• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You guys ready for some Fitzmagic!

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one in the world except the fans, thought we'd be defending division champs.
Everyone is counting us out again, I'm not expecting a lot right now, but i do believe Riverboat is thinking
that in the next 2 years, we will be playing in a conference championship game

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys hired Dan Quinn and Dak is healthy.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't it jump when we signed Heinicke?

Because Heinicke has started all of 2 games?
He’s an unknown, whereas FitzMagic is a known.

If the WFT signed any of the available vets, I’m sure their odds would improve. Alex Smith was done and is done. Mariotts, Winston, Darnold, Newton, Trubisky, etc etc would all be improvements from Alrx Smith due to the fact that they all have two working legs.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While a very catchy moniker, Fitzpatrick (Fitzmagic) as a starter is 59-86-1. So unless his new team plans to bring him off the bench the "magic" part completely disappears.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Sty, he was on some pretty shitty teams.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but good teams wouldn't sign him to be anything more than a backup. He's been in the league for 17 years while giving his services to 9 different teams, that's a very difficult thing to do... UNLESS... his hype and occasional impressive moment has been enough to convince enough people that he's real and not the fools gold that he's actually been.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOFer because longevity, durability.

This generations' Jeff George.
Fitz ain't no Jeff George. That's a terrible comparison. For one thing, players like Fitz. And while George had crazy arm talent. He wasn't anything close to a leader. Speaking of players liking Fitz. I think Chase Young is gonna absolutely love Fitz. If the Skins end up having a good season, Chase n Fitzmagic are gonna be real popular with the media.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but good teams wouldn't sign him to be anything more than a backup. He's been in the league for 17 years while giving his services to 9 different teams, that's a very difficult thing to do... UNLESS... his hype and occasional impressive moment has been enough to convince enough people that he's real and not the fools gold that he's actually been.
Look at it like this. I wanted Watson and so did you. I wanted him bad and so did you, but it didn't work out. And you know we couldn't go into the season with just Heiney and Allen so.........

Would you rather have Fitz have a shitty year with his 1 year/10 million dollar contract. Or.....

Would you you rather have Darnold have a shitty year after trading for him, possibly even multiple picks and after he signs a multiyear contract with a guaranteed amount of money that's triple or more than the 10 million Fitz is gonna get. Or...

Would you rather trade for or sign in FA MM and he has a shitty year. After he and the Skins renegotiate his contract and now he's on a multiyear, deal with a lot more guaranteed money than 10 million dollars.

I think all 3 including signing Fitz is a questionable move with some risk, but Fitz is by far the lowest risk and imo can bring the best results. Cuz despite what his W/L record as a starter might be. I think he's a better QB than both Darnold and MM. And if the Skins defense is half as good as so many seem to think (cuz I hear everyone from posters here both Skins fans n fans of other teams, as well as talking heads rave about the Skins defense) The Skins should be alright. And by alright I mean winners of double digit games in 2021.

Or they could've just signed Andy Dalton and called it a wrap.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I'd check this. Fitz only started every game in a season three times. His teams' records in the games he didn't start: 29-52. So 59-86-1 maybe isn't so bad.

At his last three stops (Miami, Tampa, Jets) his teams were 26-32 when he started and 14-28 when he didn't.

So yes, he was on bad teams.

He can get an offense hopping sometimes, and pull a rabbit out of a hat sometimes, but usually not late in a game. He's not going to turn losses into wins very often, but he can usually keep a team close.

And people will scream WTF more often with Fitz throwing the ball than with a guy like Mariota, so there's that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at it like this. I wanted Watson and so did you. I wanted him bad and so did you, but it didn't work out. And you know we couldn't go into the season with just Heiney and Allen so.........

Would you rather have Fitz have a shitty year with his 1 year/10 million dollar contract. Or.....

Would you you rather have Darnold have a shitty year after trading for him, possibly even multiple picks and after he signs a multiyear contract with a guaranteed amount of money that's triple or more than the 10 million Fitz is gonna get. Or...

