about we start the weekly recap with this?
California vs. Washington - Game Recap - September 7, 2019 - ESPN Cal doing it again to Washington? I mean, the PAC-12 might have only 1 national title contender left (Utah), but it looks like it'll give us a lot of excitement this year.

We also had good highlights: Kedon Slovis surprised a lot of people (including a LOT of USC fans) by throwing for 377 yards to stun Stanford, and Colorado unbelievably rallied to surprise Nebraska for the 2nd year in a row.

And sadly, we had some bad moments like Hawaii beating Oregon State to go to 2-0...
San Diego State vs. UCLA - Game Summary - September 7, 2019 - ESPN ...and UCLA losing to SDSU for the first time ever.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan survives Army

Army vs. Michigan - Game Summary - September 7, 2019 - ESPN

Hey, Michigan fans! If you're still upset about how close this game was, don't be! Remember, Army scared the crap out of Oklahoma last year, and the Sooners still made the playoff. Remember that next week against the Badgers.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 Recap (Part 2: The Big 10)

And since I'm on the topic, let's look at what happened to the Big 10 this week!

Minnesota vs. Fresno State - Game Summary - September 7, 2019 - ESPN For the 2nd-best game of the week from this conference, look no further than Minnesota! They were pushed to the brink by Fresno State again... and again survived to beat the Bulldogs.
For Ohio State... man! I mean, I knew you guys were eventually gonna defeat Cincinnati, but JESUS CHRIST! You didn't had to be THAT mean to them.
Also, Illinois is fine and Purdue is fine. In fact, the biggest embarrassment the Big-10 had this week was Penn State trailing Buffalo at halftime.

My dark side: "Hey! Did you SEE what Maryland also did yesterday?!"
Me: "We don't discuss that one."

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 Recap (Part 3: Everybody else)

And finally, let's look at the rest of the FBS teams and see what happened:

ACC: North Carolina is 2-0! Clemson took care of Texas A&M thanks to a GOOD defense. And Florida State is feeling better after smashing UL-Monroe by... ONLY 1 POINT?! Man, the Seminoles are in worse shape than I thought!
...But hey! 2-0! Mack Brown and the Tar Heels are 2-0!

SEC: Forget about the Tennessee Vols! The SEC is feeling great today! LSU's big win, Auburn handled their business, and Missouri got 2 wins (One against West Virginia, and another when Wyoming won on the road). Even Alabama was in a good mood, showing just a little bit of mercy against NMSU.
BYU vs. Tennessee - Game Summary - September 7, 2019 - ESPN But seriously, Tennessee. What is wrong with you?

Big 12: Kansas is back to being Kansas. Other than that, nothing real big happened.

American: SMU looked good and Cincinnati looked bad, but what cares? I mean, UCF is still here and still winning.

C-USA: So last week, Western Kentucky got humiliated by Central Arkansas. This week, they go to Miami and upsets my pick for the C-USA title 20-14. How does that work?!
P.S: UAB sure made a lot of gamblers look foolish by winning at Akron.

MAC: ...I got nothing. At least Kent State was able to fight off Kennesaw State.

...and that's about it (I already mentioned the highlights for the Mountain West). But before I go, how about a round of applause for Georgia State, who was able to shake off a hangover and get a comeback win over Furman? :clap: