• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You'll never guess what franchise is retiring another jersey?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hejduk was a Flames killer throughout his career, that's for sure.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they could go ahead and re-retire all of the Nordiques numbers which were previously retired.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they could go ahead and re-retire all of the Nordiques numbers which were previously retired.

The thing is they don't even recognize the time that players spent playing for the Nordiques - Sakic's banner in the rafters lists only the years he played for the Avalanche.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is they don't even recognize the time that players spent playing for the Nordiques - Sakic's banner in the rafters lists only the years he played for the Avalanche.

forsberg? he had one season under the Nords didnt he?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Imagine the outrage if Paul Stastny goes on to have a jersey retirement worthy career. Imagine seeing #26 in the rafters with Paul instead of Petr.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would fucking fully support when the Quebec Nordiques come back to the NHL that they retire Joe Sakic's Jersey first LOL

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well when you have had as many HOF players as they have..... Man imagine what could have been if they just stuck it out in Quebec one more year.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well when you have had as many HOF players as they have..... Man imagine what could have been if they just stuck it out in Quebec one more year.

they NEVER would have gotten Patrick Roy. the minute they moved to the Avs I knew Roy was going and I knew they would win the cup with him. but being in Quebec it never would have happened and I dont think a cup would have followed that. Avs traded Jocelyn Thibault for him (and others I know) but Jocelyn Thibault... is no Patty Wah

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they NEVER would have gotten Patrick Roy. the minute they moved to the Avs I knew Roy was going and I knew they would win the cup with him. but being in Quebec it never would have happened and I dont think a cup would have followed that. Avs traded Jocelyn Thibault for him (and others I know) but Jocelyn Thibault... is no Patty Wah

Did Roy have a NTC its possible that they could have still traded for him. But even without Patrick Roy they could have had a deep playoff run and saved the franchise.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why the mocking continues...

Avalanche has only one number left to retire after Adam Foote's 52

Hejduk? What about Tanguay? Can I get a Dan Hinote? What about David Aebischer?

Terry Frei... aka, Adrian Dater's "Better Half", aka, "The Bobssey Twins".

I mean, shouldn't Sandis Ozolinch be up there? Valeri Kamensky? What about Adam Deadmarsh? Hell, you could probably hang Adam Deadmarsh himself up there and he wouldn't even know it.. he might even try to sucker punch the Bourque sweater.

What they actually should do is put an Eric Lindros Flyers jersey up in their rafters.

Only if his mom and dad allow it.

Imagine all the jerseys retired!

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did Roy have a NTC its possible that they could have still traded for him. But even without Patrick Roy they could have had a deep playoff run and saved the franchise.

I think that was more directed at the fact that the Habs would never have traded one of the best goalies in the league to a divisional opponent.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was more directed at the fact that the Habs would never have traded one of the best goalies in the league to a divisional opponent.

Especially not one from Quebec. To Quebec.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not root for the Dives until they retire Martin Skoula's number

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAN WE TAKE A MOMENT TO RECOGNIZE THAT ROENICK'S # IS RETIRED IN PHOENIX? HOW HAVE I MISSED THIS?! And yes, those capitals were necessary.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because people like to hate on the Av's. They got a winning team right off the bat and didn't "earn" it (which is petty and stupid IMO).

Also, no one cares about Phoenix good or bad.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should clarify the prior post and say that is in reference to the hockey world as a whole and not pointed at any specific posters on this or other sites.

Cheers.