• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

yankees buy dice-k JR

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always wanted to see Sizemore in a Red Sox uniform, but I would have been a lot more excited about this five years ago. Worth a gamble I suppose (especially with the Sox OF depth), and it's "only" $750K. I'd be ecstatic if he plays in the majors again. Anything else is a bonus.

Was a really fun player to watch in Cleveland.

Before he got hurt, he was kind of a Jacoby Ellsbury guy, just with a bit more power, and less speed. What he is now.....?

Risk/reward.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before he got hurt, he was kind of a Jacoby Ellsbury guy, just with a bit more power, and less speed. What he is now.....?

Risk/reward.

Ehh, not really. Sizemore wasn't the contact hitter that Ellsbury is. Sizemore strikes out a lot more, but he drew plenty of walks to post high OBPs. Despite having a BA almost 30 points lower, Sizemore still has a higher career OBP. Sizemore had more power and was a very good baserunner, though not quite as good as Ellsbury.

Sizemore was easily one of the best players in the AL (if not MLB) for a while. Probably should have won MVP in '06, though Mauer and Jeter had pretty good cases themselves.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh, not really. Sizemore wasn't the contact hitter that Ellsbury is. Sizemore strikes out a lot more, but he drew plenty of walks to post high OBPs. Despite having a BA almost 30 points lower, Sizemore still has a higher career OBP. Sizemore had more power and was a very good baserunner, though not quite as good as Ellsbury.

Sizemore was easily one of the best players in the AL (if not MLB) for a while. Probably should have won MVP in '06, though Mauer and Jeter had pretty good cases themselves.

Well,........................., Mauer anyway...................:lol:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,........................., Mauer anyway...................:lol:

Regardless, there were at least several guys that were more deserving than Morneau. Morneau had a very nice season, but I have a hard time believing a 1B with a lower wOBA than a catcher is the more valuable player.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince Young has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, David Barron of the Houston Chronicle reported on Wednesday.

In addition to the $34 million salary during his career in the NFL, Young had signed $30 million in endorsement deals with Reebok, Campbell's Soup, Madden NFL, Vizio and the National Dairy Council.

No sympathy from me.

It truly baffles me how players can do this... Granted I do get the "oh your my friend let's help you out" mentality but you really need to be smart with your money