• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You give the grade

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each day or other day I will post a match up Pats vs Rams you grade the match up as to who holds the advantage and why you feel that way. Just to help kill two weeks.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's Matchup:

Rams D- Line
vs
Pats O -line

Who holds the edge and why?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's Matchup:

Rams D- Line
vs
Pats O -line

Who holds the edge and why?
This is a harder call than it seems. Donald and Suh alone should give advantage to the Rams but the way the Pats build a system around what players do best rather than asking players to do things they may not do well. It's also why some great players don't work with the Pats, their great strengths can't be incorporated into the system.

Also, rating the oline without factoring in the impact of Gronk and Devlin wouldn't score the true intent of what the line does, blocking. I give the edge in blocking to the Pats by virtue of the complete job with scheming and added elements to complete the entire task of blocking on runs and pass protection.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a harder call than it seems. Donald and Suh alone should give advantage to the Rams but the way the Pats build a system around what players do best rather than asking players to do things they may not do well. It's also why some great players don't work with the Pats, their great strengths can't be incorporated into the system.

Also, rating the oline without factoring in the impact of Gronk and Devlin wouldn't score the true intent of what the line does, blocking. I give the edge in blocking to the Pats by virtue of the complete job with scheming and added elements to complete the entire task of blocking on runs and pass protection.
Well is the Pats are using TEs as blockers then I think you are right to include that.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats O-Line.

Scar.
Trent Brown.
I was thinking Trent Brown when I made the comment about using a player's strength in the system. He has been stepping back, letting rushers almost get to Brady, then pushing them either under or over Brady using the rushers momentum against them. It keeps him from being beat either left or right, and let's face it, who's gonna bull rush Trent?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On talent, Rams easily.

On recent play, a push. The Pats OL has dominated two pretty good groups the last two weeks. But Donald is the best defensive player on the planet at the moment and Suh, Brockers, and Fowler have all been good, too.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On talent, Rams easily.

On recent play, a push. The Pats OL has dominated two pretty good groups the last two weeks. But Donald is the best defensive player on the planet at the moment and Suh, Brockers, and Fowler have all been good, too.

I tend to lean this way too. I feel the Pats can scheme better b/c they know this is an area they may struggle, ie quick screens, balanced offense but talent wise I feel the Rams D-Line is the better group.

NorEEzta

Behold: A Pale Horse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew going into the season that the Patriots would have a running game? Now that we have one, I would hate to get away from it because of the matchup.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see BB staying with what we've seen the last couple weeks. A run heavy to set up the screen, wheel or passing routes. The two TE set with Develin in the backfield is a match up nightmare now that NE has shown Devlin to be a pretty good receiver. I think Brady gets sacked a couple times and gets more pressure than we've seen the past few weeks but not enough to throw him off his game like the NYG of Von Miller and Co, have done in the past. Having said that combined with Brady's quick release and assuming the Oline plays like they have been, I grade this a push. The Oline has become a strength of this team.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each day or other day I will post a match up Pats vs Rams you grade the match up as to who holds the advantage and why you feel that way. Just to help kill two weeks.

I don't know the Rams so I won't take part.I will read however.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it appears based on the limited input we have a toss or tie.

Rams D line vs Pats Oline: Toss

Today we grade Pats D Line vs Rams Oline

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper it is clearly the Rams.
However the way the Pats have protected Brady the past two weeks has been insane. 0 sacks in two playoff games. With one game against the NFLs # sack team.

I think NE keeps Brady fairly clean again. By using a combo of TEs and Devlin. I really want to be a homer and take NE but I have to give this one to the Rambs by the slightest of margins. 55/45. Or Rambs B+ NE B-

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it appears based on the limited input we have a toss or tie.

Rams D line vs Pats Oline: Toss

Today we grade Pats D Line vs Rams Oline

The Rams are not a very good (23rd in the league) run defense and that seems odd since with such an explosive offense many teams were playing catch up football and passing a lot.

Edge NE

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams OL is quite good overall...the tackles are excellent and the guards are better than they get credit for, but the center John Sullivan isn't anywhere near as good as he used to be. Malcom Brown might be the pending FA we really want to see have a career day. That said if I'm Flores I'm not hesitating to line Flowers up over Sullivan any time they really want to get up in Goff's face, either. They're really good blocking in the run game, too. The Pats front 7 is going to have to be super disciplined in their run fits and tackling. I'm giving a solid edge to the Rams OL here, but the Pats DL is still capable of winning the day if they're really on their game.