• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your 5 Happiest Moments of this Past Season

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and awaz...

I sincerely hope we don't have one of those grown adults that, for some reason, feels they have right to tell another grown adult who they are and are not suppose to root for in a sporting event. I will lose some respect for sports fans everywhere...

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
- game 82 of the season. Sedin's highlight goal of the year, to win the Art Ross trophy with a 4 point night, and lay the boots to Calgary 7-3 in the meantime.

- game 5 in LA (round 1), a 7-2 win. During that game, our O and D finally got on the same page, the penalty killing was finally back on track (after that spooky 0 for 7 skid). And we had gotten to Quick. At that point I knew the series was over.

- Game 1 in the Chicago (round 2), a 5-1 win. I thought, just maybe.... just maybe. At the vary least it was a split in Chicago, and our home record was 30-8-3. juuuust maybe.

- a game in Nov vs Colorado. kicked the shit out of the Avs 8-2 in their own barn. Hank Sedin with the hattrick. started off a 6-2 run.

- the game with the Pens in town. Had a rookie goalie starting, and an absolutely fresh off the boat Russian as back-up. The rookie gets yanked in the 2nd, and the Russian made some great saves in his 35 minutes. by that time that outcome was determined (5-1), so it was fun to cheer for the new goalie.

miamiforlife81

It's All About The U!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
5. Kesler's EN goal to beat Canada
4. Crosby faking out Spezza then assist for the goal
3. Parise's game tying goal in the gold medal game
2. Crosby's performance in the last game of the year
1. Dupuis's OT series winning goal in Ott in game 6 (were trailing 3-0)

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Pens fan....I'd have to say...generally speaking.....Crosby's 50th goal....and that's because nobody thought he could he ever do it...and he did....That's #1 on my list....I really hae to think about another 4 episodes to round out the list....

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the lap dances!??!?!

What lap dances???
I never said anything about lap dances.

exactly.

shhh.jpg

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Pens fan....I'd have to say...generally speaking.....Crosby's 50th goal....and that's because nobody thought he could he ever do it...and he did....That's #1 on my list....I really hae to think about another 4 episodes to round out the list....

selfish bastard admitted at the NHL awards that he tried really hard to get the goal only for the trophy and personal accolades...

oops... swamp flashback
move along
nothing to see here
delete button pressed..
you are now free to move about the thread

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and awaz...

I sincerely hope we don't have one of those grown adults that, for some reason, feels they have right to tell another grown adult who they are and are not suppose to root for in a sporting event. I will lose some respect for sports fans everywhere...

hey i'm just sayin, as an american it should be pretty cut and dry who you should be rooting for.. have some pride in your country.. i have no beef with you, you said you wanted the americans to win and then when cros scored you thought it was cool, thats legit.. i do have a problem with americans that passionately cheered against america.. its un-american.. cheering for canada against every other team, perfectly fine, i did it too, but when it came to USA/Canada i even cheered when orpik leveled richards, thats how it should be..

and i'm only 21.. not a fully grown adult, i cant rent a car :)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. Kesler's EN goal to beat Canada
4. Crosby faking out Spezza then assist for the goal
3. Parise's game tying goal in the gold medal game
2. Crosby's performance in the last game of the year
1. Dupuis's OT series winning goal in Ott in game 6 (were trailing 3-0)

oo yes a great choice.. that was an unbelievable effort to score an empty netter.. probably the greatest empty netter of all time

Dupster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Canada winning the gold
Sedin winning the Art Ross
Sedin winning the Hart
Canucks locking down +.500 on that mammoth road trip with many games still to be played
Canucks beating down Washington and Pittsburgh amid a ton of press during those regular season games

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. John Carlson scoring in OT to win the World Juniors for the US.

2. Alex Ovechkin's rip from the point that was tipped in by Knuble to win one of the most exciting regular season games in recent history on Super Bowl Sunday.

3. Parise, as mentioned above.....

4. Brendan Witt taking the ice after knocking out an SUV on his way to get a latte. He is still my favorite player of all time.

5. Ovie's 2 goal third period for the comeback win against Edmonton.

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey i'm just sayin, as an american it should be pretty cut and dry who you should be rooting for.. have some pride in your country.. i have no beef with you, you said you wanted the americans to win and then when cros scored you thought it was cool, thats legit.. i do have a problem with americans that passionately cheered against america.. its un-american.. cheering for canada against every other team, perfectly fine, i did it too, but when it came to USA/Canada i even cheered when orpik leveled richards, thats how it should be..

and i'm only 21.. not a fully grown adult, i cant rent a car :)

Meh... I don't hold rooting against the USA in a sporting event to that high a standard. It's not hoping your country gets overthrown in a war. It's a game. Americans that root against the USA just for the sake of rooting against the USA are pricks, but if they have a reason to cheer for another nation, I don't really have problem with it. That said, there are not too many reasons to root against the homeland...

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Canada winning the gold (Iggy to Crosby)
2. Oilers finishing dead last in the NHL

That's all I've got...

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In no order...

The stretch run that shut everybody up about if the Wings will make the playoffs or not.

Rafalski having a good olympics. Made me proud.

Eaves throwin' down with Versteeg. (As 2Tootoo2 would say, "Little guys fight 'til death")

Pavs "change-up" shootout goal against the Hawks

And even though they lost, going to game 3 against the Yotes. You just can't beat playoff hockey.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. Carlson's GWG vs Canada in the World Juniors
4. GTG from Zach Parise in the Olympic Gold Medal Game vs Canada
3. "The Blizzard Game"A regular season game in Febuary just before the break, Pens-Caps which I attened. Caps were down 4-1 midway through the 2nd, but Fehr scored one before the end of the 2nd, and OV scored two to finish off his hattrick to tie the game. Then in OT OV blasts a shot from the point which hit the post and then Knuble poked it in through Fleury's legs
2. Nickie B's OT GWG in game 2 of the first round of the playoffs vs. the Habs
1. John Carlson's GTG in game 2 of the first round of the playoffs vs. the Habs

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm...in hockey in general?

5. Sid's winner (not canadian, was heartbroken about the US loss, but knowing it was Canada and my team's captain really was pretty awesome)
4. ironically...Parise's game tier...i had my 'lucky' jersey on and was freaking out.
3. Guerin's game tier...just...wooow.
2. sid's last reg. season game. i swear, after the 2nd i thought he was gonna explode to take the art ross.
1. dupuis game/series winner (last happy moment really)

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no order:

The whole Olympic tourney (mainly USA's, but the whole thing was just awesome!)
Oregon smashing USC 47-20 on Halloween
Hank's 4 point night in game #82
Hank winning all those shiny trophies
My birthday (Canucks beat Columbus, U.S. wins World Juniors)

Last edited by a moderator:

NJDevils_30

600+ Marty!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anyone that doesn't have the Parise goal for the US at #1 needs to take a step back and realize how huge it was. The US team wasn't even predicted to medal by many,,,

The Crosby goal was weak. Sorry, but he was invisible all game until the OT winner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that doesn't have the Parise goal for the US at #1 needs to take a step back and realize how huge it was. The US team wasn't even predicted to medal by many,,,

The Crosby goal was weak. Sorry, but he was invisible all game until the OT winner.

Yes but the Carlson goal may have been more impactful for the future of USA Hockey. We won the world juniors and under 17s and that says a lot about our future.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though the USA did not win the gold I was happy with Miller's performance. Canada was they team to beat and they proved it. There were other players on the USA that deserve some kudos as well.

As far as the Sabres in general you will have to give me some time on that. Myers development was a pleasant surprise.