• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your 16 teams that can win it all

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Upsets happen”

First in the history of the tournament. Lmao

Virginia was a solid, good team whatever. Great defensive team that gave up 74 to UMBC and choked.

Great teams don’t choke especially in the playoffs when it’s all on the line. Cmon

Alright then we'll just disagree. Gophers are on so I'm gonna watch.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright then we'll just disagree. Gophers are on so I'm gonna watch.

I’m watching it as well. No worries man just giving you shit. I set the bar high. Attts what happens when you grow up in Illinois in the 90s. I was spoiled

Just hard for me to see greatness out of team that dominated the regular season and then choked bad. Boys learnt their lesson though the next year and got it done

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where did I say Loyola was better than Virginia? Not Loyola’s fault that Virginia choked to a #16 seed.

Neither of those teams were great teams. Villanova was great.

You are judging teams on one or a few games. That is ridiculous.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are judging teams on one or a few games. That is ridiculous.

Any player of the game knows what is important. If you dominate the regular season and shit the bed in the playoffs against the #16 seed that’s not a great team. It’s beyond obvious. At least to a player. Lol

it’s called choking. Great teams don’t do it. Great teams get beat by other great teams or great performances.

Stat geeks are an entire different story.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any player of the game knows what is important. If you dominate the regular season and shit the bed in the playoffs against the #16 seed that’s not a great team. It’s beyond obvious. At least to a player. Lol

it’s called choking. Great teams don’t do it. Great teams get beat by other great teams or great performances.

Stat geeks are an entire different story.

Every teams human though. Great teams can have bad games. Regardless of when it is, it still happens. Having one bad game shouldn’t deter a team from being great. An that’s exactly what you are trying to argue. Eric said it best when he said great teams don’t always win it. It’s a single elimination tournament. That’s why judging a team from one performance is ridiculous.

Virginia got beat by a great performance. That’s apparent to anyone that has a brain.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every teams human though. Great teams can have bad games. Regardless of when it is, it still happens. Having one bad game shouldn’t deter a team from being great. An that’s exactly what you are trying to argue. Eric said it best when he said great teams don’t always win it. It’s a single elimination tournament. That’s why judging a team from one performance is ridiculous.

Virginia got beat by a great performance. That’s apparent to anyone that has a brain.

You’re on crack. Virginia was taking awful shots that game and their staple defense was awful. Lol great teams can have bad games sure but not when it matters win or Go home and not losing by 20 to a 16 seed. Don’t know how else to break it to you.

great teams don’t lose those games. But it worked out for them the next year because they had red ass and didn’t choke. Just went about their business as usual.

lol at a “great team” losing by 20 in the first round. Goodness gracious people

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Don’t judge us by our choke job in the first round losing by 20 points”

“We were a great team”

:L

*insert participation trophy here*

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re on crack. Virginia was taking awful shots that game and their staple defense was awful. Lol great teams can have bad games sure but not when it matters win or Go home and not losing by 20 to a 16 seed. Don’t know how else to break it to you.

great teams don’t lose those games. But it worked out for them the next year because they had red ass and didn’t choke. Just went about their business as usual.

lol at a “great team” losing by 20 in the first round. Goodness gracious people

Please point out where I called Virginia a great team. Go ahead and find that for everyone.

I’m actually of your opinion about Virginia probably wasn’t a great team that year. Where I differ is judging a team how they do in few games. You can’t judge a team on how theyy do in March because every team is human. There are teams that are horribly matched. That’s what’s so ridiculous about your statement.

UMBC were hitting shots left and right. Hate to break it to you but that was a great performance. Really not that tough to see.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s judge teams on a few games because there is only one great team each year.

Insert dumbass quote here.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please point out where I called Virginia a great team. Go ahead and find that for everyone.

I’m actually of your opinion about Virginia probably wasn’t a great team that year. Where I differ is judging a team how they do in few games. You can’t judge a team on how theyy do in March because every team is human. There are teams that are horribly matched. That’s what’s so ridiculous about your statement.

UMBC were hitting shots left and right. Hate to break it to you but that was a great performance. Really not that tough to see.

Yes UMBC was hitting shots. Virginia D was absent that day obviously because that was their staple. Along with the fact that Virginia was throwing up trash and shot 18% from 3.

the entire discussion was about a good vs great team. Great teams don’t choke like that and yes the first round of the tournament has defined a lot of teams. that’s the entire goal for the season. Getting to the tourney and winning that first game, then trying to sustain the momentum. That’s the difference in a good and great team

:drool:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s judge teams on a few games because there is only one great team each year.

