• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You got to give it to the Eagles

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You live in Phoenix. You live further from Philly than probably any other fan on here does from their team. Yet you are the one who brings this up:noidea:. You just don't get the irony and hypocrisy I guess.

Dude, I was born and raised in Philly and lived there for 30 years. Were you born and raised in Dallas and live there for your first 30 years? How is that hypocrisy?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You live 2,300 miles away. You do not live in Philly. If they win a SB you will celebrate alone. You should be a fan of the team you live near. You make up the rules to fit your needs. It's like a merry-go-round with you and this stupid topic. The internet has shrunk the world everywhere but in your mind.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You live 2,300 miles away. You do not live in Philly. If they win a SB you will celebrate alone. You should be a fan of the team you live near. You make up the rules to fit your needs. It's like a merry-go-round with you and this stupid topic. The internet has shrunk the world everywhere but in your mind.

No, I will be at every playoff game, the Super Bowl and the parade down Broad street. I didnt say if you live in Dallas for 50 years and youre a Cowboy/Maverick.Rangers fan and you move to Chicago you now have to root for the Bears and Bulls. That is not even close to what I'm say. Im saying you were born in New York and you should take pride in that. Obviously the Yankees won enough for you but the Giants didnt so you said... Im gonna feel like a real winner now and root for a team that I have ABSOLUTELY zero link to. Corny. Super duper corny. Always has been. Always will be.
During the Eagles game I have tons of my old brothers and best friends texting me and calling me. Do all your friends from Dallas text you during the game. Do you even know anyone from Dallas?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I was born and raised in Philly and lived there for 30 years. Were you born and raised in Dallas and live there for your first 30 years? How is that hypocrisy?

liar

No, I will be at every playoff game, the Super Bowl and the parade down Broad street. I didnt say if you live in Dallas for 50 years and youre a Cowboy/Maverick.Rangers fan and you move to Chicago you now have to root for the Bears and Bulls. That is not even close to what I'm say. Im saying you were born in New York and you should take pride in that. Obviously the Yankees won enough for you but the Giants didnt so you said... Im gonna feel like a real winner now and root for a team that I have ABSOLUTELY zero link to. Corny. Super duper corny. Always has been. Always will be.
During the Eagles game I have tons of my old brothers and best friends texting me and calling me. Do all your friends from Dallas text you during the game. Do you even know anyone from Dallas?

says the Cardinals fan that jumped on the Eagles bandwagon....DERP

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did with the Sixers and Philliea. But I just won't ever understand the concept. You never lived their, you have absolutely zero ties, none of your friends, neighbors or people in YOU'RE city root for them but you do anyway. It's like going to Duke and being a tar Heel fan. I'll never get it.

Then frankly it is your problem...

People choose to root for a team for a whole host of reasons - all of them by themselves pretty much completely legitimate.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we essentially traded Sam Bradford for Derek Barnett and Jay Ajayi????

For next season, Sydney Jones and Jay Ajayi represent our lost 2nd and 3rd rd picks.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, we essentially traded Sam Bradford for Derek Barnett and Jay Ajayi????

For next season, Sydney Jones and Jay Ajayi represent our lost 2nd and 3rd rd picks.
You have to give the Eagles credit for what they have done with some of these moves. Obviously from day 1 the Bradford one was a coup for them. But the value of some of the other trades didn't look great on the day of the trade, but they all seem to look good today. That is how you build a team the right way. Scouting, smart moves and yes, a little luck that your guy falls to you, or the bust you might have taken instead gets picked before you had a chance to take him.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then frankly it is your problem...

People choose to root for a team for a whole host of reasons - all of them by themselves pretty much completely legitimate.

People root for the Cowboys and Lakers for a whole host of reasons. Hahahaha. Funny. It's one reason and one reason only.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why you guys are so consumed with why other fans root for such and such and don't live there and all this other nonsense. It's pretty pathetic when you really think about it. Hell, look at my teams. All over the map and the only one of those cities that I have lived near was Seattle.Hell, I've never even been to Toronto or Boston.
Really, y'all need to get a grip and relax.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People root for teams for various reasons, but the Yankees-Lakers-Cowboys types are always really annoying.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles will flame out in the playoffs. Lmao
VgXCk.gif

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People root for teams for various reasons, but the Yankees-Lakers-Cowboys types are always really annoying.

bandwagon douchebags.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't won shit in two decades +, so IMO anyone calling themselves a Dallas fan right now is a Dallas fan.

I think you'd be surprised.

I really think what most people are upset by is somebody growing up in city X and then rooting for the Cowboys rather than city X's team. It just doesn't make sense, but I think Jerry Seinfeld said it best.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So can't be a Yankee fan either? dope

you can be a fan of whoever you want, but choose 2 or more of Yankees/Cowboys/Lakers and you're a bandwagon douche.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can be a fan of whoever you want, but choose 2 or more of Yankees/Cowboys/Lakers and you're a bandwagon douche.
So your rule allows for being a fan of one good team from outside your home town but not two or three?