Would you rather trade for or sign in FA MM and he has a shitty year. After he and the Skins renegotiate his contract and now he's on a multiyear, deal with a lot more guaranteed money than 10 million dollars.

I think all 3 including signing Fitz is a questionable move with some risk, but Fitz is by far the lowest risk and imo can bring the best results. Cuz despite what his W/L record as a starter might be. I think he's a better QB than both Darnold and MM. And if the Skins defense is half as good as so many seem to think (cuz I hear everyone from posters here both Skins fans n fans of other teams, as well as talking heads rave about the Skins defense) The Skins should be alright. And by alright I mean winners of double digit games in 2021.

I'll take another option not presented.

NO__ To Darnold

NO__ To MM

Hell NO__ To Dalton

The signing of Fitzpatrick was a good thing. That said, he won't take a snap in D.C. There's more to this story than is currently being told. Stay patient.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this is an absolutely amazing post. Agreed 100%.

changed my mind, in any case...

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. 5 QBR last year ... that is not washed up.

I like the move and have been asking for this for awhile. Of course it is a bridge move. What did you want them to do. They weren't going to pay the asking price for Stafford. If they weren't going to pay that price for Stafford they certainly weren't going to pay for Watson.

$10 million for a journeyman QB is chump change these days.

They will do more than throw the ball to the LOS. He won't be working on his brand. His brand is his style of play. He is going to help the team win some games and he will have a game or two where he throws a stinker. He could have years left. He is 5 years younger than Brady. LOL

They didn't give up any picks, they didn't over spend. You wanted Darnold, Mariota or Tribusky instead?

Now go get him a WR, LB and CB in the draft.

The beard is here .... FitzMagic. :thumb:
I’m coming around on this move also. It makes a lotta sense and cost very little money. Don’t be surprised if they take a QB in the first few rounds, maybe even in the 1st with a trade up. What happens if we get to the 13th pick and Fields or lance are still on the board? this move would allow Fitz to play this year and act as a mentor to a young QB. Hell, this is what some have been clamoring for for years. Giving a young player a chance to develop without being thrown into the fire on the day after he was picked. And you are right, Fitz will win us some games. The guy has an appeal to him. He is a player’s player. He will take some chances and definitely throws the ball down the field. it’s gonna be exciting, if nothing else.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this move would allow Fitz to play this year and act as a mentor to a young QB.
Same role he had last year, and probably same role he'll have in 2022 on some other team if he still has gas in the tank.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NO__ To Darnold

NO__ To MM

Hell NO__ To Dalton

The signing of Fitzpatrick was a good thing. That said, he won't take a snap in D.C. There's more to this story than is currently being told. Stay patient.

If we're speaking with foresight, are you proposing that he is part of something BIG, or that perhaps he'll be put back on the shelf EARLY?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is how it should be done, one year contracts for no more than 10mill. I like it!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NO__ To Darnold

NO__ To MM

Hell NO__ To Dalton

That's sounds absolutely Qanon-ish. I can't wait. Extra credit if aliens are involved.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m coming around on this move also. It makes a lotta sense and cost very little money. Don’t be surprised if they take a QB in the first few rounds, maybe even in the 1st with a trade up. What happens if we get to the 13th pick and Fields or lance are still on the board? this move would allow Fitz to play this year and act as a mentor to a young QB. Hell, this is what some have been clamoring for for years. Giving a young player a chance to develop without being thrown into the fire on the day after he was picked. And you are right, Fitz will win us some games. The guy has an appeal to him. He is a player’s player. He will take some chances and definitely throws the ball down the field. it’s gonna be exciting, if nothing else.
I think he will be fun .... I think he will make us jump up and cheer an he'll cause a few "Ohhhh no's" too but I think he could be worth 25 TD passes. It seems we were looking at a bridge no matter what and I like a bridge that didn't cost any players or draft picks. It is possible that the WTF will do something QB wise in the draft. I think we would be smart to leave a rookie on the bench to learn and not throw them into a starting position right off. Some of these guys don't have much more time starting in college than DH did.