• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yoan Moncada

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long term Covid, or what?

Moncada is batting .250 - fielding his position exceptionally well, but he is headed to the bottom of the lineup and his base running has been boneheaded. There is very little life to his presence on this White Sox team. There is no way Moncada should be hitting before Robert right now. Steve Stone cracks insinuations on Moncada's effort or focus. If I was Burger - I'd think I'd have shot taking 3rd base away from Moncada.

I thought Jake Burger might be good trade bait this past deadline, but the White Sox kept him for a reason.

For you Chicago guys who like to complain about ball players - have at it.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moncada is batting .250 - fielding his position exceptionally well, but he is headed to the bottom of the lineup and his base running has been boneheaded. There is very little life to his presence on this White Sox team. There is no way Moncada should be hitting before Robert right now. Steve Stone cracks insinuations on Moncada's effort or focus. If I was Burger - I'd think I'd have shot taking 3rd base away from Moncada.

I thought Jake Burger might be good trade bait this past deadline, but the White Sox kept him for a reason.

i think he's been over-rated his whole life. he has another passion (music White Sox star Yoan Moncada releases new music video ) and i think that, while baseball loads him up with lotsa money, he's not all that interested. he has a lot of talent .... i just don't think he cares that much.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll be surprised if he ever meets those “potential mvp” player possibilities at this point. There’s talent…but you can say that about a lot of players. He’s not bad though.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of…I’m kind of happy about this Cesar Hernandez pickup as I feel pretty comfortable with him in the 2 spot. That spot was not good for Moncada or any of the other folks carouseled in there.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of…I’m kind of happy about this Cesar Hernandez pickup as I feel pretty comfortable with him in the 2 spot. That spot was not good for Moncada or any of the other folks carouseled in there.
it'll be interesting to see how the hernandez/madrigal trade looks in 5 years.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Moncada has underperformed more often than not in his career with the Sox to date. But it's one thing to have a fluke hot streak here and there, but an entire season? 2019 to me was no fluke for him. The man has talent. Maybe he needs some additional motivation, maybe it's as Mingo suggested, the after-effects are still lingering from the covid. But I still believe this guy can produce and will do so in the coming seasons.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Moncada has underperformed more often than not in his career with the Sox to date. But it's one thing to have a fluke hot streak here and there, but an entire season? 2019 to me was no fluke for him. The man has talent. Maybe he needs some additional motivation, maybe it's as Mingo suggested, the after-effects are still lingering from the covid. But I still believe this guy can produce and will do so in the coming seasons.
ever the optimist. :suds:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still believe Moncada finds it, at some point. He's too talented not to. However, it may not be this year. His 2019 was fantastic. He also started very hot before COVID in the shortened year last season. He sure as hell has not come back to life, though.

I like Burger enough, but he didn't do enough to totally sell me that he's going to be a success as an everyday 3B. He may be, for sure. I just don't really know.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still believe Moncada finds it, at some point. He's too talented not to. However, it may not be this year. His 2019 was fantastic. He also started very hot before COVID in the shortened year last season. He sure as hell has not come back to life, though.

I like Burger enough, but he didn't do enough to totally sell me that he's going to be a success as an everyday 3B. He may be, for sure. I just don't really know.

Considering he had COVID prior to season’s start last year, the hot start is more of a knock that he didn’t figure it out despite it being proven possible and possibly won’t ever find it….

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I don’t want to pound down too hard on Moncada because he ain’t like horrible…but if you are seen as underproducing and not living up to expectations while spending most of your career batting between TA and Abreu…What are you when not provided such talent around you?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I don’t want to pound down too hard on Moncada because he ain’t like horrible…but if you are seen as underproducing and not living up to expectations while spending most of your career batting between TA and Abreu…What are you when not provided such talent around you?
overrated!