• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You guys into Moral victories?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't moral victories what losers use to make themselves feel better about losing?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering how the D will view the game. They really stepped up in the second half, where seattle could of pushed it to a 3 score game. So thats positive. But on the other hand, they got run over in the OT period. Seattle scored relatively easily.

I think the defense can feel pretty good about the game even with the OT that happened. Right now the team is still feeling things out with this unit. There are 9 new starters on defense that did not play in the Super Bowl. That is a lot of change that just takes time. Throw in really our defensive captain has yet to play a game (Trevathan has been the leader of this defense for quite some time now). From what I have seen from the defense a lot of the issues have nothing to do with talent but just miscommunications. There was one 3rd down play that Irving ended up getting in the way of Harris taking him out of the play for an easy pass for Wilson. Irving was not in the right place and is why Harris wasn't looking for him to be in the way. These are small things that they can clear up.

Heck even the big play for the touchdown in the 2nd quarter it wasn't like Talib was out of position. He jumped wrong on the play but otherwise that is a possible pick for him and a big game-changing play. So the Broncos just had a few mistakes here and there that cost them in this one. I think they can feel good moving forward especially on the defensive side of the ball. They should only get better. Most Bronco fans that I have talked to knew the Broncos defense would struggle some here early on getting injured players back up to full speed and just communication issues. Each week they have gotten a little better so I expect even bigger things moving forward.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's just me but I felt that Seattle's D let up on the gas in the 4th quarter
And it didn't help that Denver got the safety on Seattle

If Seattle's D kept playing like they were playing through the first 3 quarters this game doesn't sniff OT
Seattle wins by 10+ points

Yes Denver's D looked improved but they needed to stop Seattle on the OT drive and Seattle marched 80 yards down the field in a methodical easy fashion for the TD and win

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's just me but I felt that Seattle's D let up on the gas in the 4th quarter
And it didn't help that Denver got the safety on Seattle

If Seattle's D kept playing like they were playing through the first 3 quarters this game doesn't sniff OT
Seattle wins by 10+ points

Yes Denver's D looked improved but they needed to stop Seattle on the OT drive and Seattle marched 80 yards down the field in a methodical easy fashion for the TD and win

I thnk seattle turnng the ball over really gave denver teir shot of life....had wilson ran the ball three times and punted i dont think denver would of figured it out. But giving them the short field off the int gave them e momentum. I still thnk seattle throws too much some times.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe in moral victories in sports if they lead to actual victories later on. For example, if WSU can learn and build off their game with Oregon and use that as a lesson in not turning the ball over and having sound fundamentals: The moral victory matters.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH, the Broncos D should've been gassed by OT, but that was an epic collapse.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't moral victories what losers use to make themselves feel better about losing?

Yes. I believe that is the definition.

If it isn't, it's still what I do from September thru the end of December. (Sometimes. But other times its just straight up asswhippin's I take as a fan.)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
63-36-3 as a starter. That's a lotta Morrall victories!

Lions shoulda never let him leave....

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually do, especially if it's early in the season. So let's say if the Raiders turn their season around (I know :pound: I'm trying to see it too) then I'd consider the Pats game a moral victory. I'd consider the Broncos loss in Seattle one, too.

I don't think it means jackshit in the playoffs, though.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver to come back and tie the game and send it to overtime. defiantly a moral victory

AshyLarry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't like the term tbh. I mean you learn from losses just like you learn from wins.

For example with the bronco's.

I feel like a fan or player can go back and realize they have way more speed on defense now, and the Super Bowl (even though I still think Seattle was the better team) was a fluke a bit.

I thought the preseason game with pork chop talking about how important the game is was beyond stupid (like Peyton said beating the Seahawks now doesn't change the Super Bowl).

However I think Bronco's fans can look at their weaknesses (your guys center sucks balls), and then look where you have improved (way more speed on defense to go along with that strong interior) and look to build on that next week.

Should be proud of your team, but you shouldn't be satisfied with a loss.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to be ok with moral victories, Earl Morrall that is.....lol
SI.jpg

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns have played 3 games so far this year, all against possible playoff contenders, and all 3 games were decided by a field goal in the closing seconds of the game.

Good sign that they are playing tight games with decent competition. Unfortunately, they are 1-2, so they need to step it up another notch to get over the "competitive" hump and get to a winning culture.

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe there are any moral victories in the NFL as the NFL has no morals.

Recent press details NFL douchebags. :L

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Raider fan, all I have is Moral victories.

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moral victories are huge...they let you know where you stand as a competitor.

Even Seattle subscribed to that theory, saying their loss in the GA Dome in the playoffs is what fueled the title run next year.

Swamp Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting weekend for my rooting interests. Saturday night my WSU cougs nearly toppled #2 Oregon, lost by 7 and a blatantly missed PI call that helped the ducks stop WSU from tieing.

Then the Hawks game sunday. Denver didn't back down, and even made a big come back only to lose in OT.

Two different scenarios, WSU was punching above their weight class, while Denver proved it wasn't 35 points worse then Seattle this year....

Moral Victories???
Well wazzu fans gotta take their victories where they can get them