• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yardbarker: Team most likely to win each College Football conference division

Do you agree with the Conference Picks?

• Total voters

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Information (via Yardbarker)
www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/team_most_likely_to_win_each_college_football_conference_division/s1__21573514

AAC EAST: South Florida - South Florida is neck-and-neck with Cincinnati in the AAC East. The Bulls had a huge turnaround last season, finishing 8-5 behind sophomore quarterback Quinton Flowers. They hope to take another step forward this season.
AAC West: Houston - The Cougars are the overwhelming favorites to win the West and the entire American Athletic Conference. Quarterback Greg Ward Jr. returns as a legitimate Heisman candidate.
ACC Atlantic: Clemson - Clemson gets the edge over Florida State in the Atlantic Division, though the teams square off in Tallahassee this season. The Tigers were undefeated during the regular season last year. Louisville is also a dark horse for the division.
ACC Coastal: Miami - Many expect new coach Mark Richt to make significant progress with the Hurricanes in his first season, and winning the division is a possibility given North Carolina's personnel losses. Quarterback Brad Kaaya is a legitimate Heisman prospect and could help the jump. Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech are also in the conversation.
Big 12: Oklahoma - The Sooners have a brutal schedule, but they're still the class of the Big 12 after making the College Football Playoff last season. TCU and Baylor have seen major losses, personnel and otherwise, with Oklahoma State having a lot of ground to cover to catch up to its in-state rival. Oklahoma's conference opener at TCU could be key.
Big Ten East: Ohio State - The brutal East is almost a coin flip between Ohio State and Michigan this season and could be decided by their heated matchup in the last game of the regular season. The Buckeyes' continuity at quarterback with J.T. Barrett returning could be the difference. Michigan State also can't be counted out.
Big Ten West: Iowa - Iowa is hoping to repeat its division win behind quarterback C.J. Beathard, though Nebraska and Wisconsin are viable challengers. The Hawkeyes' path is much more difficult this season, with games at Penn State and against Michigan.
Conference USA East: Marshall - Marshall has three 10-win seasons in a row but finished two games behind undefeated Western Kentucky in the East last season. With quarterback Brandon Doughty gone from Western Kentucky, the prospects for Marshall look much better, especially with quarterback Chase Litton having one year under his belt.
Conference USA West: Southern Mississippi - Southern Miss had a huge turnaround in 2015, going from 3-9 to 9-5 and claiming the West. With Jeff Driskel gone at Louisiana Tech, the Golden Eagles look even better to win the division.
MAC East: Bowling Green - The defending East champion, Bowling Green allowed the third fewest points in the MAC last season and had the top offense after finishing 7-1 in conference. Its biggest competitors will likely be Ohio and Akron again.
MAC West: Western Michigan - There was a four-way tie atop the West last season between Northern Illinois, Western Michigan, Toledo and Central Michigan at 6-2. The return of quarterback Zach Terrell for his senior season could give Western Michigan the edge.
MWC Mountain: Boise State - After a down year for Boise State in 2015, the Broncos are widely considered the heavy favorites in the Mountain West Conference this season behind young quarterback Brett Rypien. Air Force, the defending champion of the division, likely stands as their stiffest competition.
MWC West: San Diego State - The Aztecs went 8-0 in conference last season, allowing only 90 points. Their ball control offense and strong defense should challenge for the conference title.
PAC 12 North: Washington - The North division is nearly a coin flip between Washington and Stanford. The Huskies went 4-5 in the Pac-12 last season but are expected to make a big jump with young stars Jake Browning and Myles Gaskin having a full year under their belts. Stanford, on the other hand, has to overcome the loss of four-year starting quarterback Kevin Hogan.
PAC 12 South: UCLA - Last season was an investment for the Bruins, starting true freshman Josh Rosen at quarterback. They hope he makes a huge jump in his sophomore season, and the personnel turnover at USC, Utah and Arizona State make a South title well within reach.
SEC East: Tennessee - The Volunteers are strong favorites to win the East over Georgia and Florida. Tennessee's three conference losses last season were by a combined 10 points, and the Volunteers return most of their key players.
SEC West: Alabama - Even with turnover at several key positions, including quarterback and running back, the Crimson Tide is easily the favorite to win the West again. As has been the case recently, Nick Saban's biggest competition will likely be LSU and Ole Miss.
Sun Belt: Arkansas State - Arkansas State, Appalachian State and Georgia Southern are nearly a toss-up to win the Sun Belt, as they were last season. Arkansas State's offense led the team to an 8-0 conference record last season, but there's some concern the losses of quarterback Fredi Knighten and running back Michael Gordon will open the door for another conference champ.
Independence: Notre Dame - The Fighting Irish went 10-3 with a tough loss to Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl, however no surprise here that they will most likely take the Independence over again this 2016 season with 2 Dual-Power QB's.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard of Bobbarker. But not Yardbarker.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In not so sure for Washington out of the North in the PAC, but anything could happen.

And I just can't buy Tennessee in the SEC East because they have been so hyped lately and keep falling flat. I won't start buying til they start living up to the hype.

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I just can't buy Tennessee in the SEC East because they have been so hyped lately and keep falling flat. I won't start buying til they start living up to the hype.
I agree, in my opinion I don't see Tennessee finishing in the Top 15 this season they just have too much hype towards them, no prove yet that they are going to be a playoff-worthy team.

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, in my opinion I don't see Tennessee finishing in the Top 15 this season they just have too much hype towards them, no prove yet that they are going to be a playoff-worthy team.
Let's just see how they do on Week 1.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having nearly 90 recruits the last three years has everyone all lathered up