• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You give the grade

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOBSTAH!!!!

A friend/coworker is going to do the Appalachian Trail next year from south to north with her husband.
I told her I would meet he at the base of Mt Katahdin for their last day then drive them back to Tennessee.
My selfish reasons to drive to Maine and back...???

LOBSTAH ROLLS!!!!

The plan is she calls when the think they have 3 days left.
I drive to Maine and have a lobstah roll, get a hotel nearish to Katahdin, spend the night.
Get up at the butt crack of dawn, drive to their base camp, load up their gear, hike up, hike down go have lobstah rolls and whoopie pies.
Go back to hotel.
Next day, leave for Mass, stopping only for lobster meat in a top split frankfurter roll. Mmmmmm mmm.
Upon reaching Mass, head straight for Woodman's for fried clams, whole belly.

I shall be full by then but not satiated.

Yeah gotta have the Whoopie Pies can't get them here.

I may need to stop in Rockport to pick up some live lobs and dry ice to boil when I get back to TN.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn allergic to mushrooms that would suck for me I love mushrooms.

I am doing some chicken and beef nachos for the game too Mex food does go great with football.

My Condolences.

My go to for Superbowl snacks...

Home made sloppy joe's a few days prior. Make extra. If the recipe calls (not that canned shit) for a pound of beef, go with an extra half or even full pound and half again or double all other ingredients.
Enjoy on Wednesday or Thursday. On Sunday break out the leftovers, add Velveeta mexican cheese. Add some more.
Nuke, stir, nuke, stir.
Pour on nacho chips or just dip.

If done properly your sinuses will be clear and you will be stepping outside to cool your forehead!!!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A friend/coworker is going to do the Appalachian Trail next year from south to north with her husband.
I told her I would meet he at the base of Mt Katahdin for their last day then drive them back to Tennessee.
Make sure you tell them to read up on the Trail. My son tried it last year and was hurt pretty bad walking around on a mountain ledge. It was -18 degrees and the ledge gave way and hefell 60 feet. He had to walk out 7.5 miles on a severely sprained ankle to get to a secondary road. He walked another 2 miles before a pickup came by and gave him a ride to Asheville, TN.

Also tell them not have more than 35-37 pounds in their backpack. My son is 6'6" and 250 Lbs. He carried 38 lbs and it was heavy. He had to quit after 3-1/2 weeks because his ankle and back just couldn't take it. He gave up in Roanoke, VA. He came back here, rested for a month and started south in Haqnover, NH. Temps went to near 100 every day and he wqasspend 4-5 hours evey day trying to replenish the three gallons he was drinking to stay hydrated. He made is about 80 miles to Killington Ski area in VT and called me and sked me to pick him up in Hanover in three days. End of Trail adventure. He averaged about 17-18 miles a day.
People think that they can do 30 and expect to reach Maine in 2 months. Plan on 4-5 months unless you are an experienced and knowledgeable mountain climber and hiker.

From Springer Mtn, Georgia to Mt Katahdin, ME is 1725 miles. The trail through the NH White Mtns into Maine is the killer after 1500 miles. The last 75 miles to Katahdin is extremely dangerous because there is no way that anyone can get to a hiker because there are no dirt roads let alone anything resembling a paved road and there is a warning before the end to be absolutely sure that the hiker has everything he needs for 4-7 days, or don't go.

It's not a hike. The start is 5 mountains that must be climbed unless you decide to walk around them. and the Smokies have been having very serious bear problems. Worst rattlesnake areas in the U.S. in Pennsylvania and if you get to Maryland in early spring, expect to slosh through extremely heavy mud. My son wasn't prepared for the worst winter in the Trail's record history and neither were little towns that hikers can get to if they're willing to go 3-5 miles off the trail. The worst problem is the hiker that thinks it's walk on an open trail from GA to ME. They become thieves and beggars.

Best of luck to them.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to make incredible sausage stuffed mushroom caps. Almost a fine turkey stuffing and baked in a butter sauce.

All of a sudden, a mushroom started to taste like a handful of dirty pennies in my mouth.

Seafood closes my throat so I had to give up fish and chips, forget lobstah.

Strawberries turn my arms and back in the BigKen Pimple range....but I still eat a few when it's pick your own time.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to make incredible sausage stuffed mushroom caps. Almost a fine turkey stuffing and baked in a butter sauce.

All of a sudden, a mushroom started to taste like a handful of dirty pennies in my mouth.

Seafood closes my throat so I had to give up fish and chips, forget lobstah.

Strawberries turn my arms and back in the BigKen Pimple range....but I still eat a few when it's pick your own time.
So some of these if not all are new allergies?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slater, Ebner, Gostkowski, Allen, Patterson.

Without knowing much about the Rams ST, and knowing what a premium BB puts on ST, I will give the edge to the Pats.

I think the Rams kicker is a beast and Gostowski always makes me nervous before extra points.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOBSTAH!!!!

LOBSTAH ROLLS!!!!

The plan is she calls when the think they have 3 days left.
I drive to Maine and have a lobstah roll, get a hotel nearish to Katahdin, spend the night.
Get up at the butt crack of dawn, drive to their base camp, load up their gear, hike up, hike down go have lobstah rolls and whoopie pies.
Go back to hotel.
Next day, leave for Mass, stopping only for lobster meat in a top split frankfurter roll. Mmmmmm mmm.
Upon reaching Mass, head straight for Woodman's for fried clams, whole belly.

I shall be full by then but not satiated.

