• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You are the owner. How do you rebuild?

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
find a star... with the attitude like Russell Westbrook.... get 8 more of him all different sizes and you wnt loose

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
find a star... with the attitude like Russell Westbrook.... get 8 more of him all different sizes and you wnt loose
You'd have to trade 4 of them by midseason. Give me 8 Russell Wilsons

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a good case study would be the Raiders. How would you rebuild them?

GM...I think he's actually a good football guy who cut his teeth in personnel with a good organization (Packers). He's made a few bad FA moves trying for the quick fix...his high draft picks have not been terrible imo. That said because the team has been struggling with his players, he would not be hiring the new HC and he would need to be able to mesh well scheme wise with the new HC and having played the game I would think he would be able to do that. If not...new GM.

HC...if Gruden would take the job...you're hired, can you start tomorrow! Else...I like the young guy in Stanford...runs a semi-pro style OFC, should be able to relate to the modern players.

OFC...this has been the major problem...no sense keeping McFadden with a ground game as bad as this. When you can't run, your OG play cannot be good...rookie @ LG, okay got some growing pains most likely...gotta review RG via FA to get some stability.

OT...Penn is noted to be solid @ LT...and a youngster at RT...I would leave this alone.

WR...Holmes I like...Jones I don't, not as the #2...would be looking to get a fat slot to go with Holmes, and I might look at trading for Vjax for a short term fix @ the #2.

DEF...I like the young LBs, but the DL guys Tuck is getting old and Smith is getting old...and I would want to upgrade both S spots, and one of the CBs.

Lot to do, but a 2 yr project with the right HC should get that ship turned around.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking about the Bears here?

:10:

Titans have been one of the worst-drafting teams in the league for the last decade and it sure shows. :mad2:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GM...I think he's actually a good football guy who cut his teeth in personnel with a good organization (Packers). He's made a few bad FA moves trying for the quick fix...his high draft picks have not been terrible imo. That said because the team has been struggling with his players, he would not be hiring the new HC and he would need to be able to mesh well scheme wise with the new HC and having played the game I would think he would be able to do that. If not...new GM.

HC...if Gruden would take the job...you're hired, can you start tomorrow! Else...I like the young guy in Stanford...runs a semi-pro style OFC, should be able to relate to the modern players.

OFC...this has been the major problem...no sense keeping McFadden with a ground game as bad as this. When you can't run, your OG play cannot be good...rookie @ LG, okay got some growing pains most likely...gotta review RG via FA to get some stability.

OT...Penn is noted to be solid @ LT...and a youngster at RT...I would leave this alone.

WR...Holmes I like...Jones I don't, not as the #2...would be looking to get a fat slot to go with Holmes, and I might look at trading for Vjax for a short term fix @ the #2.

DEF...I like the young LBs, but the DL guys Tuck is getting old and Smith is getting old...and I would want to upgrade both S spots, and one of the CBs.

Lot to do, but a 2 yr project with the right HC should get that ship turned around.
You forgot about the QB. Raiders aren't going anywhere with a QB average 6.0 YPA. Either Carr gets better or its QB Sweepstakes from somewhere

The other problem the Raiders have is that they are too old at spots for no good reason (*cough* RB *cough*)

That, and the Carson Palmer trade cost them picks for no reason a few years back.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot about the QB. Raiders aren't going anywhere with a QB average 6.0 YPA. Either Carr gets better or its QB Sweepstakes from somewhere

The other problem the Raiders have is that they are too old at spots for no good reason (*cough* RB *cough*)

That, and the Carson Palmer trade cost them picks for no reason a few years back.

Had to get of out the office and start the weekend! Actually I stay with Carr for the duration of his rookie deal and try to surround him with better talent...Shaub would have to take a pay cut to stay but I like him as the backup...the other position I want to see more production from is TE...the Thompson kid is just doing okay, but young.

Yeah...they're too far away from playoff caliber to be paying McFadden that much money...same with MJD. Looking at the contract situation...probably stuck with Howard (OG) and Branch (S) for awhile...hope they can pick up their play.