• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yawn

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously can't watch this boring shit anymore.

These guys come up there and go up and down on

FOUR FUCKING PITCHES.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I post one of these rants, the Reds make me look bad about 1 inning later.

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are about four and a half guys on this team who can hit. The rest are hacks. Luckily those four and half guys have been pulling their weight the past couple of games. I do think Votto has been seeing better pitches in the two hole. He's been raking since the switch from third to second. I wonder if the Reds shouldn't seriously consider riding Heisey as the leadoff hitter for a while. Not that he's going to lead the league in OBP, but he beats the hell out of the alternative. It's obvious that Hamilton can't hit MLB pitching. He's in well over his head. I know Hamilton being reduced to a bench role could damage his psyche, but his inability to hit is killing the team. We keep waiting for him to get hot, but besides that one Cardinals game, he's been ice cold. You have to think that Bruce will come around at some point. When/if he does, I think we could see a serious uptick in offensive output assuming Frazier and Mesoraco keep hitting. Now, if only Leake could play shortstop on his off-days...

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Broxton is the slowest pitcher in big-league history.

Bernadina is a hack. It's hard to believe Schumaker could be better.
Reds bench is lame again this year.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expectations may be a problem here.

I think the quick hook on Hamilton is a mistake. I do believe he needs a hitting coach to coax less flyballs out if him. He's not Pete Rose...he's a .240-.250 hitter at best right now, but can do a lot more damage at that moderate pace than anyone without power. Realistically, no reason Heisey shouldn't see semi- regular time splitting with all the OF, while none are producing at needed rate, and hes hitting...but he's a 4th OF over time, IMO.

Bruce is the real missing hitter the Reds need most right now. Cozart is struggling badly, but isn't a guy that is expected to bear an offensive load. IMO, Ludwick isn't up to the expectations his contract suggests.
Mesoraco looks like he's got a clue right now, and Votto is getting back in the groove. Frazier isn't the cleanup hitter we need, but Bruce is just a zero right now.