Insert dumbass quote here.

Now you’re just backpedaling lol.

shall we give them all great team status? Participation trophy’s perhaps?

who’s got a great team this year? It’s up for grabs and may not be one. Yes Nova was the only great team in the field in 2018. 2019?? Virginia yes. Sparty no. T Tech not really.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes UMBC was hitting shots. Virginia D was absent that day obviously because that was their staple. Along with the fact that Virginia was throwing up trash and shot 18% from 3.

the entire discussion was about a good vs great team. Great teams don’t choke like that and yes the first round of the tournament has defined a lot of teams. that’s the entire goal for the season. Getting to the tourney and winning that first game, then trying to sustain the momentum. That’s the difference in a good and great team

:drool:

That Virginia offense alone wasn’t that good. That’s why I tend to agree with you they weren’t a great team.

I understand the discussion, I just don’t agree with judging teams based on a few games. It’s a single elimination tournament. Great performances can happen to great teams. Judging them on how they do in a single elimination tournament is ridiculous.

You’re basically arguing a team that goes undefeated in the regular season with a high SoS, wins its conference tourney but then loses in the first round isn’t great because they lost in the big dance.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you’re just backpedaling lol.

shall we give them all great team status? Participation trophy’s perhaps?

who’s got a great team this year? It’s up for grab and may not be one. Yes Nova was the only great team in the field in 2018. 2019?? Virginia yes. Sparty no. T Tech not really.

How am I backpedaling? Show me how I am backpedaling or take it back. My stance has been consistent from the start. Stop judging teams based on a few games in March.

Stop trying to turn this into a political thing with participation trophy’s. You know it’s not that, stop making it that.

There doesn’t look to be a great team this year. I’m sure you’ll argue the one that wins is because they had a great March. Which is what I have been arguing against this whole time.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Virginia offense alone wasn’t that good. That’s why I tend to agree with you they weren’t a great team.

I understand the discussion, I just don’t agree with judging teams based on a few games. It’s a single elimination tournament. Great performances can happen to great teams. Judging them on how they do in a single elimination tournament is ridiculous.

You’re basically arguing a team that goes undefeated in the regular season with a high SoS, wins its conference tourney but then loses in the first round isn’t great because they lost in the big dance.

first paragraph we are on the same
Page.

second paragraph it depends on what and who you are actually judging. I’m not saying that loss defined Virginia but it definitely took them out of greatness. You cant focus entirely on the regular season and just throw a really bad loss (choke) against a waaaay inferior opponent when it absolutely is ALL on the line out the door.

3rd — see 2nd paragraph

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I backpedaling? Show me how I am backpedaling or take it back. My stance has been consistent from the start. Stop judging teams based on a few games in March.

Stop trying to turn this into a political thing with participation trophy’s. You know it’s not that, stop making it that.

There doesn’t look to be a great team this year. I’m sure you’ll argue the one that wins is because they had a great March. Which is what I have been arguing against this whole time.

So basically just throw out what teams do in March??

that’s retarded man go polish your participation trophies they’re getting dusty

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas St allowed 43 points to UMBC. Virginia 74

Just throw that game out.. look the other way. :lol:

let’s just not pay attention to the most important part of the college b-ball season

—said no one who ever laced them up

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first paragraph we are on the same
Page.

second paragraph it depends on what and who you are actually judging. I’m not saying that loss defined Virginia but it definitely took them out of greatness. You cant focus entirely on the regular season and just throw a really bad loss (choke) against a waaaay inferior opponent when it absolutely is ALL on the line out the door.

3rd — see 2nd paragraph

So basically just throw out what teams do in March??

that’s retarded man go polish your participation trophies they’re getting dusty

LOL at participation trophies. It’s not like that, you stating it just dumbs down the conversation even more. But do what ya like.

So what should we do then when calling a team great? Throw out what they did the whole regular season? Just matters winning 6 games in March to determine if a teams great or not? LOL good luck with that. Anyone with a brain can see you need to use the whole bod of work to call a team great. Not just a few games in March. You still don’t seem to understand this, why?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas St allowed 43 points to UMBC. Virginia 74

Just throw that game out.. look the other way. :lol:

let’s just not pay attention to the most important part of the college b-ball season

—said no one who ever laced them up

Great teams have bad games. They can happen in March. Again you don’t seem to understand this. An yes, Virginia wasn’t a great team but it wasn’t the loss to UMBC that did it. Their offense was awful.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost me here. March is what it’s all about

But calling a team great should be based on the whole body of work. Not just games in March. That’s all I’m saying.