• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You guys into Moral victories?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting weekend for my rooting interests. Saturday night my WSU cougs nearly toppled #2 Oregon, lost by 7 and a blatantly missed PI call that helped the ducks stop WSU from tieing.

Then the Hawks game sunday. Denver didn't back down, and even made a big come back only to lose in OT.

Two different scenarios, WSU was punching above their weight class, while Denver proved it wasn't 35 points worse then Seattle this year....

Moral Victories???

HallofFame

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, any measure of improvement is a sign your teams are headed in the right direction. Keep it going.

Deacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moral victories only have meaning inside your head.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was no moral victory yesterday. Texans morally got their ass kicked.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fan of moral victoires? Yes...I'm a damn Browns fan!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WSU...yes...you always want the win, but being realistic...it's not a level playing field in terms of the talent.

DEN...no...any knowledgeable NFL fan knows SEA is not 35 points better than ANY other NFL team...one game, it can happen...game in game out the draft and FA pretty much ensures that won't happen.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol,...a lot of pepto-bismol was passed around if you had either team on your weekly-pickem [here]with less than a minute left/eventual O.T.,.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think how you lose matters.... Yeah a loss is a loss, and people argue it doesn't matter if you lose by one or by 28.... BS! When you battle and give yourself a chance you can feel better about a loss... I hate losing when you don't even have a chance... so how you lose matters even though a loss is still a loss... It's about pride and the heart you show battling out there...

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they say there are no such things as moral victories, but I think there are. I think the Giants playing the Patriots tough in the final game of the 07 season was a huge confidence boost for them. They knew they could play with the best team in the NFL, and if they made one or two more plays, could beat them. I definitely believe that was a factor.

Then last week the Chiefs come into Denver with no one giving them a chance and had a really good shot at sending that game to overtime. I think that was a huge step in the right direction for them, and it showed they are definitely improved from their first week debacle, and they backed that up with a resounding win in Miami yesterday.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's [kinda] never a ''loser'' when the game goes into O.T.,.....*a ''moral'' tie/??*,...m.-op..

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they say there are no such things as moral victories, but I think there are. I think the Giants playing the Patriots tough in the final game of the 07 season was a huge confidence boost for them. They knew they could play with the best team in the NFL, and if they made one or two more plays, could beat them. I definitely believe that was a factor.

Then last week the Chiefs come into Denver with no one giving them a chance and had a really good shot at sending that game to overtime. I think that was a huge step in the right direction for them, and it showed they are definitely improved from their first week debacle, and they backed that up with a resounding win in Miami yesterday.
*yikes*,.....and my pats have to go face K.C. [in K.C.]next Monday-nite, too.....!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be no moral victories for teams as winning should your only goal. But as fans, moral victories can exist. Sometimes your team just sucks for so long its nice to see them just be competetive in a game.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting weekend for my rooting interests. Saturday night my WSU cougs nearly toppled #2 Oregon, lost by 7 and a blatantly missed PI call that helped the ducks stop WSU from tieing.

Then the Hawks game sunday. Denver didn't back down, and even made a big come back only to lose in OT.

Two different scenarios, WSU was punching above their weight class, while Denver proved it wasn't 35 points worse then Seattle this year....

Moral Victories???

No, if you lose fair and square, the only victory is the one with the W......
You can be sure that PM don't care anything about no almost victory, it's win or lose to him, as it should be.
Gallant effort, but no parade...:gaah:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care for moral victories. Yeah, how you lose makes a difference but at the end of the day it's still a loss. In fact, whether it be as a fan or a player, I'd argue that losing a close game feels a hell of a lot worse than getting blown out. If you get blown out it either just really wasn't your day or the other team was that much better. In the latter case there was really nothing you could do, and you can almost laugh it off.

Losing a close game usually means you were there, you had a shot, and you just didn't execute when you needed to. That, to me, is a way worse feeling. Those are the types of games that allow you to analyze what you did wrong, correct it, and do it right the next time. That is NOT a time to just feel good about keeping it close.

HallofFame

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was no moral victory yesterday. Texans morally got their ass kicked.

Perhaps quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick was guilty of looking past the opponent at hand, and chopping at the bit for revenge on this week's opponent who traded him.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care for moral victories. Yeah, how you lose makes a difference but at the end of the day it's still a loss. In fact, whether it be as a fan or a player, I'd argue that losing a close game feels a hell of a lot worse than getting blown out. If you get blown out it either just really wasn't your day or the other team was that much better. In the latter case there was really nothing you could do, and you can almost laugh it off.

Losing a close game usually means you were there, you had a shot, and you just didn't execute when you needed to. That, to me, is a way worse feeling. Those are the types of games that allow you to analyze what you did wrong, correct it, and do it right the next time. That is NOT a time to just feel good about keeping it close.

I think differently about this... I love seeing my team battle until the end even if they lose... I hate being non competitive and getting run over... Yeah I hate losing, but I hate being non competitive even more...

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think differently about this... I love seeing my team battle until the end even if they lose... I hate being non competitive and getting run over... Yeah I hate losing, but I hate being non competitive even more...

I think if a team is less than a double digit underdog and plays it close, but loses then I dont see it as a moral victory. When a team like Oregon is fav by 21 and game goes to wire, then I think its a confidence builder for that team that they compete with the no# 2 team in the country, going toe to toe and can translate well into their next game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as a team the Broncos can view that as a learning experience and draw some confidence that they can play with any team in the league anywhere in the country. I do think the Broncos needed to keep that game at least half way close. Another blow out and I do think it could have began playing some head games with the team that this team just has our number.

The loss still stings but taking the Seahawks into overtime on the road takes just a little out of the sting. Sucks we have to have a bye week though as now have to dwell on the fact that we lost for 2 weeks.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as a team the Broncos can view that as a learning experience and draw some confidence that they can play with any team in the league anywhere in the country. I do think the Broncos needed to keep that game at least half way close. Another blow out and I do think it could have began playing some head games with the team that this team just has our number.

The loss still stings but taking the Seahawks into overtime on the road takes just a little out of the sting. Sucks we have to have a bye week though as now have to dwell on the fact that we lost for 2 weeks.

Wondering how the D will view the game. They really stepped up in the second half, where seattle could of pushed it to a 3 score game. So thats positive. But on the other hand, they got run over in the OT period. Seattle scored relatively easily.