• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your 2017 hall of Fame class

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than longevity, his career is everything you can ask for in an elite player and plus.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude Warner had what? 5 or 6 good seasons and he makes it over TO? Freaking joke

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what?

Well only had 500 less rushing yards in 4 less seasons of play.

Averaged more yards per carry

3 time 1st Team All-Pro to only 1 time All-Pro for Craig

2 Time OPOY compared to 1 for Craig

Play off numbers are highly in favor of Davis. Heck even had more yards rushing in half the games played. More Touchdowns by almost double again in just half the games.

So shorter career yet still pretty darn comparable stats and did much more for his team when the games mattered most.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well only had 500 less rushing yards in 4 less seasons of play.

Averaged more yards per carry

3 time 1st Team All-Pro to only 1 time All-Pro for Craig

2 Time OPOY compared to 1 for Craig

Play off numbers are highly in favor of Davis. Heck even had more yards rushing in half the games played. More Touchdowns by almost double again in just half the games.

So shorter career yet still pretty darn comparable stats and did much more for his team when the games mattered most.
And when you factor in receiving?

Hmmm. Wonder why you didn't bring that in.

Craig was the first player to ever rush for a 1000 and receive 1000 in the same year. And he did it as a fullback.

And what happened to Denver rushers after Davis' crash and burn? What happened to the Niners running backs after Craig's last 1000 yard season?

Craig was in a system that hurt his numbers. Davis was a system back.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when you factor in receiving?

Hmmm. Wonder why you didn't bring that in.

Craig was the first player to ever rush for a 1000 and receive 1000 in the same year. And he did it as a fullback.

And what happened to Denver rushers after Davis' crash and burn? What happened to the Niners running backs after Craig's last 1000 yard season?

Craig was in a system that hurt his numbers. Davis was a system back.

Well the next big runner I guess you would say was in 2000 with Mike Anderson who rushed for almost 600 yards less than Davis his last healthy season.

As for the receiving numbers yeah TD wasn't as good of a receiver. You asked the question though of why is TD deserving more than Craig so I gave the reasons of why he is more deserving. Including the receiving part doesn't make him more deserving. I'm not saying Craig doesn't deserve to be in just that TD has a very good case of why he should be. Really about the only reason people have left him out in the past is just the longevity of his career. Everything else says he should be in.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever heard of Olandis Gary?

And I am not saying Davis wasn't good. But he is more of a Tim Lincecum than a Sandy Koufax.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever heard of Olandis Gary?

And I am not saying Davis wasn't good. But he is more of a Tim Lincecum than a Sandy Koufax.

Yeah I've heard of him. I was trying to be nice here and actually help you out with your argument by giving you a better season by a Denver RB. TD's last healthy season in 1998 he rushed for 2008 yards. He averaged 5.1 yards per carry and had 21 rushing TD's. Olandis Gary the next season taking over for an injured TD rushed for 1159 yards at only 4.2 yards per carry and only 7 touchdowns. So 850 yards less rushing, 14 touchdowns less, and almost a yard less per carry behind pretty much the same OL that TD had.

Yes the Broncos did a great job of producing some great rushing attacks with or without TD running it. TD though was by far the best by a large margin over the next guy for the Broncos of being able to produce. He made a good OL legendary.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I've heard of him. I was trying to be nice here and actually help you out with your argument by giving you a better season by a Denver RB. TD's last healthy season in 1998 he rushed for 2008 yards. He averaged 5.1 yards per carry and had 21 rushing TD's. Olandis Gary the next season taking over for an injured TD rushed for 1159 yards at only 4.2 yards per carry and only 7 touchdowns. So 850 yards less rushing, 14 touchdowns less, and almost a yard less per carry behind pretty much the same OL that TD had.

Yes the Broncos did a great job of producing some great rushing attacks with or without TD running it. TD though was by far the best by a large margin over the next guy for the Broncos of being able to produce. He made a good OL legendary.
A Schmoe going for 1100 compared to 2000 does not make the 2000 HOF worthy. It makes his HOVG worthy.

And for the record, I do not believe that Craig is a shoe-in either. I think he is a guy on the fence. But he belongs in before TD.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Schmoe going for 1100 compared to 2000 does not make the 2000 HOF worthy. It makes his HOVG worthy.

And for the record, I do not believe that Craig is a shoe-in either. I think he is a guy on the fence. But he belongs in before TD.

So one of the 5 greatest seasons by a RB in NFL history doesn't make him HOF worthy just HOVG worthy? Greatest playoff RB of all time doesn't make him HOF worthy just HOVG? I mean there was no question during that 4-year stretch with TD that he was the best RB in all of football. And not like he had just a bunch of no names going against him as guys like Barry Sanders were having a great stretch during that time as well but yet still fell short of what TD was doing.

Again right now not sure many can make a case against TD other than the Longevity of his career.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So one of the 5 greatest seasons by a RB in NFL history doesn't make him HOF worthy just HOVG worthy? Greatest playoff RB of all time doesn't make him HOF worthy just HOVG? I mean there was no question during that 4-year stretch with TD that he was the best RB in all of football. And not like he had just a bunch of no names going against him as guys like Barry Sanders were having a great stretch during that time as well but yet still fell short of what TD was doing.

Again right now not sure many can make a case against TD other than the Longevity of his career.
If he had another 3 years or so of 800 APY, than I don't think we would be arguing. But a 5 year career is way too flash-in-the-pan for the HOF.

Again, he is Tim Lincecum, not Sandy Koufax.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he had another 3 years or so of 800 APY, than I don't think we would be arguing. But a 5 year career is way too flash-in-the-pan for the HOF.

Again, he is Tim Lincecum, not Sandy Koufax.

And I'm not trying to say that he is the greatest running back of all time. He was yes a fringe player of whether he should get into the HOF because yes it would have been nice to see him get a couple more years of good to great play on his resume. Unfortunately that didn't happen. So I could understand if they did not vote him in. I still think though you can't tell the history of the NFL without TD being mentioned. His short career produced some of the best seasons of any RB in history. So that flash was very bright when he had his chance. And again when so many are focused on what players do when the lights are brightest in the playoffs then hard to argue with him being in because of what he did at amping up his game even more in the playoffs.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude Warner had what? 5 or 6 good seasons and he makes it over TO? Freaking joke
Three Super Bowl appearances and one SB victory not to mention one of the greatest playoff performers of all time. Add that to everything he does off the field and his career stats. Warner is the definition of a Hall of Fame person.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three Super Bowl appearances and one SB victory not to mention one of the greatest playoff performers of all time. Add that to everything he does off the field and his career stats. Warner is the definition of a Hall of Fame person.

I could careless what he does off the field. And that goes for every single player. HOF is about what you do on the football field.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even saying Warner did not deserve to eventually make the HOF but no way in hell should he get in before TO considering they were on the same ballot

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even saying Warner did not deserve to eventually make the HOF but no way in hell should he get in before TO considering they were on the same ballot
TO was basically kicked off of every team he ever played for. Can you be a HOFer if none of your teams even WANT you on the field?