• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your 5 Happiest Moments of this Past Season

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only two I can think of off of the top of my head were Boyle's goal against the Ave after putting the Puck into his own net the prior game and Joe to Patty in OT against Detroit.

Nabby had some stellar games but I can't remember dates. Also there was a comeback win against Nashville that culminated in a Little Joe spin move goal that was entertaining.

Oh, and Dallas and Anaheim both missing the playoffs was fun. :p

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.Finally ending the Flyers streak.
2.Tavares & Moulson lighting up Vancouver after a newpaper reporter failed miserably at spelling Moulson's name.
3.The 6-0 Shutout of Detroit. In the past two seasons the Islanders have beaten the Red Wings twice. Both shutouts.
4.Matt Moulson's 30th goal. Considering the Islanders didn't have a 20 goal scorer last season this was a big deal.
5.Watching the development of Tavares. He went a long time without a goal & it didn't faze him. JT is going to be one heck of a player.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings making the playoffs
Kings fan on the swamp giving me a free ticket to game 6 of the playoffs (ok I bought him a couple of beers once I was there)
Kings getting 101 points
Seeing Bernier play good in a couple of games
Watching Luc get in the Hall

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. Crosby scoring to win gold
2. Carkner's OT goal against the Pens
3. 11 game winning streak
4. Alfredsson's 1000th game
5. Karlsson scoring with 10 seconds to go against the Canes to send it to OT. That was really his coming out party and he had another goal in that game as well.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. Karlsson scoring with 10 seconds to go against the Canes to send it to OT. That was really his coming out party and he had another goal in that game as well.

ouch... thanks for the memory... were making our own late late late push there, and at the time it was still an outside possibility....
Having 2 pts turn into one with that left on the clock was quite a deflating. The little bit of wind remaining left the sails on that one.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ouch... thanks for the memory... were making our own late late late push there, and at the time it was still an outside possibility....
Having 2 pts turn into one with that left on the clock was quite a deflating. The little bit of wind remaining left the sails on that one.

Sorry :)

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Crosby scoring to win gold
2. Carkner's OT goal against the Pens
3. 11 game winning streak
4. Alfredsson's 1000th game

I completely forgot about the Olympics. Parise's tying goal with under 30 seconds left was an awesome moment, for about fifteen minutes...

bmanhas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. Byfuglien getting traded.
2. Byfuglien getting traded to the Eastern Conference.
3. Byfuglien getting traded to a team that will not make the playoffs anytime soon.
4. Byfuglien getting traded to a team that we would only see in the finals.
5. Aquiring Ballard and Hamhuis which will lead to Bieksa finally being removed from this team.

kenyg54

Only sane person out here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
5 memorable games in the point streak that clinched the playoffs for the Wings:
1. March 19 @ EDM: Rafalski scores with 2/10's of a second left in regulation to tie up the game, a game the Wings looked bad all night. EDM wins in a shootout, but it's a point stolen and sets off a 7-game winning streak.
2. March 20 @ VAN: Zetterberg scores the OT winner with 3/10's of a second left with a backhander past Lou.
3. March 22 vs. PITT: saw this one live, fans were hanging from the rafters. Wings outplay & outscore the Pens 3-1, Zetts gets two more. Howard sharp, only 17 "Crosby Sucks" chants.
4. March 27 @ NASH: the classic 0-0 tie after OT, Howard and Rinne put on a show, and it continues into the Shoot Out. Wings win the 11-round classic on a Kronwall goal, only the third goal scored on either side in the 11 rounds.
5. March 30 vs. EDM: a great 5-4 win, but not really the way you want to win it. Wings build a 4-0 lead, only to watch (literally) EDM tie it at 4-4. Brad Stuart wins it with 1:07 left.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Spanking the hated Devils all year and throughout the playoffs

2) Gagne's OT goal

3) Richards SH goal

4) Boucher's stand against the Rag's.

5) Coming here and getting out of that fucking toilet

**Honorable mention has to be posting in the GNT's this year with everyone. I had a absolute blast!

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing 4 straight to the Flyers after building a 3-0 series lead wipes out any happy moments for me :(

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever you say. :p

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey they just got a number 2 pick and have the Leafs #1 next year. They might break your heart but your time is going to come.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thread!

For the Capitals...

(5) Mostly because I was at the game, watching the Caps comeback from down 3-2 against Florida to score 5 goals in just over 10 minutes in the 3rd. From nail biter to blowout - the atmosphere was great.
(4) Finding that gear that "no other team has" and coming back against Chicago on the road. Down 3-0 going into the 3rd period and winning in OT despite not having OV.
(3) Sweeping Pittsburgh and absolutely owning them (9-2) in the 3rd period. Doesn't make up for last season's ousting, but it helped a little.
(2) Being back in the DC area for the first time in 4 years and being able to just watch the games each week right there at home. Not just being here to see it all, go to games, etc., but the atmosphere around them has completely changed. It's great.
(1) I've always said as a sports fan I just want ONE Cup for the Caps in my lifetime. Heap on the misery elsewhere and I'd be happy. Sometime in mid-January watching this team I realized that some season soon this team WILL win a Cup. Maybe not next year, but it's coming. For the first time in 20+ years of rooting for them, I believe they will do it. I can't tell you the exact moment it happened, but it's a great feeling and nothing I've remotely had before for my Caps (even when they went to the SC Finals).