I may need to stop in Rockport to pick up some live lobs and dry ice to boil when I get back to TN.

Sounds Great. You're going way up there....

Have fun...

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure you tell them to read up on the Trail. My son tried it last year and was hurt pretty bad walking around on a mountain ledge. It was -18 degrees and the ledge gave way and hefell 60 feet. He had to walk out 7.5 miles on a severely sprained ankle to get to a secondary road. He walked another 2 miles before a pickup came by and gave him a ride to Asheville, TN.

Also tell them not have more than 35-37 pounds in their backpack. My son is 6'6" and 250 Lbs. He carried 38 lbs and it was heavy. He had to quit after 3-1/2 weeks because his ankle and back just couldn't take it. He gave up in Roanoke, VA. He came back here, rested for a month and started south in Haqnover, NH. Temps went to near 100 every day and he wqasspend 4-5 hours evey day trying to replenish the three gallons he was drinking to stay hydrated. He made is about 80 miles to Killington Ski area in VT and called me and sked me to pick him up in Hanover in three days. End of Trail adventure. He averaged about 17-18 miles a day.
People think that they can do 30 and expect to reach Maine in 2 months. Plan on 4-5 months unless you are an experienced and knowledgeable mountain climber and hiker.

From Springer Mtn, Georgia to Mt Katahdin, ME is 1725 miles. The trail through the NH White Mtns into Maine is the killer after 1500 miles. The last 75 miles to Katahdin is extremely dangerous because there is no way that anyone can get to a hiker because there are no dirt roads let alone anything resembling a paved road and there is a warning before the end to be absolutely sure that the hiker has everything he needs for 4-7 days, or don't go.

It's not a hike. The start is 5 mountains that must be climbed unless you decide to walk around them. and the Smokies have been having very serious bear problems. Worst rattlesnake areas in the U.S. in Pennsylvania and if you get to Maryland in early spring, expect to slosh through extremely heavy mud. My son wasn't prepared for the worst winter in the Trail's record history and neither were little towns that hikers can get to if they're willing to go 3-5 miles off the trail. The worst problem is the hiker that thinks it's walk on an open trail from GA to ME. They become thieves and beggars.

Best of luck to them.

Yes, that's why they are taking the next year and a half preparing. They actually started last summer prepping for a 2020 hike. She will be taking 6 months leave to do this, and hopes to be done by mid September.
They have been doing longer and longer hikes with ever increasing weights and even just wearing 40 pound vests during the day all day to get used to it even though they plan on carrying 30 lbs. And ounces make pounds...

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds Great. You're going way up there....

Have fun...

I did 6 days worth of the AT to the top of Katahdin back in '84.
This time I will drive to their last camp and just go up the mountain with a back pack full of lunch, water and maybe a raincoat.

Then I will drive back.

If she wasn't a good friend...fuck it I'd still go just for the excuse for lobster...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some of these if not all are new allergies?

Naahh Strawberries since forever.

Always with seafood. I used to eat fired haddock but the doc said that as I got older feeling my throat thickening closed might be too late and if I didn't have an Epi pen, it would be lights out.

Mushrooms started when I was about 55. Doc said I most likely always had the allergy but my body has become less tolerant and more sensitive with age.

Commit suicide eating baked haddock in a mushroom gravy. Never make it to the strawberry shortcake.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team Offense

Rams or Pats

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team Offense

Rams or Pats

Rams offense is pretty much a 'downfield' passing offense that tries to set up with the running game.Ifthe patriots can bottle up Gurley, McVay will attempt to use CJ Anderson. If the running game does not work, Goff will be forced to air it out. That will play into the patriots favor because the patriots' defense intends to whack the WRs at the line of scrimmage and upset the timig of the routes. The Rams WRs are not big and we know that Brandin Cooks cannot take a hit. Flash back to the Super Bowl last year when he got smacked early by an Eagle safety (forgot his name) and Cooks stood on the sideline for the remainder of the game.

We know what the patriotsoffense can do. If Sony Michel can have anything close to the game he had against KC or the Chargers, it will be a tough evening for the Rams defense. Coleman is young and fast but he's susceptable when a WR is a good route runner. He's also a bit of a dirty player and his hit in the Saints game has put an LED light on him. We know Aqib Talib. He tough and physical but he not the same CB that he was in TB or NE or even Denver. Coleman should keep age comments to hiumself.

The Patriots offense is much more versitile, especially the secret weapon ...... James White

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flash back to the Super Bowl last year when he got smacked early by an Eagle safety (forgot his name) and Cooks stood on the sideline for the remainder of the game.

He was relieved of his consciousness for a period of time.

KTFO.

That has an affect on ones ability to play.
Rules n shit.

But yeah, he is not a tough guy.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's you give the grade

California Sushi Roll or Maine Lobster Roll

IMG_6318-1024x682.jpg
maine_lobster_roll_chives.jpg

I have not had a lobster roll in many years. This post was very cruel.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB is a no brainer advantage NE.

Oline, I heard a stat Brady has been hit 3xs in 90 dropbacks. Advantage NE.

WR this is tough. LA has the burners and Cooks has played amazing since joining them. NE has their sneaky quick white guys to go with Dorsett and Patterson. Expirence plays into this. Slightest advantage to NE.

RB 4 is greater than 2. But CJ and Gurley less a couple weeks have been beasts. I love the 4 headed monster but slight advantage to LA.

TE don't make me throw you out of the club. Advantage NE.

I'm liking the way this is shaping up for NE.