• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your All 2018-2019 Free Agent Team

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough crowd. How about a spell check while you are at it.

You didn't capitalize the first letter of a sentence there.

Now hop to it on picking a replacement for the second Ervin Santana spot.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see an opt out for him until 2022. If he does indeed have an opt out after next season then, yeah, he'll probably take it. $21 million a year for pitcher of his caliber is probably a bit low and it would be his last chance to score a big payday.
Cueto has an opt out after THIS season. My bad...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that one is really right. I went with Machado because he is 6 years younger. He hit 35 homeruns at the age of 23 so who knows how many he'll put up when he enters his prime years?

Well, yeah. Machado is very young, and I didn't know this was a long-term "build for the future" team we were putting together. I thought it was simply to win right now.

If I had to choose between Donaldson or Machado to plug into my lineup tomorrow... I wouldn't really have to think twice about taking Donaldson. If I was GM of a team that's looking down the line a little bit, yeah... no doubt, Machado.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers have deep pockets. They'll lock him up. And why would Kershaw leave anyway? He pitches in the best pitcher's park in MLB and the best metropolitan area for commercial endorsements. They'll extend him. It will be an obscene amount of money but they will get it done.
I didn't say he would leave. I said he would opt out. He may re-sign with the Dodgers after opting out, I would expect him to, but that doesn't mean he won't opt out. There's a reason he made sure there was an opt out clause in his contract, so that he could sign a bigger deal when he's 30 as long as he pitches well. He's been tremendous, so he'll opt out and sign a long term deal. But he'll get more money from the Dodgers if he's a free agent and there are multiple teams bidding.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Melancon is 2 years at $14 million a year: 2018-19 MLB Free Agents

And the Dodgers will not let Kershaw go. Period. It won't happen. Maybe you want him in Boston. Forget it. That isn't happening either. The Red Sox pockets aren't as deep as the Dodgers and besides, a few years down the road from now the Sox will be paying Mookie and Zanduh a combined $50 million a year just to keep them from going to the Yankees.
$14 million base salary, but his signing bonus is spread out over the final two years of his contract as well.
upload_2017-6-20_7-20-44.png

And I never said the Dodgers are going to let Kershaw go. I said he was going to opt out. Has nothing to do with the Red Sox. They won't be in a position to win a bidding war after 2018 anyway as they'll have Pablo, Porcello, Pedroia, Price, and Sale making big money, as well as the last and 2nd to last years of arbitration for Bogaerts, Betts, and Bradley. I'm well aware of the Red Sox contract situation. My opinion has nothing to do with them.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Harvey used to be on this list