• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

yankees buy dice-k JR

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well she did marry me.:noidea:

congrats on quitting drinking. i'm so scared to do it. life without booze. i'd have to counsel with someone else who is also quitting. I know the day is coming though :doh:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats on quitting drinking. i'm so scared to do it. life without booze. i'd have to counsel with someone else who is also quitting. I know the day is coming though :doh:

I quit drinking for about 20 years, for no other reason that I was both done and full. The only time I drink now is when I am at BWW, as it is hard to pass up getting happy hour prices all day, every day.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quit drinking for about 20 years, for no other reason that I was both done and full. The only time I drink now is when I am at BWW, as it is hard to pass up getting happy hour prices all day, every day.

for some stupid liberal reason, taxachusetts does not have happy hour anywhere.

we also cannot receive samples of tobacco products.

we're the only state with an excise tax.

I think we're the only state that considers ATV riders criminals. yet if you beat your woman, that's only a misdemeanor. :L

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for some stupid liberal reason, taxachusetts does not have happy hour anywhere.

we also cannot receive samples of tobacco products.

we're the only state with an excise tax.

I think we're the only state that considers ATV riders criminals. yet if you beat your woman, that's only a misdemeanor. :L

In Virginia Beach it is still legal to beat your wife, but you have to do it on Sundays between the hours of 1 and 3 in the afternoon on the courthouse steps.

I always wanted to see some idiot try this law.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Virginia Beach it is still legal to beat your wife, but you have to do it on Sundays between the hours of 1 and 3 in the afternoon on the courthouse steps.

I always wanted to see some idiot try this law.

whaaaaaat???

:L AND :laugh3:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only hope that he bounces back to good health, and soon.

For the first time since 2001, Hall of Fame third baseman Mike Schmidt won't be in uniform as a spring-training instructor for the Philadelphia Phillies because of what the club described as a "health issue."
The team said in an announcement Wednesday that Schmidt, who lives in Jupiter, Fla., "is treating a health issue that requires him to be near his doctors and will be unable to attend spring training as a field instructor this year."
Schmidt still "plans to visit camp in the middle of March" as part of his marketing relationship with the Phillies, the announcement said. And he expects to "continue his normal visits to Philly this summer."
No further information on Schmidt's condition was disclosed.
Schmidt played his entire 18-year career with the Phillies and since his retirement in 1989 has served in a variety of roles, including a one-year stint as manager of the franchise's Class A team in Clearwater in 2004.
The team also announced Wednesday the recently retired Roy Halladay will serve as a guest pitching instructor this spring as part of a group that includes former Phillies closer Brad Lidge, broadcaster Larry Andersen, Phillies scout Dave Hollins and former Phillies player and broadcaster Gary Mathews.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just reading a bit about the upcoming HOF class, and I see there is an unanswered question out there. Of the 6 new entries ( 3 players, 3 managers ) 5 seems to have obvious choices for the cap on their plaque.

However, what about Tony LaRussa? I think the White Sox can be taken out of the equation, but still that leaves the A's & Cardinals.

Hmmmmm?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just reading a bit about the upcoming HOF class, and I see there is an unanswered question out there. Of the 6 new entries ( 3 players, 3 managers ) 5 seems to have obvious choices for the cap on their plaque.

However, what about Tony LaRussa? I think the White Sox can be taken out of the equation, but still that leaves the A's & Cardinals.

Hmmmmm?

After looking him up I was right in my belief that he started his playing career with the A's, and he spent more time as the manager of the Cardinals.

But he only played 132 games with 122 with the A's and as a manager he almost spent as much time managing the White Sox as the A's.

9 years with the White Sox
10 years with the A's
16 years with the Cardinals

after the Wade Boggs fiasco I believe the HoF said that you go in with the team that you spent the most time with, so Cardinals.

:whistle: But wouldn't it be great to have Bobby Cox go in as a Yankee, since that is the team he started his playing career with.

Yes this is a joke for yall with no sarcasm meter.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmmmmm?

this is like bill belichick retiring as a browns head coach or a Baltimore colts assistant coach :laugh3:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is like bill belichick retiring as a browns head coach or a Baltimore colts assistant coach :laugh3:

How so? IMO, he made a big impact in Oakland, and won a title with them as well. As such, I think there at least needs to be a discussion on the subject.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like A-Roid has got a new career all lined up already -

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
off subject

I just noticed that I don't know / don't have the ability, to flag the daily thread in bold-case in the archive section.

bigD, please advise.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like A-Roid has got a new career all lined up already -

HGH makes you go 'hippa appa andelae tacos baritos!"

speedy_1.jpg

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
off subject

I just noticed that I don't know / don't have the ability, to flag the daily thread in bold-case in the archive section.

bigD, please advise.

And I should know that, being a Mod and all. However, I am clueless.

That said, if you send a private message to Admin Hammerdown, he will clue you in.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No wonder why I kept reading a bunch on how he was NOT going to the Reds......

Someone probably misunderstood what they heard from a source, and it ended up being Red Sox. Not a bad risk/ reward deal if what I am seeing is true. Only a $ 750,000 base salary, with the ability to earn a total of $ 6 mil if all contract insentives are met.

I just hope the Sox have a primo medical staff.......

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always wanted to see Sizemore in a Red Sox uniform, but I would have been a lot more excited about this five years ago. Worth a gamble I suppose (especially with the Sox OF depth), and it's "only" $750K. I'd be ecstatic if he plays in the majors again. Anything else is a bonus.

Was a really fun player to watch in Cleveland.